• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My holy lizard Messiah!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As a child, I purchased a basilisk lizard that I named heyzeus, the primary pronunciation of Jesus in latin America, with the combination of hey and the God Zeus.

Jesus walked on water. The tribe of Dan has the most scariest animals assigned to it, the scorpion, spider, wolf, dragon, lizard, and primarily the serpent, but also the lion like Jesus, so people suggest a Jesus Christ will come from Dan.

That was my inspiration.

Well, I just found out basilisk is the name of mythical serpent, the king of serpents, that can kill with just a glance.

C9psZ8J-asset-kids-mezzanine1-16x9-mbuTj7v.jpeg

Here is the basilisk walking on water like Jesus:
thumb_720_450_Basilisk_Lizard1_2.jpg
1449.jpg
Basilisk-Lizard-header.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My basilisk ate locusts like John the Baptist, the best friend of Jesus, who was homeless, unemployed, living in the wilderness on locusts and wild honey.

He would go nuts in hus cage , eating a handful of locusts or crickets very quickly. I wonder if John the Baptist got that excited when he saw locusts. :)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If it makes you feel any better there are many myths/folktales about snake deities in my lineage