• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My struggle within..

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Am I a true Christian? I believe in God and that Jesus was his son. But I also believe in some of the Wiccan beliefs. (I once was a Wiccan.) I love some of the Buddist sayings.
I have trouble with my fellow Christians anti-gay stance. I have alot of tattoos and most Christians judge me for that.​
I believe in the power of crystals. I feel torn in my beliefs. Your thoughts welcome. Thank You.

jonny

Rebecca said:
Am I a true Christian? I believe in God and that Jesus was his son. But I also believe in some of the Wiccan beliefs. (I once was a Wiccan.) I love some of the Buddist sayings.
I have trouble with my fellow Christians anti-gay stance. I have alot of tattoos and most Christians judge me for that.​
I believe in the power of crystals. I feel torn in my beliefs. Your thoughts welcome. Thank You.
A Christian is someone who believes in and follows the teachings of Christ. Only you can be the judge of whether or not you fit this criteria. I wouldn't worry too much about what other Christians think. It really doesn't matter what other people think of your beliefs because they are between you and God.

Dark_Waltz

Hey,
It sounds like you have pagan leanings, but as you can get judgemental chritians you can get judgemental pagans too.
I think its something you should take time over.
Look deep inside and think about what you actually do beleive out of what you are told to beleive,
Then write down all the reasons you think you are christian and all the reasons you think You may be wiccan. Muse on it, even ask guidance from mentors in both religions (if not in real life online)
Life is a journey dont rush yourself,
I think the above may help you but it is your life and your Values
I hope it helped a little :)

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Huh you got me there lol, I do believe in Christ and his teachings and teach my children the Bible. (Even though I have problems with alot of the OT.)
When everyday your judged by Christians, you soon start to believe what they are saying. Is this really what I want to say I am?​
I started going to a RC Church as they seemed to be more open minded, but ran into the same 2 faced people I ran into with the other churches. I have yet to find a church that I enjoy going to.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Rebecca said:
Am I a true Christian? I believe in God and that Jesus was his son. But I also believe in some of the Wiccan beliefs. (I once was a Wiccan.) I love some of the Buddist sayings.I believe in the power of crystals. I feel torn in my beliefs. Your thoughts welcome. Thank You.
Rebecca,

You see before you (were we talking face to face) a man who is much in the same position as you. I hope that brings comfort.

As you so succinctly put it, I believe in God and that Jesus was his son. I could go furtther, and say that I believe in God the Father, The son, and the Holy Ghost, but what you have said, (in my mind) qualifies you as a Christian, a follower of Christ.
I have trouble with my fellow Christians anti-gay stance. I have alot of tattoos and most Christians judge me for that
For the first sentence, I can concur that I too have a great deal of trouble with Christian anti-gay stance. If that is a sin ( having a problem with accepting gays), then no doubt I shall pay heavily; I am a member of Human Rights Campaign [[email protected]], as a supporter of equal rights for the GLBT cause; Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement [LGCM] ,Oxford House, Derbyshire Street, London, E2 6HG, UK. You are not alone.
I also believe in some of the Wiccan beliefs. (I once was a Wiccan.) I love some of the Buddist sayings.
I fon't know much about wicca, but it has always struck me that what I do know of it has never been something that I could see as being 'wrong'. I too love Buddhist sayings; Buddhism is as such not necessarily seen as a religion; it is more of a phylosophy, and one which I thoroughly approve of.

I believe in the power of crystals
As do I; I use Crystals to focus healing energy when practicing Reiki, and I see them as a powerful 'tool' to help focus whilst meditating. I also read the Tarot (for meditation only - no fortune telling, I can assure you), I believe in reflexology, aromatherapy, palmistry, radiesthesia, astrology (the real astrology (which, again is not for fortune telling), and not the garbage in newspapers)

See, Rebecca, you are not alone.:bounce
If you need further reassurance, please P.M me.:)

Dark_Waltz

(sorry I must have interpreted it wrong at first lol)
Yeah I ran into the same problems when I was a teenager, I was an altar server and got told off for allowing a child to help me fold the altar cloth,
Even though Jesus said let the children come to me, theres always some sour faced pensioner who disagrees.

LOL so I don't know what to tell you other than fight them with your own scripture.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
michel, you have made my day. I too believe in Tarot, I used to read Runes also but thought this was so bad been "Christian" or so I was told. Thinking about it there is not one thing you mentioned that I disagree with.
I have often said "I have my fingers into to many fires" If ever you visit the U.S pop in and have a cuppa.​
Dark_Waltz Thank you also Karma to you both for understanding.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Rebecca said:
michel, you have made my day. I too believe in Tarot, I used to read Runes also but thought this was so bad been "Christian" or so I was told. Thinking about it there is not one thing you mentioned that I disagree with.
I have often said "I have my fingers into to many fires" If ever you visit the U.S pop in and have a cuppa.​
Dark_Waltz Thank you also Karma to you both for understanding.
A cuppa sounds delightful, thank you; I'll bear that in mind. Oh, and I forgot the I Ching........;)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I can relate Rebecca...

Sometimes you think you have it all down and then some only to find holes or seeming inconsistencies in your beliefs. Sometimes you just have to doubt your doubts and believe your beliefs. Nothing else works. That's how it is with me!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It sounds simplistic, but "be true to yourself" is a very good rule. There is no hell like living a life in which you are not true to yourself.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
NetDoc said:
I can relate Rebecca...

Sometimes you think you have it all down and then some only to find holes or seeming inconsistencies in your beliefs. Sometimes you just have to doubt your doubts and believe your beliefs. Nothing else works. That's how it is with me!
Deep. Let me ponder on this! :p I know what's in my heart, and that is different from what the people in the churches I have attended tell me.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Sunstone said:
It sounds simplistic, but "be true to yourself" is a very good rule. There is no hell like living a life in which you are not true to yourself.
I totally agree, its unreal the torment I've been going through.
Since posting this I suddenly have a sense of inner peace that I have not had in a long time. I was afraid of people bashing me for doubting my Christianity. Thank you all.​

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Rebecca said:
Rebecca,

Mother Teresa once said something that made a whole lot of sense to me:

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It never was between you and them anyway.

It seriously doesn't matter what any "real" Christians think. I speak from personal experience, believe me. What God thinks is all that matters, and it's hard for me to imagine Him condemning you too awfully harshly for being non-judgmental, tolerant and respectful of beliefs other than your own. Look for truth wherever it may be. If something is true, it doesn't matter who said it.

Kathryn

P.S. I noticed Michel's post. You two truly are soulmates! You're gonna like him!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi, Rebecca!

I have a poem for you. It's by Margaret Rampton Munk, and is called "A Skeptic's Prayer."

Is it true
Thou lovest best
Thy meek, unasking children?

Thou has made us
So diverse, so various,
Yet in the image of a Sire
Who filled the universe
With His creative fire.

What father has supposed
His child would grow to manhood
Only hearing and affirming?
How could a mind that,
Like a Sponge,
Absorbs but never questions,
Doubts,
Or wonders why
Be offspring and apprentice
To a God?

It may be, Lord,
Thou canst never love me.
With the calm relief
a father feels
For his obedient child --
The one who's never any trouble.

But use me
As a bridge
To those more wayward still
Than I.
I cannot give them all the answers;
But they will not ask
The ones who think they can.

Let me speak
To Thy lost sheep
As one who,
Understanding how they went astray,
Still loves the Shepherd.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Thank you Kathryn, I always thought how could I be judged by the Lord, I'm open minded, and not a bad person, but was my open mindedness a bad thing? As I said to michel "my fingers were in many fires" and people were judging me and for the bad too. :( I like and respect michel alot and even more so now lol.
Thank you for the poem it was food for thought.​
Rebecca

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hi, Rebecca! I'm sorry to hear about your struggle, but I think it's a sign that you're growing, spiritually, and are finding yourself ready to question your current path.

Something that many Christian- Wiccan/ Pagans have mentioned to me is that fundamental to them reconciling their two beliefs is that God wants what's best for them. Their position is that crystals and the like were placed here by their god so that we can have ways of healing each other. Also, if you're interested in the feminine aspect of Christianity, if you haven't already done so, you may wish to do some research on Sophia. She's helped me in a lot of my struggles.

If you might be interested, within a few days, within a few days, I'll be finished with a guided medition that will hopefully help people to clarify what path is best for them to be walking at the moment. It will only be a text version, as I'm also trying to finish another GM (one for a dear, dear friend, but one that's decided to be difficult to write), but I'll hopefully be able to finish the audio version after that. If you'd like, I can send you a PM to it, if you think it might help.

joeboonda

Hi, Rebecca, just thot I'd say, I think you must be a christian, since you believe in Jesus. He said he that believes in me has eternal life and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death to life. So that is the most important thing anyone can do, is believe in Jesus. As for anything else in your life that you are unsure of or makes you unsure of your faith, we have things to help guide us. We have the word, (desire the sincere milk of the word that you may grow thereby), the Holy Spirit who is our counselor, we have our conscience, our prayers, our inner voice, our pastors, and family and friends, to help us figure things out. We have brains, too, eh? So I'd say, be happy that you are saved, and do your best to obey God, and follow his will for your life the best you can, and dont worry about what people think, remember what Christ says about you: your sins are forgiven, you won't come back into condemnation, you are his adopted child, he may correct you, but will in no wise cast you out, he holds you in his hands, and nothing can take you out of his hands, his thought toward you are countless, he wants good for you and not bad, and if he is for you, who can be against you? Ok, ok I stop, peace!