• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims; is Lord Krishna a prophet of God?

Slaedi7324

Greetings to all of you, especially to the Muslims as I have a question for you:

When I was looking at Wikipedia about Krishna, I see that Ahmadis and followers of Baha'i Faith believe in Krishna to be prophet of God, followers of Baha'i Faith only believe that because their prophet told them that he was, but the Ahmadis claim to have proof of Muhammad teaching that Krishna was prophet of God. They come with this Hadith:

"There was a prophet of God in India who was dark in colour and his name was Kahan."

According to the official Ahmadi website: "Now anyone acquainted with the history of Indian religions would immediately connect this description to Lord Krishna, who is invariably described in the Hindu literature as being dark of complexion. Also, the title Kanhaya is added to his name Krishna. Kanhaya contains the same consonants K,N,H as does the name Kahan -- in no way an insignificant similarity. But whether any non-Arab prophet was mentioned by name or not is only an academic discussion. There is no denying the fact that the Holy Quran makes it incumbent on every Muslim not only to believe in all the prophets, but it also clearly informs us that in every region of the world and in every age, God did raise messengers and prophets."

Therefore, the Hadith speaks about Krishna as a prophet. But is the Hadith authentic and from where is the source? It has taken me many months to find out, the source of the Hadith is from a book called "Taarikh-i-Hamdaan Dailami" Baab-ul-Kaaf. See Pocket book p: 854 by Malik Abdur Rehman Khadim 6th edition Published in 1952.

But is it authentic? It seems to be weak.

Either way, thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Islam teaches that all nations were sent a Prophet, a warner. If Krishna that Hindus believe in called his people to monotheism and other teachings similar to those of Islam then he may have been a Prophet. But it is highly unlikely.

Ahmadis themselves are considered non-Muslim by the majority of Scholars. So their texts, unless sourced from Sunni literature, are considered non-Islamic too.

It is like the example of Zakir Naik, who claims that Buddha was a Prophet, yet due to the time that he was sent to, Naik says he remained silent on the issue of monotheism, which is wrong by Islamic teachings. No Prophet did Allah send to any nation that they never called to worship him. All Prophets called their people to monotheism and to worship Allah alone.

Slaedi7324

Thank you for your response and I agree, Krishna was most likely not prophet of God. And as I always suspected, the Hadith is fabricated.

Though, I must disagree on that Buddha (peace be upon him) is not a prophet, because I think that he was. The Quran teaches every nation had a prophet, not to submit to God, but to avoid from being wronged, meaning deviate from idolatry, Buddha always taught that no one should ever worship him or make any sculptures of him. Buddha taught that one day a person will come and he will revive his teachings, that person was Jesus, I believe, or Muhammad. Buddha wasn't silent about God, but his language (Sanskrit) expressed God in a different way. Buddha's teaching has also been corrupted during these 500 years of oral tradition after his death. Islam teaches much of the same as Buddhism, which is why many Buddhists accepted Islam during those times.

Last edited:

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
Namaste!
Buddha's teaching has also been corrupted during these 500 years of oral tradition after his death.
Although founded by the Buddha, Buddhism, underwent profound changes after his death, resulting in the formation of many sects and sub-sects, some of which made a radical departure from the original teachings of the Buddha to the point of standing in their own light as independent religions.

Were he alive, the Buddha would be surprised to hear about many traditions that rely upon his name to promote their teachings but show marked disregard for his original teachings, doctrinal matters and stand points. What binds them to Buddhism and keeps them in its fold is their adherence to the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path.

Buddha wasn't silent about God, but his language (Sanskrit) expressed God in a different way.
The language of Buddhist scriptures is Pali not Sanskrit.

Buddha's views on God

It is said that the Buddha either maintained silence or discouraged questions when he was asked to confirm the existence of a Supreme Being.
Once in a while, he expressed his opinions about creation and the role of God. When Ananthapindika, a wealthy young man met the Buddha at the bamboo groove at Rajagriha, the Buddha made a few statements about the existence of God and the real cause behind the creation of beings in this world. These views are summarized as below:

1. If God is indeed the creator of all living things, then all things here should submit to His power unquestioningly. Like the vessels produced by a potter, they should remain without any individuality of their own. If that is so, how can there be an opportunity for any one to practice virtue?

2. If this world is indeed created by God, then there should be no sorrow or calamity or evil in this world, for all deeds, both pure and impure, must come from Him.

3. If it is not so, then there must be some other cause besides God which is behind Him, in which case He would not be self-existent.

4. It is not convincing that the Absolute has created us, because that which is absolute cannot be a cause. All things here arise from different causes. Then can we can say that the Absolute is the cause of all things alike? If the Absolute is pervading them, then certainly It is not their creator.

5. If we consider the Self as the maker, why did it not make things pleasant? Why and how should it create so much sorrow and suffering for itself?

6. It is neither God nor the self nor some causeless chance which creates us. It is our deeds which produce both good and bad results according to the law of causation.

7. We should therefore "abandon the heresy of worshipping God and of praying to him. We should stops all speculation and vain talk about such matters and practice good so that good may result from our good deeds".​

The Buddha ascribed no role to God in creation, in human suffering or in the liberation of beings. For the Buddha the world was a godless world in which both good and evil were produced by the actions of individual beings. While many beings had no choice, human beings and those above them had a unique opportunity to exercise their discerning intellect (buddhi) and chose right living to escape from the law of karma and the cycle of births and deaths.

Therefore, to awaken their minds to the idea of righteous living and virtuous actions, he taught the world the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path, ascribing no role to God in either of them and putting the entire burden of resolving individual suffering upon the individuals themselves.

Thank you

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Thank you for your response and I agree, Krishna was most likely not prophet of God. And as I always suspected, the Hadith is fabricated.

Though, I must disagree on that Buddha (peace be upon him) is not a prophet, because I think that he was. The Quran teaches every nation had a prophet, not to submit to God, but to avoid from being wronged, meaning deviate from idolatry, Buddha always taught that no one should ever worship him or make any sculptures of him. Buddha taught that one day a person will come and he will revive his teachings, that person was Jesus, I believe, or Muhammad. Buddha wasn't silent about God, but his language (Sanskrit) expressed God in a different way. Buddha's teaching has also been corrupted during these 500 years of oral tradition after his death. Islam teaches much of the same as Buddhism, which is why many Buddhists accepted Islam during those times.
The Buddha articulated numerous, sophisticated defenses doubting the existence of an Absolute. If he were to have met traditional Muslims, he would have debated traditional Islam to its very core---pretty much rationally criticizing the destructive nature of being so attached to the idea of a One True God. How the idea, that Buddhism and Islam share epistemic and ontological similarities, came to being...escapes me entirely. In fact, such a notion is pretty much antithesis to Buddhism (especially the traditional Theravada school of thought). And most Buddhists didn't accept Islam "during those times" because "Islam teaches much of the same as Buddhism". Such a notion fails to align with Central Asian and South Asian historicity concerning Islamo-Dharmic interactions, which is, altogether, quite a discouraging tale.

Last edited:

Manss

The definition of prophet is this : the one who has been sent from God to people. who has the particular attributes and signs, among perfect morality and ability to do miracle. For example, when an earthquake occurs in an area a prophet can order to ground to stop shaking and to be quiet and unruffled. Depended on a prophet's dignity and task, he can revive a passed away person that even hes been graved and his body is changed into some bones. A messenger like Issiah (Jesus) can travel to heaven ( as he did so). A messenger like Muses changed a wood into a real horrible dragon (something like dinosaur), God talked him directly and he split Black sea into two part for a passage in an emergency situation.
Prophets were connected to God,s supernatural power and permissions.
These were some signs that they brought from God to introduce themselves that they are right and real prophets.
Also they were the best people in high morality and admirable behaviors. The were the most righteous, pious and honest humans that God had chosen them. They never did the smallest sin and wrongs in all their lifetime ( the sins and wrongs that we usual human do). The smallest selfishness and cruelty wasn't in them and they never leave the smallest order of God because of neglect and fault...
They just did what their Lord had ordered to them.
Of course prophecy was ended by the last messenger of God Mohammad but I explain a little about the signs of a prophet.
Also the Hadith (quote) that you hinted to is not true. It is a
bogus sentence and is not from prophet Mohammad.

Slaedi7324

Greetings, Acintya_Ash & Poeticus.

I believe that you have both misinterpret what I truly meant to say and I might have not expressed myself eloquently, in my first reply.

Let me give you an insight what I believe about Buddha and why he is the prophet of God:

Buddha is mentioned in the Quran, under the title Dhul-Kifl, Kifl is an Arabic form of "Kapil," which is a shorter form of Kapilavastu, which is where Buddha significantly appeared. God mentions Buddha twice in the Quran as Dhul-Kifl. God praises Buddha as a prophet. The first time Buddha is mentioned in the Quran, he is described as a man of constancy and patience, which is true. He also called him for a righteous man. The second time that he is mentioned, he is praised yet again as the Company of the Good. These describe Buddha, the name is even a title for Buddha. It is sensical to assume that this man was Buddha.

Now, that is what Quran has shared with us about Buddha, now we need to make our own research about the history of Buddha.

Some Buddhist scriptures are written in Pali, but Buddha was born in Nepal and spoke the language that is Sanskrit. This has been unanimously agreed upon by various scholars.

I will now mention some facts that we know about the history of Buddha:

He taught peace and Jihad (i.e striving, good deeds), he met with many of the divine through his asceticism. One of these were Mara (which is Satan), other times he met with God or the Angels. He learned to control his desires and he performed several miracles, such as taming a wild elephant.

What proves Buddha to be a prophet is that several of his teachings are very similar to Quran, Buddha taught about a messiah that will return to restore the true messages of his that has been corrupted, this fulfillment has occurred through Jesus Christ to Mohammad's Quran. He knew that all the prophets' messages will be destroyed and predicted Muhammad to return and restore them through what Jesus originally taught.

We are taught that God has sent prophets to every nation and region:

"And for every nation is a messenger. So when their messenger comes, it will be judged between them in justice, and they will not be wronged." [Q, 10:47]

This verse is reflecting upon what I meant to say. The Quran teaches every nation had a prophet, not to submit to God, but to avoid from being wronged, meaning deviate from idolatry, Buddha always taught that no one should ever worship him or make any sculptures of him, he several times taught that he were no different from any other man.

Because of this, he is still qualified to be called the prophet of God, even if he didn't preach about God. When I say that he were a prophet, I do not mean a messenger or prophet in the sense that he preached what God told him, but I do believe that he was considered to be a curious man that wished to understand why there were misery in this world and had questions to God and he achieved wisdom like no other person, since God had ordained him with divine knowledge and a compassionate universal message, that is very compatible with Islam and why he is a sage and in some sense a prophet as a prophet means to be divine or divinely inspired or having the ability to meet the divine.

Therefore, his silence on submission to God do not change that he still were a prophet, which the first reply of the other user disagreed upon.

I did not say that he preached about submitting yourself to God, what I said is that he weren't silent on God in his everyday times when he had debates, although he were mostly silent in his teachings. But what he spoke about God does not contradict my opinions, I said that he did believe in God and that he received the answers of the questions he asked.

Buddha never taught about this God, but he did believe in the same God. That is what I said.

But, he admitted some kind of truths on that his teachings were not infallible, he admitted that his teachings has the capacity to change and be nullified and abrogated according to times, on what he will adapt to, which is somewhat him saying that his teachings will be changed to fit to those of Jesus and Muhammad's teachings in the future, in my interpretation.

His purpose was only a messenger from God to make the people not to be wronged, which was his job and he did it well, he wasn't supposed to be anything more. He submitted to God by meditating. He was a Muslim in every way, he taught peace, promoted knowledge and submission to yourself. He spread knowledge and awareness in his own way.

The God that Buddha believed in can be found in the Gospel of Buddha by Paul Carus:

From the story "The Two Brahmans;"

The Holy One said: 'The Brahmans cling to the five things leading to worldliness and yield to the temptations of the senses; they are entangled in the five hindrances, lust, malice, sloth, pride, and doubt. How can they be united to that which is most unlike their nature? Therefore the threefold wisdom of the Brahmans is a waterless desert, a pathless jungle, and a hopeless desolation.' When the Buddha had thus spoken, one of the Brahmans said: 'We are told, Gotama, that the Sakyamuni knows the path to a union with Brahma.' And the Blessed One said: 'What do you think, O Brahmans, of a man born and brought up in Manasakata? Would he be in doubt about the most direct way from this spot to Manasakata?' 'Certainly not, Gotama.' 'Thus,' replied the Buddha, 'the Tathagata knows the straight path that leads to a union with Brahma. He knows it as one who has entered the world of Brahma and has been born in it. There can be no doubt in the Tathagata.' The two young Brahmans said: 'If thou knowest the way show it to us.' And the Buddha said: 'The Tathagata sees the universe face to face and understands its nature. He proclaims the truth both in its letter and in its spirit, and his doctrine is glorious in its origin, glorious in its progress, glorious in its consummation. The Tathagata reveals the higher life in its purity and perfection. He can show you the way to that which is contrary to the five great hindrances. The Tathagata lets his mind pervade the four quarters of the world with thoughts of love. And thus the whole wide world, above, below, around, and everywhere will continue to be filled with love, far-reaching, grown great, and beyond measure. just as a mighty trumpeter makes himself heard--and that without difficulty--in all the four quarters of the earth; even so is the coming of the Tathagata: there is not one living creature that the Tathagata passes by or leaves aside, but regards them all with mind set free, and deep-felt love.'

Tathagata: What I perceive to be the highest realm in meditation and asceticism, he is referring to the Barzakh.

Brahma: The creative force of Brahman. In other words; the divinity of God.

Brahman: The transcendent absolute being that pervades and supports all reality. Another definition of Brahman is that which is absolute, fills all space, is complete in itself, to which there is no second, and which is continuously present in everything, from the Creator down to the lowest of matter. It, being everywhere, is also in each and every individual.

The word "Brahman" is not a deity in itself, just like "God" does not mean the Christian deity. It's a term to refer to a definition of such a deity that is all-knowing, all-powerful, etcetera. Whose ability is everything. God of Islam fits to the definition of "Brahman."

That, above, is what I meant by "... but his language (Sanskrit) expressed God in a different way."

In this story, we see that Buddha do believe in a supreme God. If Buddha claimed there is no such thing as God, why is he discussing God with Brahmans? By Buddha claiming to know the path to Brahma he was also claiming to know the path to Brahman. In other words, he knew the correct path to God and he preached that path.

Buddha's views on God as you lists are either prior to his Buddhahood or interpolated during the 500 years oral transmission. We are not to expect an unaltered story here. Problem of evil, which was a philosophy Buddha had prior to his enlightenment and prophethood, were only that, philosophies prior to his enlightenment, he had questions and they were answered by God during his enlightenment. They shouldn't be used here.

Thank you for reading my opinions.

Last edited:

Slaedi7324

... and there you have it, @von bek ... Buddha believed in the One True God©.

I know, I know: I'm just as flabbergasted as you are. ;)
Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about now. Why did you link to a user? I can see that you're being sarcastic, but for what point? I never stated to be in agreement with the wholly teachings of Buddha, most of them has indeed been corrupted.

Muslims believe Jesus is Messiah, the Christians would believe in more and that they quote from their corrupt scriptures do not change the truths.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about now. Why did you link to a user? I can see that you're being sarcastic, but for what point? I never stated to be in agreement with the wholly teachings of Buddha, most of them has indeed been corrupted.

Muslims believe Jesus is Messiah, the Christians would believe in more and that they quote from their corrupt scriptures do not change the truths.
The only reason I linked @von bek was because he is our resident traditional Buddhist, and a traditional Buddhist view/perspective would have surely been appropriate in this matter. Then, I deleted the post because in hindsight it would have wasted comrade Von Bek's time. I'm only linking him once more because you quoted my post (I guess my deletion wasn't quick enough :p). And the only "corruption" I see being articulated, at least here in this thread that is, is the notion that the Buddha believed in the One True God. And such a notion, fortunately, is not true. The Buddha would have severely criticized Islamic ontology, like how he held the notion of an Absolute as being superflous.

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
What proves Buddha to be a prophet is that several of his teachings are very similar to Quran
In such case, Lord Krishna's teachings are more in tune with Quran than Buddha's as they're theistic too.
Buddha taught about a messiah that will return to restore the true messages of his that has been corrupted
Did Buddha really teach this? Or is this your speculation?

In this story, we see that Buddha do believe in a supreme God. If Buddha claimed there is no such thing as God, why is he discussing God with Brahmans? By Buddha claiming to know the path to Brahma he was also claiming to know the path to Brahman. In other words, he knew the correct path to God and he preached that path.

Just because he was discussing about God that doesn't make him a believer. The philosophy Buddha requires no God, its mechanical and aims not at Heaven but at Perfection (Mastery) of Self.

However the most contrasting fact is Lord Buddha preached karma and Reincarnation which no Prophet of Abrahamic religion preached as they all believed in One Life and Resurrection after death.

Thank you

Slaedi7324

The only reason I linked @von bek was because he is our resident traditional Buddhist, and a traditional Buddhist view/perspective would have surely been appropriate in this matter. Then, I deleted the post because in hindsight it would have wasted comrade Von Bek's time. I'm only linking him once more because you quoted my post (I guess my deletion wasn't quick enough :p). And the only "corruption" I see being articulated, at least here in this thread that is, is the notion that the Buddha believed in the One True God. And such a notion, fortunately, is not true. The Buddha would have severely criticized Islamic ontology, like how he held the notion of an Absolute as being superflous.
I have dismissed such a claim. The reason why you have the conjectured opinion that he would criticize Islamic ontology or monotheism in general, which of course is bogus as proven in several of the scriptures, is due to what I will assume an inexperience with what Islamic teachings are about, which I have already asserted to be very close to the Buddha's teachings. I think what you consider for "traditional Islam" is "Sunni Islam" or "mainstream Islam," which is your problem. Islam is a religion of asceticism, rituals, meditation and spirituality, it's a way of life, a verb, sometimes a philosophy, not a religion in a strict sense, despite some sects have tried to make it look like one. I think your view of it is that it is an organized religion, similar to Judaism and Christianity.

I see that you have a vague understanding of Buddha because he truly did believe in One True God. He never criticized it.

On the Eastern bank of the river Katak, twenty miles from Jagan Nath, there is a rock by the name of Pardohli upon which is written:

"Much longing after the things (of this life) is a disobedience, I again declare; not less so is the laborious ambition of dominion by a prince who would be a propitiator of heaven. Confess and believe in God (Is'ana) who is the worthy object of obedience. For equal to this (belief), I declare unto you, ye shall not find such a means of propitiating heaven. Oh strive ye to obtain this inestimable treasure."

Is'ana, mentioned in this inscription is the name of Shiv Devta - God. See The Sanskrit/English Dictionary by Shivram Apte.

On the seventh Stupa, the same writer quotes:

"Thus spake Devanampiya Piyadasi: "Wherefore from this very hour, I have caused religious discourses to be preached, I have appointed religious observances that mankind, having listened thereto, shall be brought to follow in the right path, and give glory to God* (Is'ana)."

The usage of the word "God" in singular is highly significant.

From these references it becomes obvious that the early sources portray Buddha as a dedicated believer in one God.

Therefore, Buddha, peace be upon him, was a prophet of God.

Slaedi7324

In such case, Lord Krishna's teachings are more in tune with Quran than Buddha's as they're theistic too.
How? No disrespect at all, but that it is theistic is not enough, there must have been more to it. Also, Krishna is unlikely to have been a prophet because he was a strong sinner and a very flawed human being. Why Krishna is not a prophet. Krishna had several qualities which proves beyond doubt that Krishna can't be Prophet because he does not show any prophet's qualities. Here are several undeniable truths about Krishna.

1. Krishna was stealing butter.
2. Krishna broke Dharma to win his battle.
3. Krishna was a womanizer.
4. Krishna told lies.

Krishna after more than 1600 gopies (women). Krishna, if at all he existed (though chances of his existence are very weak), was the main cause of Kurukshetra that witnessed unprecedented bloodshed. That’s the reason, scriptures of Jainism consign him to Raurav, the seventh and the lowest hell. When a religion believes so much in sanguinary myths and violent ways through its deities, how can it claim to be non-violent and peace-loving or even claim Lord Krishna to be a prophet of God? Brutally speaking, Krishna institutionalized violence. Therefore, he could not have been a prophet of God. No offense, but that is what I know about him. There are also no mentions in the Quran to support his existence and the Hadith cited in my original post is bogus. Quran and teachings of Krishna are not the same, not even the slightest.

Also, Buddha already went to India, why did we need Krishna?
Did Buddha really teach this? Or is this your speculation?
Yes, Buddha really taught this. He predicted the Maitreya Buddha, which I believe to be Muhammad.
Just because he was discussing about God that doesn't make him a believer. The philosophy Buddha requires no God, its mechanical and aims not at Heaven but at Perfection (Mastery) of Self.
I have also posted other early sources that proves that he believed in God. I also already said that Buddha, personally believed in God, but he didn't preach it because they would have disowned him.
However the most contrasting fact is Lord Buddha preached karma and Reincarnation which no Prophet of Abrahamic religion preached as they all believed in One Life and Resurrection after death.
Buddha did not preach Reincarnation, he preached Rebirth. Those are two different things and Rebirth is compatible to Islam, as we humans, after death we go to Barzakh (in Sanskrit, it is called for Saṃsāra) and live a new life over and over again until Day of Judgment. Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, already taught this. And Buddha also taught Dharma that means:
  • The state of Nature as it is (yathā bhūta).
  • The Laws of Nature considered both collectively and individually.
  • The teaching of the Buddha as an exposition of the Natural Law applied to the problem of human suffering.
  • A phenomenon and/or its properties.
All these are compatible to Islam. Buddha did not teach Karma because a main problem in Buddhist philosophy is how karma and rebirth are possible, when there is no self to be reborn, and how the traces or "seeds" of karma are stored throughout time in consciousness. Therefore, Karma is false and not what my prophet Buddha, peace be upon him, taught.

That is all.

von bek

Oh, wow. I would love to help out here, my good friend. The problem is the poster you are addressing is so far off track my words might as well be said to a brick wall...

For those who are interested in understanding what the Buddha taught, here is a good site to get started: Access to Insight

In order to understand the Buddha, you have to understand the Buddha's teachings as they have been recorded and passed down by the sangha.

Slaedi7324

Oh, wow. I would love to help out here, my good friend. The problem is the poster you are addressing is so far off track my words might as well be said to a brick wall...
Sorry, but I have only addressed facts about Buddha from the earliest sources and other informations there exist about him where he clearly states that he believe in a supreme god and was a monotheist.

Proof that Buddha believed in God and was a prophet of God: Buddhism
In order to understand the Buddha, you have to understand the Buddha's teachings as they have been recorded and passed down by the sangha.
Indeed, which supports the idea of a monotheist prophet of God.

Slaedi7324

That response is nothing more but an unsubstantial, conjectured to the clear facts of what I have asserted about Buddha.

I might say that talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Goodbye.

To anyone that want to know anything about the actual Buddhism's teachings and Prophet Gautama, read the article: Buddhism.

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
Krishna can't be Prophet because he does not show any prophet's qualities. Here are several undeniable truths about Krishna.

Yes dear, Krishna can't be Prophet. He's God :p
And the criterion for Prophet you mentioned does not apply for God.

One cannot comprehend the Divine Pastimes of God with conditioned intellect, you have to learn from self realized gurus immersed in Love for Krishna, because they alone are fit to convey it flawlessly.

1. Krishna was stealing butter.
3. Krishna was a womanizer.

Srila Prabhupada explains:

Everything the Lord did in Vrindavana was for the pleasure of His associates there. The pastimes performed by Lord Krishna in the material world are prototypes of His activities in the spiritual world which are simply full of never-ending spiritual bliss. These are meant to attract the conditioned living entities to the spiritual world where they can also get a chance to associate with Krishna and eternally enjoy with Him.

Stealing in this material world is abominable. But in the spiritual world, that stealing by Krishna is worshippable. The name, fame, pastimes, entourage, paraphernalia, etc., of Krishna is non-different from Him. Just as Lord Krishna is worshipable, in the same way His activities are also worshippable. InBhagavad-gita Lord Krishna says, “janma karma ca me divyam.” The activities of the Lord are not mundane but are purely transcendental in nature, performed by the Lord for His and His devotees’ pleasure.

Krishna being the Supreme Lord is supremely independent. He is beyond all rules and regulations. There are no laws binding Him. That is why He is the Supreme Lord. He is free to do whatever He likes. His actions are beyond judgment and justification. Those envious of the Supreme Lord Krishna can never understand the mysticism behind His transcendental activities.

I will answer the remaining issues raised on Lord Krishna in the subsequent posts.

Last edited:

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
2. Krishna broke Dharma to win his battle.

To establish Dharma the war took place, and Establishing Dharma also was one of the reasons of Krishna avatar. Allah knows the best, you can't judge actions of God like you judge that of an ordinary human. God can do exceptional things.
Lord Krishna clearly states in the Mahabharata that committing a sin for the purpose of Dharma is not a sin at all.

4. Krishna told lies.

Yes, he has spoken untruth on several occasions. He has also asked a certain individual to speak untruth. He mainly did this for others good and not for his own profit. I used the word untruth instead of lie because lying is instantly associated with being a bad thing to do. Lord Krishna did not lie for a bad purpose. I am not saying that lying is a good thing to do but when done for Lord Krishna's purposes I think differently.

Krishna institutionalized violence.
Lord Krishna tried every possible way to avoid the War. When all gates of Peace were shut, the war became inevitable.
His main aim was to establish Dharma and Righteousness.
Also Had he stopped the war, then the world would not have got rid of the adharma which was prevalent.

Krishna after more than 1600 gopies (women). Krishna, if at all he existed (though chances of his existence are very weak)
He who thinks Krishna was an ordinary man, Krishna will always remain a mystery to him. If ordinary Prophets can do miracles, God can do even greater things.

Quran and teachings of Krishna are not the same, not even the slightest.

:D Krishna taught a variety of things, so i think you've concluded by incomplete evaluation. He missed no philosophy. He taught Bhakti Yoga in 12th chapter of Bhagavad Gita and the Path of Sumbmission to God in 18th Chapter. Krishna taught Islam+++.
Also, Buddha already went to India, why did we need Krishna?

Krishna predates Buddha by at least 2000 years ;)

Yes, Buddha really taught this. He predicted the Maitreya Buddha, which I believe to be Muhammad
I respect your belief but I suspect Maitreya could be Second coming of Christ, which as per Hinduism is Kalki avatar because that is there the three religions coincide. I believe this is more plausible. The predicted time for Kalki/Christ is before the end of the world and so Mohammed can't be him.

he didn't preach it because they would have disowned him.
Now you're speculating. In that sense even i can call Mohammed as God and he didn't claim as God because people would have crucified him like they did Christ. This was just an example.

There's no variable for God in Buddha's equation. Please read post #4 again, i've numbered his arguments negating God.

To be continued....

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
The Buddha belittled all the contemporary Hindu deities including Brahma. The entity he speaks the highest of is called the "emptiness" which doesn't mean empty at all but rather empty of visible physical form, fullness of invisible spiritual form. It is possible that the emptiness is God/Allah but most Buddhists will deny it, because the emptiness is one of the most difficult things to perceive in Buddhism, and most Buddhist have no idea what it is, just what has been written about it. The emptiness never influenced the Buddhists to wage anything but a spiritual war on non believers for Buddhism is one of the most peaceful religions that have existed on earth. The Buddha forbid killing animals and praised vegetarianism, although his monks were allowed to eat meat if someone gave it to them. There are no great similarities between between Buddhist history, and Muslim, Christian, Jewish history, they were very different, Still God works in mysterious ways, and no one says every prophet has to be just like Jesus or Mohammad, so I am very willing to accept the possibility that Buddha was a prophet. But I must say some of the quotes attributed to the Buddha posted above, are not anything like I have ever heard in years of following Buddhism.

Of all the prophets, the Buddha's teaching is most similar to Jesus' in fact in some places identical.

Buddha predicted the Maitreya buddha would come in 5000 years in 4000AD possibly a woman.

Last edited:

Servant_of_the_One1

Allah swt told us in His Mighty Book that there are many messengers we dont know about.

And Messengers We have mentioned to you before, and Messengers We have not mentioned to you, - and to Moosa (Moses) Allah spoke directly” [an-Nisa’ 4:163-164].

If Krishna was calling his people to monotheism , to worship only the Creator and to turn away from idolatry then he could have been messenger, prophet or a monotheist who did not like idolatry.

Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another's burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).

Last edited by a moderator: