• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My new religion I founded, Flawlessism

Echogem222

I want to start off by saying that this religion is restricted to 18+ to prevent the indoctrination of minors because Flawlessism requires educated critical thinking, hence, someone who lacks knowledge and critical thinking skills could understand Flawlessism incorrectly and indoctrinate themselves.

But to give you all a brief summary of what Flawlessism is:

Flawlessism is a philosophical religion rooted in the belief that life holds a perfectly good and meaningful purpose, which we refer to as the "Flawless Good." This concept is at the heart of Flawlessism and informs its core principles. Let's break it down:

1. The Flawless Good:

At the center of Flawlessism lies the idea that there exists a flawlessly positive purpose to life. This purpose, known as the Flawless Good, is the foundation upon which our philosophy is built. It's a faith in the inherent goodness of life and its ultimate meaning.

2. The Flawless Evil:

The Flawless Evil in Flawlessism represents the concept of a perfect form of negativity, contrasting the Flawless Good. It signifies the idea that just as good can exist without flaw, so can evil. It's a theoretical construct within the framework of the belief system, aiming to explore the nature of perfection even in negative aspects of existence. But unlike the Flawless Good, the Flawless Evil is not the believed point of life.

3. Rational Inquiry:

Flawlessism encourages rational thinking and critical inquiry. We believe that by seeking wisdom, examining our experiences, and embracing educated critical thinking, we can better understand the nature of the Flawless Good and its implications in our lives.

4. Evolving Understanding:

While the Flawless Good remains constant, our understanding of it evolves over time. As we learn, grow, and engage in discussions, our comprehension of this concept deepens. Flawlessism is not fixed but adaptive, allowing us to refine our understanding based on new insights and perspectives.

5. Embracing the Journey:

Flawlessism recognizes that life's journey is filled with challenges, suffering, and joy. We don't shy away from life's complexities but view them as part of the broader tapestry that contributes to the Flawless Good. Every experience, whether positive or negative, plays a role in our greater understanding.

6. Positive Impact:

By embracing the Flawless Good, Flawlessism encourages believers to strive for actions that contribute positively to their own lives and the lives of others. This perspective inspires a sense of responsibility and empathy, as our actions are aligned with the pursuit of the Flawless good.

In summary, Flawlessism is the belief in the Flawless Good, a perfectly positive purpose that shapes our understanding of life. It encourages rational inquiry, embraces growth, and celebrates the journey of both personal development and contributing to a positive world. By exploring the Flawless Good, we aim to live more purposefully, thoughtfully, and compassionately.

If you'd like to learn more about Flawlessism there's a subreddit on Reddit.com named: r/GoodAndEvilReligion (which is restricted to 18+ for the reasons I explained above). But for those of you who just have in-general questions/comments about Flawlessism, that's what this thread is for.

Last edited:

Echogem222

Recently there's been a major update to Flawlessism's subreddit, in that, it's a lot more well explained, and easier to navigate (It's still restricted to 18+ though)

Echogem222

I’m not sure why you would need a religion to live in the way indicated in your OP.
If you choose not to think about how life could have a perfectly good meaning, then when despair hits you, you have less foundation to deal with that, because you haven't thought about it as much. Flawlessism goes into as much depth as possible, to give believers as much foundation as possible. But it's not just that, it's also through that foundation that wisdom can form in ways you may not realize, in fact, that foundation giving believers hope as I've explained is a type of wisdom.

Tomef

If you choose not to think about how life could have a perfectly good meaning, then when despair hits you, you have less foundation to deal with that, because you haven't thought about it as much. Flawlessism goes into as much depth as possible, to give believers as much foundation as possible. But it's not just that, it's also through that foundation that wisdom can form in ways you may not realize, in fact, that foundation giving believers hope as I've explained is a type of wisdom.
So like a reason for thinking you have a reason?

ChieftheCef

I want to start off by saying that this religion is restricted to 18+ to prevent the indoctrination of minors because Flawlessism requires educated critical thinking, hence, someone who lacks knowledge and critical thinking skills could understand Flawlessism incorrectly and indoctrinate themselves.

Flawlessism is a philosophical religion rooted in the belief that life holds a perfectly good and meaningful purpose, which we refer to as the "Flawless Good." This concept is at the heart of Flawlessism and informs its core principles. Let's break it down:

1. The Flawless Good:

At the center of Flawlessism lies the idea that there exists a flawlessly positive purpose to life. This purpose, known as the Flawless Good, is the foundation upon which our philosophy is built. It's a faith in the inherent goodness of life and its ultimate meaning.

2. The Flawless Evil:

The Flawless Evil in Flawlessism represents the concept of a perfect form of negativity, contrasting the Flawless Good. It signifies the idea that just as good can exist without flaw, so can evil. It's a theoretical construct within the framework of the belief system, aiming to explore the nature of perfection even in negative aspects of existence. But unlike the Flawless Good, the Flawless Evil is not the believed point of life.

3. Rational Inquiry:

Flawlessism encourages rational thinking and critical inquiry. We believe that by seeking wisdom, examining our experiences, and embracing educated critical thinking, we can better understand the nature of the Flawless Good and its implications in our lives.

While the Flawless Good remains constant, our understanding of it evolves over time. As we learn, grow, and engage in discussions, our comprehension of this concept deepens. Flawlessism is not fixed but adaptive, allowing us to refine our understanding based on new insights and perspectives.

Flawlessism recognizes that life's journey is filled with challenges, suffering, and joy. We don't shy away from life's complexities but view them as part of the broader tapestry that contributes to the Flawless Good. Every experience, whether positive or negative, plays a role in our greater understanding.

6. Positive Impact:

By embracing the Flawless Good, Flawlessism encourages believers to strive for actions that contribute positively to their own lives and the lives of others. This perspective inspires a sense of responsibility and empathy, as our actions are aligned with the pursuit of the Flawless good.

In summary, Flawlessism is the belief in the Flawless Good, a perfectly positive purpose that shapes our understanding of life. It encourages rational inquiry, embraces growth, and celebrates the journey of both personal development and contributing to a positive world. By exploring the Flawless Good, we aim to live more purposefully, thoughtfully, and compassionately.

If you'd like to learn more about Flawlessism there's a subreddit on Reddit.com named: r/GoodAndEvilReligion (which is restricted to 18+ for the reasons I explained above). But for those of you who just have in-general questions/comments about Flawlessism, that's what this thread is for.
What is the purpose of your religion?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

1. The Flawless Good:

2. The Flawless Evil:

3. Rational Inquiry:

6. Positive Impact:

It sounds better suited as a personal philosophy rather than a religion.

Echogem222

What is the purpose of your religion?
To have hope in a responsible and well thought out way. Many people just seek hope without much thought, and join dangerous religions where they and sometimes their children end up being harmed. Some stick as non-religious for a long time, but when overwhelming suffering happens, they get desperate, and seek out harmful religions (not all do this, but some do). And despite knowing the risks, many still do this. Why? Because having hope is very important to many. The point of Flawlessism is to give an alternative real possibility to have faith in, but to gain faith in it through using educated critical thinking, to be a positive example to other religions that teach to just have faith first, and then gain understanding.

Now, I'm not saying that all other religions are terrible, but many are, and some which are positive for many, are not positive for everyone. I'm not saying that Flawlessism is the perfect religion in that sense, but it does strive to do better when problems happen, not try to express that it's always the ones who leave that are in the wrong.

But it's true that doesn't explain why I founded Flawlessism in the first place, that's just me explaining what the effects Flawlessism has on me. I founded Flawlessism because I was on my own spiritual journey seeking truth, and Flawlessism was the answer that I found after making many mistakes on my journey and learning from those mistakes.

Last edited:

ChieftheCef

To have hope in a responsible and well thought out way. Many people just seek hope without much thought, and join dangerous religions where they and sometimes their children end up being harmed. Some stick as non-religious for a long time, but when overwhelming suffering happens, they get desperate, and seek out harmful religions (not all do this, but some do). And despite knowing the risks, many still do this. Why? Because having hope is very important to many. The point of Flawlessism is to give an alternative real possibility to have faith in, but to gain faith in it through using educated critical thinking, to be a positive example to other religions that teach to just have faith first, and then gain understanding.

Now, I'm not saying that all other religions are terrible, but many are, and some which are positive for many, are not positive for everyone. I'm not saying that Flawlessism is the perfect religion in that sense, but it does strive to do better when problems happen, not try to express that it's always the ones who leave that are in the wrong.

But it's true that doesn't explain why I founded Flawlessism in the first place, that's just me explaining what the effects Flawlessism has on me. I founded Flawlessism because I was on my own spiritual journey seeking truth, and Flawlessism was the answer that I found after making many mistakes on my journey and learning from those mistakes.
If its worth something and it floats even if it's as a philosophy.

CharmingOwl

I noticed the subreddit is made 18+ to prevent minors from being indoctrinated, but your philosophy seems harmless. I personally would not worry about it. Many people in their teens are experimenting with spiritual or mystical philosophies to break free from ideologies put onto them by the church or other authorities, so in that way a new faith could possibly help free people from pre-established ideas.

ChieftheCef

I noticed the subreddit is made 18+ to prevent minors from being indoctrinated, but your philosophy seems harmless. I personally would not worry about it. Many people in their teens are experimenting with spiritual or mystical philosophies to break free from ideologies put onto them by the church or other authorities, so in that way a new faith could possibly help free people from pre-established ideas.
See that's the thing. Everyone in the world needs to just relax and think about what they're doing. No offense met, flawless prophet :D

Echogem222

I actually explained the reason why Flawlessism is restricted to 18+ in this post: "Book III: Flawlessism (Third Part)" and then in Chapter 20 of that post, but I will copy and paste that part here:

"Chapter 20: The Age Restriction in Flawlessism

1 - In many ways, the essence of Flawlessism is its commitment to free, educated, and enlightened thought. It's a belief system that requires not just faith, but a deep dive into critical thinking, understanding, and introspection. With such a foundation, the age restriction in Flawlessism is not just a stipulation; it's a reflection of its core values.

2 - Emphasizing Educated Critical Thinking:
The intricate nuances and beliefs in Flawlessism demand a high level of educated critical thinking. It requires individuals to question, understand, and adapt the teachings in a manner that aligns with their unique life experiences. The teenage brain, although remarkable in many ways, is still in a developmental phase, especially in areas linked to critical thinking and impulse control. By setting an age restriction, Flawlessism helps ensure that its followers have achieved a maturity that aids in a more comprehensive understanding of its principles.

3 - Guarding Against Unintended Interpretation:
The dynamic nature of Flawlessism can sometimes lead to multiple interpretations. While this is welcomed, the faith still has its foundational principles. Younger minds, still malleable and impressionable, might inadvertently mold the teachings of Flawlessism in ways not originally intended (in a negative sense). This age limit acts as a safeguard against unintentional distortions or misinterpretations.

4 - Counteracting Potential Indoctrination:
Many belief systems, unfortunately, have fallen into the trap of indoctrinating the young, ensuring continuity at the expense of healthy belief. By setting an age restriction, Flawlessism takes a stand against this practice, emphasizing the importance of informed and individual belief over inherited or imposed faith.

5 - Setting a Positive Precedent:
Flawlessism's age restriction isn’t merely a rule – it’s a statement. It subtly challenges other belief systems to introspect on how they induct their followers, advocating for a path that encourages growth, maturity, and educated decision-making. This stance amplifies the importance of informed belief, thereby setting a positive precedent in the realm of faith and spirituality.

6 - In conclusion, the age restriction in Flawlessism is more than just a number. It's a testament to its dedication to nurturing mature, informed, and critically thinking followers. It emphasizes that Flawlessism is not merely a belief to be adopted but an understanding to be achieved."

ChieftheCef

To have hope in a responsible and well thought out way. Many people just seek hope without much thought, and join dangerous religions where they
So what you're basically saying is your religion is correctest? Religion revolves around stories AND rules. Like my personal religion. It revolves around the adventures of space time, the creator of everything extant. Why don't you just let philosophy be philosophy?
and sometimes their children end up being harmed. Some stick as non-religious for a long time, but when overwhelming suffering happens, they get desperate, and seek out harmful religions (not all do this, but some do). And despite knowing the risks, many still do this. Why? Because having hope is very important to many. The point of Flawlessism is to give an alternative real possibility to have faith in, but to gain faith in it through using educated critical thinking,
That's just religion using the science of the day to educate and guide. Why should we be guided by you? This really smells of philosophy and not religion. We should, if we can, make a New Philosophy DIR.
to be a positive example to other religions that teach to just have faith first, and then gain understanding.

Now, I'm not saying that all other religions are terrible, but many are, and some which are positive for many, are not positive for everyone.
You want to change religion? How do you plan to do that? Become a monk?
I'm not saying that Flawlessism is the perfect religion in that sense, but it does strive to do better when problems happen, not try to express that it's always the ones who leave that are in the wrong.
That's not going to work. I would label your religion philosophy.
Why are you making this religion? ALl religion has some relevance to the great incomprehensible. How does your religion talk about the universe? Not stuff in the universe, but the universe, Nature.

Last edited: