• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Names of most important Messangers and the Words you speak to remember him

religion99

Please mention most important Messenger of your Religion. Also mention any specific sentence you chant to remember him/her and the religion. Please be as sect-specific as possible.

I'll start with what I know:

a. Religion : Digambar Jainism
b. Messanger : Kundakunda
c. Sentence to chant to remember messenger and religion :
mangalam bhagavan Virah, mangalam Gautamo ganih,mangalam Kundakundadyah, Jainadharmo 'stu mangalam.
( Mahavira is Auspicious , Gautama is Auspicious , Kundakunda is Auspicious , Jainism is Auspicious )

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I really like my mail carrier. I'll respect her privacy and not divulge her name but I usually say something like "Hi. You ya doing?"

religion99

Let me help out to our Atheist friends. Please correct if I am wrong:

2. Religion : Atheism
Messenger : ?????
Slogan:

Springing forth from these elements itself
solid knowledge is destroyed
when they are destroyed—
after death no intelligence remains.

Fire is hot, water cold,
refreshingly cool is the breeze of morning;
By whom came this variety?
They were born of their own nature.

That the pleasure arising to man
from contact with sensible objects,
is to be relinquished because accompanied by pain—
such is the reasoning of fools.
The kernels of the paddy, rich with finest white grains,
What man, seeking his own true interest,
would fling them away
because of a covering of husk and dust?

While life remains, let a man live happily,
let him feed on butter though he runs in debt;
When once the body becomes ashes,
how can it ever return again?

religion99

There is no contradiction in pointing out that atheism isn't a religion. Nor is baldness a hair color.

atheism isn't a religion - there is contradiction , because religion is integral , non-separable part of all the living beings.
baldness isn't a hair color - there is no contradiction , because hair is not integral part of living beings.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
There's a teeny problem in that atheism is a "religion" as much as bald is a hair color.
I don't see why people use this analogy. It's flawed unless you believe atheism = nonreligion, in which case you are wrong, and it is still flawed.

Atheism is as much a religion or lack of religion as theism is.

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I don't see why people use this analogy. It's flawed unless you believe atheism = nonreligion, in which case you are wrong, and it is still flawed.

Atheism is as much a religion or lack of religion as theism is.

This is a good point -- thank you for clarifying that.

The original context of the saying is that "atheism is a belief as much as bald is a hair color."

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
atheism isn't a religion - there is contradiction , because religion is integral , non-separable part of all the living beings.

This is very open to debate. I for one find no reason to believe that's true. I get along just fine without any religion.

cottage

There doesn't appear to be any indisputable definition of the term 'religion'; so I don't see how it can be innate if we can't say precisely what it is? But if 'religion' is being used in a broad catch-all sense of belief in something then there is a failure to acknowledge a crucial point, which is that we are talking about two very different species of belief. Unlike god-belief, the most strident advocate for secularism can never claim atheism a 'Truth'. And there is an evident absurdity in the notion of believing-in a negative concept as opposed to believing-that mystical beings (or whatever) don't exist.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
I belong to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community and by far the most important messenger in our religion and the one without whom this universe would not have been created was the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

We actually say "Sall-Allah-u-alaihi-wasallam" which translates to "peace and blessings of Allah be upon him".