• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nagin: God mad at America

Ardent Listener

Well, religious nut cases are not just for the far right any more. Not since New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin (democrat) made the statement Monday that Hurricans Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at the black communities, too, for tearning themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surley God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurrican, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he dosen't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surley he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Maybe he plans to go into the television religious wacko business when he is voted out of office.:bonk:

This is for you mayor Nagin:tsk: !

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'll never understand why people say things like that. My area missed every tornado that ripped through Indiana this year, so by saying God is angery with New Orleans, it would also mean that the Christian God (assuming that is the one he is refering to) is for some reason not mad at me, even though I deny him and reject his son as savior. I'm gonna bet he doesn't get re-elected.

Flappycat

Why don't all these clowns get together and form a Christian party or something? That's just what this country needs. Then we can go back to the Democrats wrestling to keep the moderate libertarians, egalitarians, environmentalits, progs, and labor types unified while the Republicans make with the flag-waving, corporation coddling, and tax cuts. Two thirds of the black population and the white rednecks sharing the same party would put the last nail in the coffin of the country's racial divisions.

M

Majikthise

Divine Androgyne said:
That's it! A mosquito bit him and sucked his brain out!:biglaugh:
That would be one undernourished insect!:biglaugh: