• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natal Charts

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I did my chart twice, because whenever I asked her, my mother couldn't make up her mind whether I was born at 10.30am or 11.30am. I was going to see if it was on my birth certificate, but I can't find it (I put it somewhere safe :rolleyes: ). The above chart was for 10.30am, below is 11.30am. The only difference was to the first bit (Rising Sign):

Rising Sign is in 08 Degrees Aries
You are a free spirit and you must be first at everything you do. Very energetic, self-assertive and active, things must be done your way. Even though you may feel calm and serene on the inside, you certainly do not act that way. You want to do everything full-tilt, 100 miles per hour! A great competitor, but a poor cooperator -- you must learn how to lose more gracefully. Very self-confident, ambitious and passionate, you radiate positive energy. You are blunt and direct, but at times unfeeling and tactless, especially if anyone offers you any resistance. You fight for your beliefs, but your tendency to act first and think later often causes you much grief.
"Must be first at everything you do" - yes. Energetic, self-assertive and active - not so much. Things must be done my way - usually. I don't do things 100 miles an hour unless it needs to be. I hate losing, and I can be very competitive, but it depends on the situation. Self-confident - sometimes; ambitious - no; passionate - yes. Blunt and direct - yes (although I can be tactful also - I'd just rather not be). I guess I fight for my beliefs...the store manager at work the other day said (when I made a comment about being "so scary", cause the store owner wouldn't come and ask me to move my car out of the car park himself - he asked someone else to do it :biglaugh: ) that I stand up for myself.

AquilaKit

Rising Sign is in 04 Degrees Libra
Very attractive and popular, your charm helps you to get your own way and prevents others from getting angry with you. "Peace and harmony at all costs" is your battle cry. You always try to ameliorate or to cosmetically hide any physical ugliness or any angry feelings between people. Flashy, but not gaudy, you prefer to dress elegantly. You generally have good taste in music, art and literature. Beware of the tendency to compromise yourself in your attempt to be agreeable at all times. A bit of a social butterfly, at times you can be vain and lazy. For the most part, however, you are gracious and affectionate, and your refined and aristocratic demeanor serves as a role model to others.
Meh. If I'm popular, it's only because I'm so insane and glomp everyone I think of as a friend. The battle cry reminds me of Vash's "Love and Peace" which I guess could describe me..depending on the mood I'm in. I don't care about how I am portrayed by others. I don't wear cosmetics. *hiss* And I speak my mind. If I don't like someone, they know it... If I had any elegant clothing I'd wear it. Well, I think I have good taste in music, literature, and art. The rest is pretty true. Though I'm not sure if I'm vain. Lazy, of course.

Sun is in 21 Degrees Leo.
More than a bit of a showoff, you love to be the center of attention! But others do not usually mind because they tend to enjoy your genuine warmth and affection. Very spirited and willful, proud and self-important at times, you demand your own way. You are quite honest, however, and the respect of others is very important to you. You never compromise yourself and you pursue your goals with persistence and dedication. Your regal presence and demeanor draws you to positions of leadership and authority. But beware of being overly hardheaded, domineering, ostentatious or patronizing or you will lose the goodwill and admiration that you enjoy. Very theatrical, you live life on a grand scale wherever and whenever possible. Your strength and energy vitalizes those who come in contact with you.
Depends on how confident I am at the time. If I'm in a bad mood, I'd rather just stay away from everyone. But, yeah, if I'm in a good mood, then sure, I'll get into the limelight. I don't like being a leader. Too much responsibility. *cough* Strength? Energy? I'm as weak as can be and I sleep more than I stay awake. The rest is true, though.

Moon is in 15 Degrees Capricorn.
You are serious and shy and very uncomfortable in those situations where spontaneous and exuberant emotional reactions seem called for. An achiever, you prefer doing practical, worthwhile things that produce tangible results. You need role models to respect, love and emulate. You tend to feel that you're a failure unless you get an important and highly respected position in life. Don't be so hard on yourself! For you, practical needs always win out over emotional considerations. Remember that you too have the right to comfort, security and love. Dutiful and patient, when you make an emotional commitment, you sign on for the long haul -- your love is long- enduring.
I've never really had a role model. And yes, I prefer to have the best job possible. I refuse to work at a fast food restraunt. I can do better. And the rest is incredibly true.

Mercury is in 14 Degrees Virgo.
Very thorough and efficient, you pay attention to the minor but important details of any project. You are a careful thinker who can learn complicated, intricate techniques. You are attracted to practical, useful skills and are probably good at working with your hands. You are very critical of yourself and others, sometimes too much so, and you get the reputation of being a nag or of being nit-picky. Your first reaction to any situation is to try to organize, classify and analyze everything!
heh heh that's true.

Venus is in 25 Degrees Virgo.
You express your love and affection through selfless service to people or causes. You have a tendency to underestimate yourself and doubt your self-worth. This is very demeaning and should be avoided -- learn to love yourself as well as you do others. Your standards of perfection are very high -- you are attracted to relationships based on duty and responsibility. You are supercritical of yourself and others and, at times, prefer to be alone rather than deal with any imperfections in yourself or in those with whom you might relate.
I don't know if this is true or false...

Mars is in 06 Degrees Virgo.
Very careful and systematic, you pay great attention to details. You are always seeking perfection and sometimes get bogged down searching for the ultimate when adequacy would have been sufficient. You dislike abstractions, preferring whatever is practical, useful and demonstrable. You have a strong and enduring sense of personal responsibility, and you demand that others be as responsible and upright as you are. Very critical of yourself and others, sometimes you carry this too far and become overly intolerant of others and their right to choose their own lifestyles.
True for the most part. I'm fairly open-minded about letting others live the way they want, though.

Meh. I'm too lazy to put the rest on here.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
FeathersinHair said:
That's true, Buttercup. I've often wondered if a 'personalized' birthchart might be interesting- like one being done for you by a friend- but I wonder how much would be the actual 'astrology' and how much it would be of them knowing your nature.
Ideally, it should all be "knowing your nature" if the astrologer is doing her job right. The symbols of astrology have their inherent meanings, but those are not "about you" at all, unless they are related (have a relation drawn) to something in your life. That's why the chart depictions made by computer are so hit-and-miss --they can only tell you what the symbols mean, not what the symbols mean to you.

A personalized chart, i.e. sitting down with a professional astrologer, would have that; it would take the meaning inherent in the symbols are relate it to things in your life, for one purpose or another. That is 'actual' astrology.

FeathersinHair said:
I agree with not following it as a guide program. It is fascinating to see how some people's 'signs' match some and not others. I sometimes wonder about my own sign, both in the Western and Chinese traditions. The descriptions suit me perfectly, but I wonder how much is just that my temperment wants them to be suited.
If you take another look at the charts, everyone has all the signs in their chart. The symbols of the Zodiac represent the entire spectrum of human experiences, and we all have that, in potential, in us. We are described by all the signs. The 'sign' people refer to as allocated to them is the position of the sun in the chart. The position of that illuminary, in particular, is determined by their birth date in the calendar year, and so it is very personal to them. The sun represents the 'Self', the spirit, the ego and the heart of a person. That you find most things the symbol represents to be appropriate as a description for you is a sign (to me) that you are 'Self'-aware. (See how I draw a relation, for me, between the appropriateness of the 'sign' to you and the meaning of the sign... That's astrology, drawing relationships.)

Other people identify more with other parts of themselves: emotions, body, mind, activity, learning, inhibitions, etc. and might find their strongest identifiers in the positions of other planets, or aspects between the planets.

It is no accident that the meaning of the sun's symbol 'matches' you; the things it talks about happen to be things that you find significant about yourself. The sun symbol is significant, too, to you, because it falls on your birthday, and I'm betting you are open to thinking that that is important... so there's automatically a relationship drawn there between you and how significant the sign should be to you. (I guessed that, because you bothered to look up your info and you're here discussing it.) The things it talks about are things you already knew about yourself, and reading them here you go 'click'. You draw another relationship. There are other things you find significant about yourself that are not there; similiarly, there may be one or two things that are there that you don't find significant about yourself, but not enough to earn a 'bad' rating with you.

The 'sign' is not there to describe you, it is there to allow you to draw a relationship between its meaning and things in your life.

Sorry if I sound lecturey. Astrology is one of my hobbies.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
michel said:
It can't recognise where I was born...........:( (and it is useless putting in 'nearby city' when that is 500 miles away!)
If you know it's 500 miles away, then we've already narrowed it down. :)

Just kidding. There are ways to 'rectify' a chart to correct for things that are unknown; and, barring that, there can be great significance for you in a chart that doesn't represent your birth date but rather another significant date in your life, at a time and place where you know you were.

evearael

My chart is all squished to one side... from Gemini to Capricorn focused around Scorpio. What on earth does that mean?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
evearael said:
My chart is all squished to one side... from Gemini to Capricorn focused around Scorpio. What on earth does that mean?
It means that's where the planets were when you were born. :) Just kidding. Astrology humour. It has an astrological significance dependent upon what houses the placed planets fall into. Do you know what your rising sign (Ascendant) is?

evearael

Here you go :)
Rising Sign is in 28 Degrees Virgo
You tend to be very shy and not very self-assertive. You are supercritical about how you appear to others. Even though you may think you are uninteresting and dull, you are actually quite soft- spoken, orderly, neat and very likable. You are a perfectionist with high standards, and at times you can be quite tactless in pointing out the faults of others. Very practical, efficient and purposeful, your appearance and bearing reflect your need to appear graceful, sensible and reserved. You have a crisp, no-nonsense approach to dealing with others. Never lazy or self-indulgent, you tend to be dedicated to the work ethic.

Sun is in 24 Degrees Scorpio.
Intense and complex by nature, you have extremely strong emotional reactions to most situations. Feelings are often very difficult for you to verbalize. Therefore you have a tendency to be very quiet - - to brood and think a lot. You seldom get overtly angry, but, when you do, you are furious and unforgiving. When you make an emotional commitment, it is total -- you are not attracted to superficial or casual relationships. If you are challenged, you take it as a personal affront and tend to lash out and fight back in a vengeful manner. You love mysteries and the supernatural. A good detective, you love getting to the roots of problems and you enjoy finding out what makes other people tick. You are known to be very willful, very powerful and quite tenacious!

Moon is in 08 Degrees Leo.
You always want to be proud of yourself and will never do anything that will make yourself look bad. You need the respect and admiration of others and enjoy attracting attention to yourself. Everything you do tends to be self-emphasized and self-exaggerated. Very stubborn, willful and independent yourself, be sure to allow others who are close to you the similar right to "be themselves." Your need for love, affection and reassurance, and your tendency toward vanity, allow you to have your head easily turned by flattery. The more insecure you are, the more you tend to be a showoff. You love games and sports as a matter of fact, you would usually rather play than work. Be careful of a tendency to be snobbish and uppity -- it does not become you.

Mercury is in 11 Degrees Scorpio.
You are a born investigator. You are fascinated by secrets and mysteries and unanswered questions of any kind. When you become upset or angry, your emotional reactions are overpowering -- reason and logic disappear in an uncontrollable passionate outburst. You tend to keep your thoughts secret and bottled up and this makes others regard you with suspicion. It is not that you are trying purposely to be evasive, it is just that you would rather not deal with the explosions and hassles that often occur when you reveal your true feelings and opinions. Your sense of humor tends toward sarcasm and irony.

Venus is in 11 Degrees Capricorn.
You tend to keep your feelings under control -- emotions are only released in serious or important situations. You are distrustful of others whose behavior could be judged excessive or immoderate. As such, you prefer to relate only to those who are older than you or to those whose position is such that respect and duty are more important for both of you than passion or emotional response. Be careful, however, of relationships that are merely based on practicality or utility or you will ultimately be lonely.

Mars is in 15 Degrees Virgo.
Very careful and systematic, you pay great attention to details. You are always seeking perfection and sometimes get bogged down searching for the ultimate when adequacy would have been sufficient. You dislike abstractions, preferring whatever is practical, useful and demonstrable. You have a strong and enduring sense of personal responsibility, and you demand that others be as responsible and upright as you are. Very critical of yourself and others, sometimes you carry this too far and become overly intolerant of others and their right to choose their own lifestyles.

Jupiter is in 28 Degrees Libra.
You are generally good at balancing opinions and judging issues, but you tend to be indecisive when it comes to making up your own mind. You are objective and quite concerned with fair play and justice. But, when it comes to yourself, you are so aware that whatever you do might upset the apple cart that you often choose to compromise rather than do anything that might make you lonely or vulnerable. Relationships are very important to you -- you learn about yourself and grow through observing yourself interacting with others. Your aesthetic tastes are refined, but expansive and expensive.

Saturn is in 17 Degrees Libra.
Although you take quite a while to make decisions, you usually consider all sides to a question, all the pros and cons, and the solution you come up with is very often the correct one. You tend to be very reserved and shy, but, once you make a commitment to someone (in either a business or personal relationship), the partnership is forever. You have a strong sense of justice and fair play and greatly respect the laws and institutions by which you are governed. As such, you are outraged when others break laws or show contempt for authority.

Uranus is in 00 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

Neptune is in 23 Degrees Sagittarius.
You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Pluto is in 25 Degrees Libra.
For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

N. Node is in 24 Degrees Cancer.
You genuinely enjoy meeting other people, but you're at your best if you can do so from the comfort of your own home. You prefer others to come to you and tend to feel uncomfortable about leaving your home or neighborhood for any extended period of time. Those who do come in contact with you are struck by your caring and obliging nature -- you really make them feel at home. You form the closest ties, however, with members of your immediate family, especially your parents and children. You're at your best attending or organizing family reunions!

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
evearael said:
Here you go :)
Okay, so this is what the spread of the planets looks like based just on the information you presented. I find it so much easier to talk about with a picture. I will describe what the symbolism means, but like I explained above (and like you read in the blurbs that come with each of your planets) this is not really about you; it is just a bare description of what the symbols mean. In order for it to be about you, you have to take the general idea presented and relate it to things that are significant about you.

evearael.png

The majority of planets in your chart are below the horizon (the line through the middle) except for the Moon, which is high in the eastern sky, and Mars, which is rising in the East. The horizon is a line that symbolises duality for a person, the split between the active, conscious mind and what goes on unconsciously, without having to put thought into it. In Jungian astrology, this divide is between extrovert and introvert. So the planets above the line symbolize parts of you that more directly influence your life: the Moon (emotional, feminine, rhythm, reflection, etc) and Mars (physical activity, assertion, discipline, craftsmanship, etc).

The Ascendant, or rising sign, represents the point where we become aware of things from the subconsious mind. It is a point in both worlds, and so is representative of our personality in its entirety. It is not "who we are" per se, but the face that we present to the world as we respond and react to things that go on there.

There is another significant duality of the person, which is not represented by a line on this chart because the information wasn't in the bits you presented, but it splits the chart left and right. The left or eastern half, where most of your planet lie, is symbolized as personal, concerned with the individual and their impact on the world (in Jungian astrology, an individual psyche). The western half is social, impersonal, having to work with, or be subject to, others to make things happen (in Jungian astrology, a collective psyche).

Most of your planets are within the lower left quadrant the chart. So, the grouping in that quadrant of the chart indicates a subject who makes things happen for him or her self. They are the prime motivator and the end result of their actions, a "self-made" person.

Such a grouping doesn't mean "this is who you are", it means "this is what is indicated in this chart." In order to make use of this 'data', we look to your behaviors and habits and find a match in your real life that is significant. Then we can work with that.

The symbolism of such a grouping also forces awareness of its opposite quadrant, the" parnership" person whose main concern is cooperating and sharing. That is not something that is lacking in you because of a lack of planets; rather, it is something that doesn't come naturally. Like any person, you can and do learn.