• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My husband is divorcing me

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Matthew 10:22 actually may apply because I live for the name of Jesus and most people do not like me (which, sometimes can be a blessing, isn't it), even my husband does not like me which is what this thread is about.

Maybe Matthew 10:22 isn't about what they say. Huh?

Do not most people live for their own name? I think some people believe Matthew 10:22 is about not being liked for preaching the Good News. But, that doesn't make sense. Does it?

How doesn't it? Preaching is just a part of a man or a woman for Jesus. Your goal is to get them to hate the WHOLE person, but not by bad deeds. It is by being on the way, the truth and the life that gets a person hated per Matthew 10:22.
I can't speak to 'most' but you have quite a few friends here who are doing their best to support you and cheer you on as best we can.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
And, I'm the bad guy?

My ex cheated on me, she stole our bank account, she maxed out both hers and my credit cards before she left, told everyone we knew I was dead beat and not working when I was working and going to school....and I too was the bad guy....those that care find out the truth...those that don't care...aren't worth worrying about

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can't speak to 'most' but you have quite a few friends here who are doing their best to support you and cheer you on as best we can.
Yes. I love my friends here and I keep coming back for the benefits you all have contributed.
Thank you! I think you all are wonderful. And helpful. But, I was talking about all those others who think it best to ignore me. Not just about this. About everything.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
2017-12-27 15.33.04.jpg

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He actually did tell me why he wants to be Mr. X man. He said it is because he wants someone to laugh with. LOL I say, "Jesus Christ, treat me kindly and we could do that!".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Today, my husband, I mean my X, said that he didn't say we were getting a divorce. He said that he said, what do I think about getting a divorce. That is pure bull. He is putting it on me now.

Have you ever heard of a gaslighter?

8 Signs That Someone Is in a Relationship With a Gaslighter
Ugh. We used to use different terms for someone like that but I think "gaslighter" is descriptive. When all the crap is flushed down the toilet, I hope you heal quickly.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
@savagewind I hope that you have got through Christmas and New Year alright............. it wasn't a good time to fling all this at you.

But now that it is 2018 maybe you can start out with various resolutions?

I'm going on a diet as from tomorrow 2nd, and must bike through the woods for one hour each day.... to fitness.

I hope that you can find peace of mind this year.
Happy New Year.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My resolution is to stay calm and not to expect miracles where my husband is concerned.

I am resolved to do less drinking, fewer junk foods, less stuff and better organized, more detached around some people, and more kind to others. I might join the YMCA because it is too cold and icy to hike safely and comfortably here.

Good luck @oldbadger on your resolutions!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My resolution is to stay calm and not to expect miracles where my husband is concerned.

I am resolved to do less drinking, fewer junk foods, less stuff and better organized, more detached around some people, and more kind to others. I might join the YMCA because it is too cold and icy to hike safely and comfortably here.

Good luck @oldbadger on your resolutions!
Good luck to you on those resolutions.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My husband seems to have changed his mind and has switched many things to his version of how it has gone so far. I'll tell you the truth. I am not surprised. A little disappointed though. We are still separated and I am still old and fat. LOL. My daughter says, "you are not fat", but she is bigger than me so that is why to her I am not. She told me that when she was ten she thought he and I should have divorced then. It has been one bumpy ride, for sure. But, parts of it are funny, so that is good.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My husband seems to have changed his mind and has switched many things to his version of how it has gone so far. I'll tell you the truth. I am not surprised. A little disappointed though. We are still separated and I am still old and fat. LOL. My daughter says, "you are not fat", but she is bigger than me so that is why to her I am not. She told me that when she was ten she thought he and I should have divorced then. It has been one bumpy ride, for sure. But, parts of it are funny, so that is good.
Take it from someone who's 72: old is when you need a walker or have problems remembering your name.

One of the wisest women I know used to say something like: "who is that old women I see in the mirror. It's not who am I inside". Even though objectively I can't do what I did when I was 45, when I think of myself, I feel 45, well actually 50, but you get the point. And I knew a woman with an incredible joy in living who joked about "pee pee pants" that she wore but had a rich, satisfying life into her mid-80's.

And my father-in-law did wood-working and made money in the stock market until he was 91 (I can't make money in the market).

So, honestly, how can you say you're old when someone who is 72 references a women who lived life fully into her 80's and had a father-in-law who was doing very well until age 91?

As to 'fat', from my 2nd hand experience with many women who thought of themselves as fat when objectively they were not, that the odds are you are not really fat. That is unless your body fat percentage is over 32%. Body Fat Measurement Comparing Percentage with Body Mass If it is really 32% or higher, then I'll go along with your use of the word 'fat'. Other than that, nope, I don't buy it for a second.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do it without court.
Take all that your conscience allows.
Thank you. That is where i was at. But, he has 'moved the post'* which is really annoying!

*I learned about moving posts on the forum.

I am glad I posted this ridiculous thread because now I have proof in black and white or even colors that it really happened.

Actually, God must have invented gas lighting because it is weird and wonderful! Isn't it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As far as "being fat" goes, it is never too late to start to diet and exercise. You don't have to go at it like they do on "reality shows". In fact that approach will usually lead to failure for average people. Merely start to eat more sensibly, cook from scratch, you will save money and if you do it right it tastes better and is healthier for you. Start exercising at a low level. You can build up to the crazy workouts. Or you may never get to a crazy work out. Just waking a couple of miles at a good pace may be all the exercise that you need. It will also get you outside. You can meet new people, look at the countryside. Breathe the fresh air. I had an employee that was "fat". After she retired she got serious and started to walk every day, rain or shine, and since she had moved back to England the rain was guaranteed. When she visited me a few years after she retired she was amazingly thinner and happier.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As far as "being fat" goes, it is never too late to start to diet and exercise. You don't have to go at it like they do on "reality shows". In fact that approach will usually lead to failure for average people. Merely start to eat more sensibly, cook from scratch, you will save money and if you do it right it tastes better and is healthier for you. Start exercising at a low level. You can build up to the crazy workouts. Or you may never get to a crazy work out. Just waking a couple of miles at a good pace may be all the exercise that you need. It will also get you outside. You can meet new people, look at the countryside. Breathe the fresh air. I had an employee that was "fat". After she retired she got serious and started to walk every day, rain or shine, and since she had moved back to England the rain was guaranteed. When she visited me a few years after she retired she was amazingly thinner and happier.
Thank you! I am getting thinner. I walk, but more likely it is called hiking. BUT, There is snow and ice and zero degrees temps. I did look up the BMI. I need to lose ten pounds and twenty would be better. Then, I might have a shape again. I had four babies all more than nine pounds each. It's the husband's fault!* I understand that slow weight loss is much better than quick weight loss. Since the last child was born at almost twelve pounds twenty years ago, I have been working on it. I have already lost twenty pounds.

*But, he would not ever admit it even under threat of torture and death.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thank you! I am getting thinner. I walk, but more likely it is called hiking. BUT, There is snow and ice and zero degrees temps. I did look up the BMI. I need to lose ten pounds and twenty would be better. Then, I might have a shape again. I had four babies all more than nine pounds each. It's the husband's fault!* I understand that slow weight loss is much better than quick weight loss. Since the last child was born at almost twelve pounds twenty years ago, I have been working on it. I have already lost twenty pounds.

*But, he would not ever admit it even under threat of torture and death.
Congratulations on the progress.