• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mysticism?

bp789

I've read on many posts on the forum that while mysticism has been restricted to small and persecuted sects of Abrahamic religions, mysticism is open and public in Hinduism and other Dharmic religions....but what the heck is mysticism? One definition I found of mysticism is that it is basically a system that believes in a soul's union or absorption with God. Is that really it? On other posts, I have read things mentioning seeing visions of God speaking with them, astral planes, or vibrations found in certain deities. So what in the world is mysticism in the Hindu context? What are all the aspects in Hinduism that are considered mystical?

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What are all the aspects in Hinduism that are considered mystical?

Depends on the sect, as some are seen as more mystical than others. Basically its a catch-all term for all the inner stuff like intuition, feeling of shakti from deities, oneness with God, meditation, siddhis, kundalini, temple worship, and more. So all the stuff that just isn't philosophy or stuff ruled by logic.