• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my Lords and my Creators

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I think that to call someone your God is to acknowledge them as your Lord and your Creator

I believe that my original Lords and Creators are now dead

So the beings who are currently my Lords are not really my Creators

But does this make them any less my Gods?

I say no, as they are still responsible for my continued existence

They maintain the creation that their forerunners are responsible for

What does @Suave think?

Suave

Simulated character
I think that to call someone your God is to acknowledge them as your Lord and your Creator

I believe that my original Lords and Creators are now dead

So the beings who are currently my Lords are not really my Creators

But does this make them any less my Gods?

I say no, as they are still responsible for my continued existence

They maintain the creation that their forerunners are responsible for

What does @Suave think?
I am open to the possibility our simulation is on autopilot, although I would prefer the notion of the sim being controlled by it's programmers who might reanimate their favorite characters into a virtual paradise.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I am open to the possibility our simulation is on autopilot
I think that it probably doesn't need much very input from the Over-Seers in order to function as it does

although I would prefer the notion of the sim being controlled by it's programmers who might reanimate their favorite characters into a virtual paradise.
Yes, that would be cool if you were one of their favourites

Would you like to see their least favourite characters suffer in a virtual hell?

That's the cool thing with Sim Theory - it can make Christianity true!

Personally, I believe Christianity emerge organically but was later adopted by The Over-Seers. But maybe they have adopted other faiths too? What do you think about that?

Suave

Simulated character
I think that it probably doesn't need much very input from the Over-Seers in order to function as it does

Yes, that would be cool if you were one of their favourites

Would you like to see their least favourite characters suffer in a virtual hell?

That's the cool thing with Sim Theory - it can make Christianity true!

Personally, I believe Christianity emerge organically but was later adopted by The Over-Seers. But maybe they have adopted other faiths too? What do you think about that?
I would not wish eternal damnation for anybody, but there are some wicked few whom I would not mind being finitely punished for their dastardly deeds they've gotten away scot-free with doing in this world. :D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I would not wish eternal damnation for anybody, but there are some wicked few whom I would not mind being finitely punished for their dastardly deeds they've gotten away scot-free with doing in this world. :D
Perhaps this actually happens to those who evade justice whilst they are alive?

Perhaps there is a virtual prison dimension?

You could have crazy sentences, like for killing a person you could receive 2,000 years in the virtual prison?

Perhaps Hell is a place of incarceration rather than a place of torment?

Suave

Simulated character
Perhaps this actually happens to those who evade justice whilst they are alive?

Perhaps there is a virtual prison dimension?

You could have crazy sentences, like for killing a person you could receive 2,000 years in the virtual prison?

Perhaps Hell is a place of incarceration rather than a place of torment?

Maybe Hell could be repetitiously watching Richard Ashcroft taking an unimpeded stroll on Hoxton Street to the melody of Bitter Sweet Symphony. ...:D

tumblr_mr4j9v9fNw1s6q1oko1_500.gifv

Welcome to Hell!