• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Revelations

Dayv

uh, what happened to my posts? I thought you were usually PM'd before that happens...? At first I thought maybe I hadn't actually submitted them, but Josef quoted me in reply. Sure I was being a little sarcastic, but I didn't think I said anything too bad, just providing an alternate view...I'm confused:confused:

Pah

Uber all member
Dayv said:
uh, what happened to my posts? I thought you were usually PM'd before that happens...? At first I thought maybe I hadn't actually submitted them, but Josef quoted me in reply. Sure I was being a little sarcastic, but I didn't think I said anything too bad, just providing an alternate view...I'm confused:confused:
I'm sorry that I negelected to PM you. Alternate views are not allowed in these Discuss Individual Religion forums.

The rules state
4.) Each individual religion forum is there for that religion's education and people who abide by that religion to discuss in their religious conversations. We will not tolerate any outside debate about that specific religion in that specific forum. If you wish to have some inner debate about the context in that post within that religion that is fine, BUT NO OUTSIDE DEBATE OR VIEW POINTS ALLOWED. We have other forums for that specific reason.

An alternate view would be fine in Comparative Religion or debated in Christianity in General.

JUNE, 6. 2003. CONCERNING THE BIRTH OF CHRIST.

THE BIRTH OF CHRIST WAS AS NATURAL AS ARE THE BIRTHS OF OUR CHILDREN: YEA, IT WAS THE RESULT OF NATURAL ACTION. FOR THE FATHER GOD CAME UNTO THE EARTH AND UNCOVERED THE NAKEDNESS OF MARY. THE FATHER GOD KNEW THE FLESH OF MARY: YEA, CHRIST WAS BEGOTTEN OF HIS FATHER IN THE SAME MANNER AS WERE WE OF OUR FATHERS.

YET, MARY REMAINED A VIRGIN: FOR SHE DID NOT KNOW THE FLESH OF MANKIND, BUT OF AN EXALTED MAN: JEHOVAH GOD!

DeepShadow said:
I must ask, though, if the Book of Mormon is the word of God, why does God have concubines? Concubines were strictly forbidden in the BoM.
JACOB 2:27 READS:

Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife: and concubines he shall have none.

YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF, IS JEHOVAH GOD A MAN? SURELY NOT. YEA, HE IS A MAN EXALTED AND PERFECTED, BUT NOT A MAN AS ARE YOU AND I.

Ori

Angel slayer
If these are revelations from the divine, shouldn't you be preaching to the world?

DeepShadow

White Crow
josef The Prophet said:
for As We Are Today, God Once Was; And As God Is Today, May We Become. (to Borrow Loosely From The Words Of Joseph Smith).
Okay, hold it. First, it wasn't Joseph Smith you're paraphrasing, but Lorenzo Snow. Second, I thought everything Joseph said outside the Book of Mormon was false?

Do you believe Lorenzo Snow was a prophet? How about Brigham Young? Buddha? Bahallulah? In other words, are there any other prophets we should know about?

YOU ARE CORRECT; I INTENDED TO NOTE THE KING FOLLETT DISCOURSE:

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!

YEA, SPAKE THE TRUTH WAS: JEHOVAH GOD WAS ONCE A MAN LIKE YOU AND ME; THUS SAYETH THE LORD. THE BOOK OF MORMON CONTAINS MANY TRUTHS BUT ALSO MANY A FALSE TEACHING, FOR IT WAS PERVERTED BY JOSEPH IN HIS QUEST FOR FAME AND FORTUNE; AND FOR THIS VERY REASON, I, JOSEF THE PROPHET, HAVE BEEN CALLED TO PREACH UNTO YE THE REVELATIONS I HAVE BEEN GIVEN FROM THE LORD; AND UNTO ME HAS BEEN APPOINTED THE TASK OF RESTORING THE BOOK OF MORMON, AND THE TRUE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.

DeepShadow

White Crow
Okay, I'm not sure if I was one of the targets of that mod post, so let me state for the record that I was sincerely trying to clear up what I saw as confusing. However, it doesn't appear that the confusion gets any clearer, so I may just back away from this thread.

Good luck, Josef, and God Bless!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'm sorry. I didn't make that very clear. :eek:

You were most certainly not 'the target'.

If the Prophet doth dwelleth among us, he or she can use civilized terms instead of seeming to rage.