• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My train of thoughts in 2022 - the post-Shiva life

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I enjoy this forum, but I tend to get extremely burned out even after making 1000 posts here. I haven't fully figured it out yet, just that it has something to do, I think, with me being a bit of an introvert. Introverts need alone time to recharge. And sometimes, I dare say, said recharging can even take much longer than a mere 24 hours.

I've been around my Christian family a lot lately. They're always playing Christian sermons on TV. And the sermons are hard to tune out. I don't feel a Christian path or lifestyle is for me. And surrounded by all this stuff, and these other ideas, sometimes I find it easy to somehow, some way, lose myself. I guess getting back on this forum for awhile, answering things for myself and not in front of them, has made me once again "feel" that more authentic version of myself, and get back to the person I want to be.

In the path to figuring things out for myself, yes I have made a few mistakes. Being mildly too superstitious and focused on woo. And even having a bit of panic of sorts, moderate anxiety, when I was facing all the things I was for the time that I was openly transgender.

I can't authentically or fully put myself in another's shoes. But I do find communicating with people in life, and on the forum, more difficult than I think it should be. I seem to have that social awkwardness, I think. I was diagnosed with mental health issues long ago and take medicine, and I do bring my medical history up, or a brief form of it, when I meet new people, but only after a couple of weeks. I feel it does make me seen differently by them, quite often. It affects the power dynamic where they start to see me as instable in mind, perhaps even seeing themselves in their mind as stable by comparison, and I feel it creates an unlevel power dynamic, quite often.

My best solution to overcoming this is, I feel there is such a thing as overthinking things. That it happens often when you're just staring into someone's eyes and talking. In real life, I feel more comfortable about moments that are less planned. Whether that moment is playing paintball, or some other strenuous activity. For me and the other person to do.

I feel I exist more on the spiritual level as a person. I have to be awakened, unwrapped, or invigorated somehow, to open up. It's possible you'll get some attitude that comes it, possibly even an indecisive mind. And yes, some of my personality and mannerisms may have to do with mental health somewhat. But I'm the type that likes to play hard, even if it breaks me, and pick up the pieces later. And I feel I clean up nicely in that regard, or so I hope. I'm the type where someone tells me "I don't think it's reasonable to do this with your age/condition" and I might say "Watch me", then go onto great success with said thing.

I feel with my personality, that my current choice of faith, which I've mentioned before, may be a good fit for me. Wicca. Time will tell whether I ever move on from it.

Awhile back, sometimes I blab too much I think, but I did get discouraged when some forum people were being a bit critical, not mean, but stating faults dryly and matter-of-factly, about me. I feel that most weren't accurate, and that said people were judging me, but hadn't spent enough time around me to properly assess, nor went into the deeper conversations with me to know me. It frustrated me, but I'm over it now, or else I wouldn't be posting here. I think I'm ready to move on from it, and I'll try to make it the last I say about it.

So about that whole gender thing. I've identified as transgender before, yes. I'm taking a step back. But not giving up embracing my femininity completely.

But going back to regrets, yes I do regret a few things. Talking about one or two of my spiritual experiences while identifying as Hindu, on the forum, and also you all could have probably done without listening to my weird experience of meeting an energy healer.

But in case it wasn't said, I think I'm doing okay, though. Overcoming obstacles in my path, finding ways to reduce my anxiety and overcome, and shaping my path the way I want it to be. I think I'm starting to be understood more by people outside this site, too. Sometimes the fault I struggle with right now is being too picky - if a conversation feels like I'm talking to a wall, I often start to fade out from the conversation. Sure, sometimes if you encounter someone unemotional, they can still help you along your path, sometimes keeping you grounded. It's good to have friends like that. I also look at the bigger picture too - some day I'd like to meet someone, with a deep soul, great emotional intelligence, an old soul brought up on the latest, and despite them not being exactly like me in every way, I feel I click well with that type. Whether that ends up with friendship, twin flame friendship, or more, who can tell? But one of my goals right now, is seeking out that person that I don't even know the name of. I feel that stranger things in my life have happened, than to meet such a person that clicks with me.

Maybe someone else will be that person to unlock the inner depths and enigma of my being, or maybe it will be more personal and will be me, me learning more about being that person, that person that I feel I need.

So, hey, that's where I'm at right now.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
yes I have made a few mistakes.

This of course is no different from the rest of us. But you get a big +1 for admitting you make mistakes. Too many refuse.

But I'm the type that likes to play hard, even if it breaks me, and pick up the pieces later.

I've learned a few things (shocking, I know) during my lifetime. One of them is the value of "know thyself" .

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I enjoy this forum, but I tend to get extremely burned out even after making 1000 posts here. I haven't fully figured it out yet, just that it has something to do,
@Snow White

Thank you so much for sharing (no coincidence I coincidentally pressed the "follow" button, and I thought I undid it, but mispressed that one too). The Spirit works miraculously. Just amazing.

Your whole post makes perfect sense to me (incredible), I could have written it, but I could not, you are much better at putting it in words. I read all of it, as if I read about my own life.

About your above words: I felt similar, e.g. when an alert popped up, that someone replied to my posts, I felt anxious as in "what did I do wrong this time", and when I read a certain @name, I felt even more stressed out. So, I decided "I better keep posting till this one gets solved", clearly a big emotional block in me, feeling anxious to speak out my opinion, and scared for criticism. I know where it comes from...My father, always overruled my feelings if I expressed them. And this block I get perfectly mirrored on RF.

My Master gave me a few important instructions, I can see now, that gradually solves this block for me, but took me years to change my old habits I created to avoid confrontations
1) He told me "you can count to 5 before replying" (usual advice to people is to tell them to count to ten, as many speak without thinking). I am the opposite, I overthink too much, and reply sometimes days later. If I reply, usually my reply covers all holes against any attack to my words.

Sai Baba always gives instructions in a very palatable way to me (never criticizes me, never a negative word, always advice using positive words). Straight away I knew I should stop over thinking and be more ad rem. I became aware I usually count to, probably, 5000 before I reply. @Rival is my perfect Guru in this (she replies to me before I finish double checking my post. This alone proves to me God exists, and He uses Rival to show how I should do it (and it happened more than 50 times I think, so that should be proof enough:D)

I got more pointers, but I see it already got quite lengthy, so I better stop now

RF is really amazing, if I want to learn about myself and improve areas that can be improved. I am not on RF to learn about Spirituality (Sai Baba taught me all about that), I am on RF to learn about my psyche. In a way, to me, that is Spirituality in practice

I enjoy this forum, but I tend to get extremely burned out even after making 1000 posts here. I haven't fully figured it out yet, just that it has something to do,
I am confident you figure it out (seeing how wonderfully you described your process). People like us, who do lots of introspection, usually find things out if we put our healthy (positive) and strong mind to it, even if it takes a while. So, I see my disadvantage (being unable to express myself well) as a way to solve many intriguing mysteries in the process, while solving my emotional let's say "challenges".

stvdv

I feel with my personality, that my current choice of faith, which I've mentioned before, may be a good fit for me. Wicca. Time will tell whether I ever move on from it.
Wicca intrigues me. I never studied it, but my impression is, that it's about contacting the Spirit within (correct me if I am wrong please), and that I do like 24/7...I love it more than anything else in this Universe

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Wicca intrigues me. I never studied it, but my impression is, that it's about contacting the Spirit within (correct me if I am wrong please), and that I do like 24/7...I love it more than anything else in this Universe

I see it as a complex and varied set of teachings. There are a few terms that might be useful in study, such as about the Horned God and the Goddess. Then there's a magic portion to it, that's a part of practice.

Based on my meeting other witches, I notice that a lot are either Trump supporters, or feminists.

I don't feel the two beliefs are really compatible. So in other words, I think you will meet a lot of both liberal, and conservative, witches.

I've also seen variations in what witches call themselves.

Also, when viewing the religion and the people, I often can't help but feel there's kind of sometimes a lot of feminine energy surrounding the religion and the practices that I've seen.

Contrast that with Christianity, which I often feel is a little bit male-centered.

stvdv

I see it as a complex and varied set of teachings. There are a few terms that might be useful in study, such as about the Horned God and the Goddess. Then there's a magic portion to it, that's a part of practice
Thank you for sharing a bit about Wikka

I like the magic portion in it. Symbolized by the angel with wings. Reading about it, I saw quite a few similarities with Hinduism

Based on my meeting other witches, I notice that a lot are either Trump supporters, or feminists
I'm not surprised, Trump representing male power (though imo he seems to bluff a bit) and feminists representing the female Goddess.

I don't feel the two beliefs are really compatible. So in other words, I think you will meet a lot of both liberal, and conservative, witches
If you talk about Trump and feminists I can understand, and I even would hope they are not compatible.
If you talk about Horned God and Goddess, I thought they are compatible, right?

Also, when viewing the religion and the people, I often can't help but feel there's kind of sometimes a lot of feminine energy surrounding the religion and the practices that I've seen
I met some very nice women who were into Wicca. Very nice and strong energy and very friendly. I also got the impression of feminine energy, hence I like it probably

Contrast that with Christianity, which I often feel is a little bit male-centered
Kind of an understatement, right?

So, it's nice there is Wicca for those who have had enough of male-centered religions. Male-centered would be fine with me, but human male usually is more about ego-centered which I rather avoid