• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name"Allah" in Bible?

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Yes. It's like the old Steve Martin joke when he complained about the French; "They have a different word for everything!"

Allah is simply Arabic for God. Just so you know, "Kami" is Japanese for God and, in Kanji, is written so:
kanji_god.jpg

However, in the case of the Japanese, their perception of God isn't the same as the Abrahamic religions.
5100.Abrahamic-religions.gif

Last edited:
sure why not? the word Allah organated from aramaic word "alaha" meaning the GOD. some people think is come from al-ilaah but wich is relly more close to the word hahaha. the last a in alaha is usally dropped when syriac names are barrowed into arabic. christianity used "alah" and "alaha" often

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I'm just wondering can we used name of "Allah" in Bible which refer to God?

you would need to distinguish who your God is though because in the bible, the devil is called by the title of god. And Jesus is called by the title of god, and the pagan gods all have names such as Molech god, and Baal god, and Astoreth god.

so if the name of your god is god, then it would be hard to distinguish who your god is. is it the devil, Molech, Yahweh, Jesus, Astoreth...????

You see, in the bible all the gods have specific names. the word 'god' is only a title, not a name.

JAZZMINE

That's mean in the bible got many gods,is it?I thought it was Jesus only in the bible.I am confused...So who is "Allah" in bible?is it Jesus?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
That's mean in the bible got many gods,is it?I thought it was Jesus only in the bible.I am confused...So who is "Allah" in bible?is it Jesus?

Jesus is not God in the bible...he is a son of God.

in the hebrew scriptures, the God of Abraham had a personal name...it is found here:

Exodus 6:3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

Exodus 3:15 Then God said once more to Moses:
“This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘Jehovah the God of YOUR forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to YOU.’ This is my name to time indefinite

Isaiah 42:8 “I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.

Psalms 83:18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..

Try telling that to some of the Baptists around here. "Jesus is Lord" mixed with how some perceive the concept of the Trinity and many around here think all are the same.

Romans 1:3-4 "Concerning His Son, Who was born of David's seed by natural descent, Who was declared Son of God with power by the Spirit of holiness when he was raised from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace."

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Try telling that to some of the Baptists around here. "Jesus is Lord" mixed with how some perceive the concept of the Trinity and many around here think all are the same.

Romans 1:3-4 "Concerning His Son, Who was born of David's seed by natural descent, Who was declared Son of God with power by the Spirit of holiness when he was raised from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace."

;) oh if only they would listen.

Doulos

Allah merely means 'The God' in Arabic. Arabic speaking Christians use it when referring to God.

In talking with Muslims in North America, I would use God instead of Allah for the same reason. In either case is it is merely trying to find a term that is respectful. There simply is no other word that would have the meaning of the One True God in either language.

Doulos

The Bible has only one God. Allah is simply the Arabic word for God, and is related to the Hebrew word Elohim.

F0uad

Allah doesn't simply mean God since a God can be a female goddess or a male god, people use the word god in bad situations and so on... Allah(swt) is a personal name like Christians say: Jehovah of the True One-God. Allah(swt) is a personal meaning and its not derived from Al-Lah like El-hoim because Al doesn't mean god nor does Lah mean anything. Anyway if we would translate the Old-testament back to Armaiac/Hebrew we would find hes name over 20 times.

Doulos

Allah doesn't simply mean God since a God can be a female goddess or a male god, people use the word god in bad situations and so on... Allah(swt) is a personal name like Christians say: Jehovah of the True One-God. Allah(swt) is a personal meaning and its not derived from Al-Lah like El-hoim because Al doesn't mean god nor does Lah mean anything. Anyway if we would translate the Old-testament back to Armaiac/Hebrew we would find hes name over 20 times.

Allah is not derived from Al-Lah, it is the normal contraction of Al-Ilah (Al 'the', ilah 'god'). It is thus not a personal name, but a title.

If you would like to discuss the text of the Hebrew Bible, I'd be happy to.

walidow

so what does son of God mean ?

I understand that the son of man is a man ..
the son of Bird is bird ..
the son of Jinn is Jinn..
so what about the son of God ? Juniour god?

if u call it just spiritual .. i ask you what makes him different from the many sons of God in the bible? and why the son of God calls himself son of man in the other hand? maybe he was only to prove that he is even not the son of God as u imaginate ..

walidow

Allah is the name of God .. sounding like AL ELAH doesn't make wise people deny the name .. Allah is the name and Allah has named himself with this .. if you are finding it complicated .. you have to go to the source of ARABIC language .. and God has 99 names in our scriptures .. all them names are his names and every name explains descriptions about God ..

so Doulos .... don't mix Allah with Al ILAH .. only to deny the name ..if your answer was right .. we should call him ALILAH .. to me it sounds lovely .. but sorry .. it is not true .. ALLAH is a PROPER NAME not Nickname.. thank you ..

Last edited:
Arabic versions of the Orthodox Bible use "Allah" for God. In Maltese, a Semitic language, God is "Alla". Most Maltese are Roman Catholic. John 3:16 is written thus:

Għax Alla hekk ħabb id-dinja, li ta l-Iben waħdieni tiegħu, biex kull min jemmen bih ma jintilifx, iżda jkollu l-ħajja ta' dejjem

Arabic speakers should recognize many words such as " ħabb" (loved) "id-dinja" (the world - "j" is pronounced as a "y" in Maltese), iben (son), waħdieni (one, only), etc...

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Since it is wrong to force people to listen, what is your recommendation to convince them?

Also, have you ever considered listening to them yourself?

if they wont listen to the scriptures where Gods name is found over 7,000 times, then they simply dont want to listen. Its their choice.

But i have a sneaking suspicion that their theology of the trinity is what prevents them from accepting it. They are taught that Jesus is God...so, who is Jehovah???

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
so what does son of God mean ?

I understand that the son of man is a man ..
the son of Bird is bird ..
the son of Jinn is Jinn..
so what about the son of God ? Juniour god?

if u call it just spiritual .. i ask you what makes him different from the many sons of God in the bible? and why the son of God calls himself son of man in the other hand? maybe he was only to prove that he is even not the son of God as u imaginate ..

In the book of Genesis, Adam is called a son of God. And the scriptures also call the angels 'sons of God'
So this term applies to all who are created by God.

Jesus was created by God according to the scriptures
Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation
Jesus was the first created heavenly being or Angel. That is what makes him different to all others. He is also called the 'son of man' because he came down from heaven to be born as a man for the purpose of teaching mankind how a perfect man is to live...and to prove, unlike our father Adam, that we can do it.

Monster!

If your speaking in Arabic Allah means God, I think it could be any God but I'm guessing it's referring to Jehovah x