• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

muslim converts to christianity

smoozy

I don't think the link goes to the page that I found, so here is the story:

My Quest to the Truth

I was born in Pakistan into a Muslim family. Most members of my family are devout Muslims, I was brought up in the traditional way of studying the Qur’an and prayers etc. I would have happily stuck with being a Muslim had I known it was the true way to heaven.
What then brought about the change in my life?
Firstly, like most Muslims I was taught to recite the Qur’an in Arabic like a Parrot with little understanding of what is written in it, this always left me dissatisfied. Most Muslim clerics will tell you that it is good to do this purely on the basis of reading it in the pure language of Arabic to please God which I find illogical and has no basis what so ever. When you study the Qur'an you will find that it has Hebrew and Syriac words and the Qur'an is not in pure Arabic at all but then again would God not understand English anymore then Punjabi or Arabic?

The fact of the matter is that their thinking is seriously flawed as you should read the Qur'an in your language of upbringing and with understand what you read to get a better knowledge of your faith, obviously if you did this then you would find the things they don’t want you to know like what the prophet Muhammad is up to in his lifetime namely marrying his adopted son’s wife after Zaid divorces her for the prophet’s pleasure, marrying a 9yr old Aisha, wife beating, killing inifidels, fighting Jihad against the Christians and Jews etc.

Sura 33.37": And when you said to him to whom Allah had shown favor and to whom you had shown a favor: Keep your wife to yourself and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; and you concealed in your soul what Allah would bring to light, and you feared men, and Allah had a greater right that you should fear Him. But when Zaid had accomplished his want of her, We gave her to you as a wife, so that there should be no difficulty for the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished their want of them; and Allah's command shall be performed.

Now what God allows a woman to be divorced to be married to a prophet?

To me this implies God does not value marriage and is asking a person to divorce his wife and this is exactly what the above Sura says that Allah knew that he wanted Muhammad to marry Zainab and that could only have happened after the divorce thus destroying the sanctity of marriage.

Bukhari vol. 7, #64: "Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)." Muhammad was 49yrs old when he married Aisha and consummated when he was 52yrs old.

Obviously these things would raise serious questions about a claimed prophet of God!

These things were deeply disturbing to me and as I read more I discovered more on how Muhammad lived his life which is not what Muslims are led to believe. I realised that we have two Muhammad's the historical Muhammad and the Imagined Muhammad. one is the imagination of Muslims who is good, righteous, highly esteemed , some great kind of guy, a prophet ordained by God etc etc the Muslims almost worship praise and adore but in actual fact there is the real historical Muhammad who was nothing like the one the Muslims are taught about who is nothing short of barbaric, superstitious and evil in his ways, yes he may have started off with honesty but ended up with depravity when he acquired more power.

For me, It was the inner self-consciousness looking and searching for something missing in my life, like I am meant for something but what? I had everything, education, success, car, house, anything a person could ask for but there was an inner emptiness that longed to be filled. I knew that my life was not meant to be just this but I was meant to be something like a leader and in the last two years this urge even became more stronger, but what or who was I suppose to lead, I certainly didn’t envision politics although the opportunities arose but I refused to follow politics.
I used to pray, fast, give charity, but these did not give me the peace I needed in my life. I was reciting the Qur’an and reading some Sura's that an uncle of mine had given me to read on a regular basis to strengthen my soul and be in close companionship with God but no it was all in vain.
I did not know God nor had any relationship with him, he never spoke to me!
I never looked at Christianity as a religion to follow and I had never in my life read the Bible although our elders believed in all the past scriptures but we did not have a Bible namely old Testament (Torah) and New Testament (Injil). To us Christianity was akin to the Western life style of self abuse which I understood to be following Christianity which was obviously nothing short of ignorance.
It is perceived in Islamic society that if you pray five times a day and stick to the pillars of Islam then you are a good Muslim and anything you do or say is true. We have a lot of hypocrites who have been following this path and yet their real lives reflect a total disregard to humanity but I never judged Islam based on Muslims but looked at Muhammad and his claims directly and found them empty and baseless and found him not to be a prophet.
Look at Pakistan's elite, look at their background. They are so called good Muslims but they commit the worst offences known. Does anybody question them? Of course not! If you did then you might disappear mysteriously. People's rights are suppressed, freedom is just a word without meaning in Islamic countries. There is no real freedom because you can't speak your mind, it is a myth to say we have democracy because there is no such thing as democracy in any Muslim state according to the Qur'an this is a by word. I often wondered why is it that Muslims though rich in many Islamic states but are still unable to compete with the West, they have oil, money power but I only realised the truth when I read Genesis in the bible.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

The problem lies with them rejecting Israel as a nation and even hating and persecuting the Jews and that is what the Bible says they shall not prosper but with cursed because they curse the jews but the curse is reversed upon them as the Jews are God's chosen people to bring the truth to the world and Jesus christ was also a Jew.

When I looked around myself and my Muslim background I realised that most of the Muslims' preached to do good but did they practice it themselves? Absolutely not! When it came to money matters, money was more a priority to them than humanity or reasoning. On the one hand they would tell you to pray five times a day and on the other there is so much hypocrisy in the Muslim community. Is it really opposite to religious teaching or was I wrong in what I had been told by my elders?
If we look at Islam, Jihad is part of Islam, forced conversion to Islam in Muslim dominated countries, persecution of Christians and Jews, Muslims believe in visiting shrines of Pirs giving money and food, it's like giving bribe to God, they even persecute and kill their own i.e the Shi'ites who they claim are not Muslim and they kill the Ahmadis so why should a Christian expect any better treatment by the Muslims who have been indoctrinated to hate rather then to love and their uttermost hate is to the Jews.
The Muslims are driven by fear where as we who choose to follow Jesus Christ are driven by love, what a contrast? I remember one of my brother in laws who solely started to practice Islam and leave his immoral life because he read a book about the punishment in the grave and he was so frightened that he started to pray five times a day to avoid this. There is no love for God or mankind but just selfish desire to get to heaven to drink the wine from rivers and have the seventy two houris, the carnal lust that is waiting in the Muslim paradise, things that God would never allow us to do on earth but have the lust orgies in heaven near his holy presence, what a contradiction!
I asked myself how could a holy God become so unholy allowing the things he forbids on earth?

So was I wrong about the religious teaching of Islam the very essence of what Muhammad taught and how wrong I was beginning to find out more and more, I only needed to look at the founder of this cult to realise how misled the Muslims were, you only have to look at Muhammad's actions to know what fruits he has produced.
They believe corruption in Pakistan was taught by the British Raj in India but the reality is that people are greedy by nature and this has been going on since centuries even before the British set foot on Indian soil. If we are following a true religion and a pure religion then it should put love into our hearts, humility and care for fellow persons not hate and contempt and this is exactly what Muhammad taught the very founder of Islam so we do not even need to look at the followers but look at the founder himself. Now look at the founder of Christianity Jesus Christ what he taught and you get a 440 volt shock when you look at Jesus's life, how pure and holy and what love for fellow humans.
If we are not born like this then something is not quite right here, either the religion or the person but not every person can be wrong or can they? The Muslims give the argument that can a billion people be wrong and my answer is this that this in itself is a logical fallacy, e.g can a billion people be wrong? Well I ask this, can four billion people be right who do not follow God i.e Hindus, Buddhist, atheists, animists, agnostics actually make up the largest population so can they be right and if the answer is masses are always right then should we not follow them as they are in the majority?
Then the answer naturally leads to only one conclusion that if four billion people are not right then why should the one billion Muslims be right because neither follow what God laid from the beginning of the world the way to heaven. The way to heaven was always through obedience and faith not rituals or good works, read the story of Abraham in the Bible.

1 Sam 7:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

People in Islam who have gone and done the Hajj, think about themselves as being very pious. They think their sins are forgiven, they are better than any other person who hasn't been to Hajj and that they are like a new born child, but when I look at these people’s morals they are so bad, they cannot speak for justice, they show a completely different person from the inside. This is not true for every Hajji but majority are like this and again this speaks to me about the fallen human nature. What does this tell us? It tell us that man by his very nature is a sinner and needs a saviour and cannot work his own salvation because God requires 100% perfection not 50% not 60% but 100% and no one can attain this that is why unless we have a saviour i.e Jesus Christ we are all under the wrath of God whether we believe God exists or not!
Now most Muslims will make the excuse that the religion is good but it is Muslims who are bad and not Islam and that they don’t practice their religion properly but when you look at Islamic history then you find out the real truth that it is Arab imperialism and it comes from the heart of the religious teachings from where else but Saudi Arabia the spiritual heart of Islam, now we begin to see why sixteen of the nineteen plane hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia including the mastermind who conducted planning was from Saudi Arabia too but the Saudi's will deny this and say we are peaceful but their very actions of demolishing the twin towers in New York show us otherwise, actions speak louder then words indeed and when we examine the Qur'an we see that in fact these Muslims are good Muslims only trying to follow the Qur'an which does indeed say to make war against the Christians and Jews.

Sura 9:[29] Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

They are asked to fight the Christians and Jews and to subjugate them i.e humiliate them until they submit, how noble of Muslims.

Jesus Christ said Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits and here we see it in Muhammad’s followers. Jesus also says that “a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the father or me.”

Look at what they are doing around the world, what happened in Afghanistan banning all women from going outside, killing the women for even showing their arms or feet, even wearing heals was banned in Afghanistan, human abuse calling for Islamic values and all that, Saddam Hussein killing his own people in Iraq for the last thirty years but when the USA go in with UK to free these people what do we get from the Muslims, cries of infidels oppressing the Muslims, I cannot understand what is the matter with these people, why are they so blind that they cannot see how their own Muslim brothers abuse and kill them and when non Muslims want to help they cry like babies instead of being thankful.
Killing and persecuting Christians by Muslims, killing and persecuting Christians in Egypt, Pakistan, India and Indonesia to name a few places seems common today, even now we see in Iraq the freed Muslims are now taunting and abusing the Christian community and forcing the women to wear hijab.
The only peace can come from Jesus Christ and nobody else, not Muhammad prophet, not Buddha, not Ram and that is the conclusion God was showing me.
Jesus Christ is the prince of Peace, look at his life and look at Muhammad prophets life and do a comparison so you can see the stark contrast of why Jesus is the only truth and it is not a book (the Qur'an) that professes to deny everything that God gave in the beginning!

We have two different worlds, here is God himself in the flesh showing how we should lead our life and there is Muhammad prophet manipulating people for his benefit, telling his followers that if you fight and die then you will go to heaven, that if you loot and pillage then you are forgiven and appeasing Allah the most merciful one.
I also learnt that God's name is not Allah but Yahweh contrary to popular Muslim belief that Allah existed before Muhammad i.e the pagans used it and now it is in the Arabic bible but fact remains that God's name that was plainly given to Moses was Yahweh which the Jews even today do not utter due to saying it incorrectly and being punished for blasphemy by God himself and they write it as the four letters YHVH. How the world hates these Jewish people who have given us so much is very sad indeed, they have given us the Hebrew scriptures which they preserved meticulously and the find of the dead sea scrolls in Israel was one of the greatest finds of this century which authenticates our Bible today as reliable text.

Jesus Christ said to love your fellow humans not kill them, he never asked to lift the sword or fight but on the other hand Muhammad prophet of the Muslims asked to kill anyone who doesn’t convert to Islam or else take Jizzya tax from them i.e to humiliate the Christians and Jews by imposing Jizzya and to subjugate them.
Yes most Muslims will tell you look at Christians, aren’t they hypocrites?
Well of course they are but do they follow Jesus Christ and his teachings, NO, then I am afraid they are not Christians just because they have been born into a Christian family it does not make them Christians because a Christian is born again and that can only happen when he consciously makes a choice to repent of his sinful deeds and follow Christ, can a baby make a conscious choice? Of course not.
Jesus Christ said to love your enemies, pray for them who persecute you but these people do the opposite, they are not followers of Christ at all, Muslims like to label them Christians just because they are born into a Christian household.

The church has become Apostate, bishops tell you that it is ok for men to lie with men and that we do not believe in the divinity of Jesus or resurrection, now this week a row broke out in the church of England about a gay bishop being appointed.
God says very clearly that he does not allow this and he intervened in the past to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of these sins so clearly we can see that these people do not follow God or his written word the Bible.
Are we now to rest our faith on these Bishops and Popes? Of course not.
The Muslims then go on to attack us by saying since you are saved does that mean you have a license to sin? We should follow our Lord Jesus Christ and his teachings as he lay them down, he said if you love me then obey my commandments and what were the central commandments, he summed them up in two.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Do you think that we can go on sinning if we follow Jesus? The answer is no, if we follow God we have to strive to live according to his commandments but as humans we do make mistakes and that is something the Lord changes in us slowly, this process is known as sanctification by the holy spirit who guides us day by day.
You read the Qur’an, Hadith and the Islamic history and see what crimes Muhammad committed against humanity and how he forced his brutal customs on people and subjected them to death if they did not follow his religion. How he had the people against him Murdered one by one like a gangster, read the story of Asma bint Marwan.
In Yathrib (Medina), Muhammad had a number of people killed. One of them was `Asma' bint Marwan. Her crime was that she spoke out against Muhammad for having another man murdered named Abu Afak who was 120yrs old. This clearly shows you the outright disregard his followers had for humanity that they killed a mother who had five children, Muhammad prophet couldn’t care less for instigating the crime.

I decided to learn more about Islam and the way to heaven and it was when I was browsing a Muslim newsgroup that I came across this testimony. At this point I only wanted to learn about Islam and still no thought had ever occurred to me about becoming a Christian however I was interested in Judaism to know how the Jews were able to go to heaven as Islam claimed that it was from Judaism. I was enlightened by what I read and it confirmed my fears regarding Islam, of what I used to think. What will happen to me if what I follow is not the truth?
Would I go to hell?
I didn't consider myself to be a saint anyway but surely we have to ask for forgiveness of our mistakes and pray to God to be able to enter heaven but the reality dawned on me that God's requirement was 100% and it could not be met and Jesus's claims had to be taken seriously else it is futile to follow rituals and end up in hell for eternity and eternity is a long time to be wrong! This is because like the Bible says heaven is for eternity and also hell is for eternity not like Islam makes out that you will be taken out of hell after punishment as there is no such thing in the Bible but this is a deception that many people are following.
Muhammad prophet preached to do good and avoid bad but how much good is enough for God as he is holy, if he based his forgiveness on good deeds alone then the Hindus also preach Good and so do the Buddhists, that means they are eligible for heaven as much as Muslims or Jews but clearly this was not in line with what God required. The whole theme of the Bible is on Sin and atonement but the Qur'an denies we have sin from birth that we are born sinners.
Not all of these thing can be the correct if all claim to come from the same God or we are all following the wrong God who doesn't care which road you take to reach him.
I found the answers in the Bible:
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Basically the prophet Isaiah was saying that doing good deeds is not good enough and it is like filthy rags in front of the sight of God as he is a holy God and we cannot appease him just by doing good deeds, we still cannot enter Heaven. This was further clarified of how to go to heaven as God had decided to descend on earth in the form of Jesus Christ to sacrifice himself in the human form to save us all as only Jesus Christ was sinless and his blood would atone or cover our sins once and for all times and let us in to heaven guaranteed if we believe in him and follow him diligently. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.

I was shocked at first, had I been following a religion that is false and if the Bible is really the truth then what do I do? I then decided to do some extensive research on both the Bible and the Qur'an and my findings really shocked me and confirmed what I thought was the truth. I checked both Christian and Muslims sources combined with Non Muslim and Non Christian sources.
It proved that the Bible had plenty of non Christian + historical evidence and internal evidence such as the fulfilled prophecies in the past and present so accurately fulfilled that only God's finger prints could do this not to mention the prophesies that will also come true in the future.
How God of Israel had preserved the Jews as a group of people in spite of the holocaust and just as he predicted by the prophets he established the land of Israel to bring back the Jewish people after he scattered them for their sins and perserved the Jewish nation from wars with Muslims considering Israel a tiny state able to withstand the onslaught of mighty nations around itself when attacked by the arabs. The war of 1948, 1967 and 1971 are clear examples in Israel's history of these things and God's dealing with the Jewish people to keep them safe.
Obviously the gathering will happen as a result of the scattering:

Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Even prophet Jeremiah prophesied of this:

Jeremiah 16:14-15 He writes, "'The days are coming,' declares the Lord, 'when people will no longer say, "As surely as the Lord lives, Who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt...", but they will say, "As surely as the Lord lives, Who brought the Israelites up out of the Land of the North, and out of all the other countries where He had banished them." For I will restore them to the Land I gave their forefathers.'"

Then comes the rebirth of Israel in 1948 prophesied by prophet Isaiah

Isaiah 66:7-10 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God. Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

We can see how God works through what he told his prophets:
We have to acknowledge our sins and call upon Jesus Christ as our saviour and redeemer to atone us for our sins and let us enter the Gate of heaven. This is why prophet Isaiah prophesied this fact 700yrs before Jesus's birth:

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Prophet Isaiah clearly tells us who Jesus Christ is, that he is God and prince of peace and that his government never ends.
Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

In the above verses prophet Isaiah tells that Jesus will be rejected of men i.e the Jews who he came to and how Jesus Christ will be afflicted for our sins and crucified to save our sins.
How in order to save us Jesus Christ had to do this and there was truth in the above verse which came true. Satan thought that he was going to humiliate Jesus on the Cross but little did he realise that Jesus would defeat Satan forever to free us from his stronghold and give us eternal life. Muslims become ignorant of these facts and say that how can Jesus be God, well I have shown you some of the many verses in the Bible which tell us why Jesus is God and how he was crucified and then resurrected to go back to heaven.
Muslims make false accusation that the Bible is corrupt but when you look at the evidence for the Bible this claim is found to be baseless, in fact you find that the Qur'an as a document has very little historical basis and that it is not even from it's claimed period and has many contradictions, historical errors and scientific errors which prove it is not of God.

in fact there is no historical evidence to point to the Qur’an as the truth as the earliest manuscript of the Qur’an are from the 8th Century although it was collected and brought together in the 6th century or around about 640 AD by Caliph Usmaan. The Qur’an contains material which existed some 600 yrs before it arrived on the scene which was heretical and legendary e.g the story of Abraham and the idols is a legend mentioned in Sura 21:51 So therefore it cannot be and quote is not divine. I found that Islam is not the truth and I was very disturbed by my findings.
The God of the Bible is a plural God i.e a triune being, he manifests himself in three personalities the father, son and holy spirit but not the unitarian God Allah makes himself out to be.

Muslims don't understand Salvation in the terms Christians do anyway. They think as long as they do good deeds then they will go to heaven. They don't understand the notion of born in sin i.e that we all inherit sinful nature from Adam including babies that is why we are not immortal and die. Some even believe that Muhammad (prophet) has had his Sunni sect forgiven from God and that after some punishment we will all go to heaven. They have decided this for themselves even though Qur’an does not advocate this. Some commonly believe that if you have one of your children recite the Qur’an and know all of it by memory to become a Hafiz then their seven generations are forgiven and they will go to heaven. This is not true as the Qur’an nowhere states this to be the case, it is just Jahalat (illiteracy) amongst the Muslims, in fact the Qur'an tells us that every Muslim must enter hell first and it gives no criteria for being removed from hell what so ever.
Sura 19:66-69
. Man says: "What! When I am dead, shall I then be raised up alive?" But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?

So, by thy Lord, without doubt, We shall gather them together, and (also) the Satans (with them); then shall We bring them forth on their knees round about Hell; Then shall We certainly drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against (Allah) Most Gracious.

Sura 19:71 mentioned not one will pass over it i.e all Muslims must enter hell;

71. Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.

In fact this is what Muhammad prophet of Muslims had to say on this issue when his disciples asked him about going to heaven in the Qur’an: Sura 46:9
I don't know what will happen with me or you so how can I tell you if you will go to heaven or not.
I completed my research with an open mind.
I checked if Muhammad prophet was a prophet prophesied by God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and also if Qur'an is the last revelation given to us by God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I found neither to be the case and so rejected Islam and embraced Jesus Christ with all my heart as I found him to be the truth. He found me a sinner amongst sinners and I could not reject my calling and I thank and praise the Lord Jesus for his grace.
Even Muhammad did not know the true name of God is Yahweh and never spoke to God as God had spoken personally through the prophets in the past, Muhammad had to have Gabriel allgedly to receive revelation?
The struggle had begun inside of me, what should I do? A belief that I had held all this time had turned out to be a lie and false altogether and the evidence was too strong to convict me that this is the case. I thought to myself that maybe I should remain as I am and not convert but not practice Islam either as it is false. I didn’t wanted to follow Jesus Christ because I reasoned if I change then what will my family think and what about the Muslim community I live in?
I struggled with these thoughts for a couple of weeks. There was an inner battle inside me that said embrace the truth and one which said stick to the family values. I was more concerned with my family's thoughts then the truth for a week.
Eventually the answer came. Embrace the truth whatever the cost and this is when I accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour and Lord. It was a hard decision but one which has led me to the right path to the truth and grace of Jesus Christ.
After the conversion, how have I changed? Well my search has come to an end, I feel an inner peace I never experienced before and no more inner conflict. I feel better as a person towards others and this peace is not a sense of NON Conflict but a filling of the holy spirit which guides me in my daily life. I was baptized in my fellowship on Dec 13th 1998. Obviously I want others to know the truth but they are not interested in that. They think what they and their forefathers have been following is the truth. I hate to think what will happen to them but they don't listen, according to the Bible these people walk in darkness and will not be allowed to go to heaven.
They will be separated for eternity from the presence of God so it is not a case of the Muslim doctrine that you get punished and then go to heaven, in fact you do not go to heaven period.
The cost will be very high for their mistake, life after the grave spent outside heaven for eternity not just for a short while. Their rituals and customs will not take them to heaven!
Jesus gives us the answer in the Injil:

John 8:23-24 He said to them, "You are from beneath. I am from above. You are of this world. I am not of this world. I said therefore to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am he, you will die in your sins."

Consequences of following Christ: The struggle has just started, not finished, obviously all my immediate family turned against me but that was expected by me so it is nothing new under the sun! I have explained my faith to them, had several discussions with various people, had invited couple of my Christian friends in to debates to discuss with them what the Bible teaches. In the end it is up to them but I am sticking to my chosen and truthful path. I tell the gospel to all the Muslims I meet so they can know of the truth which is the Lord Jesus Christ, I have two websites which you can read with some of my more extensive research.

www.Abrahamic-faith.com

www.debate.org.uk/topics/coolcalm
I pray for all the Muslims that they come to know the one true God that loves them all so they don't perish in their pride and bloated egos. Everyday I get more and more knowledgeable about the Bible, I have had several debates on the internet with fellow Muslims, they cannot answer my questions and try to constantly attack the Bible but I can prove time and time again the authenticity of the Bible through historical evidence and Biblical evidence.
Muslims are playing a fool hearty game of first saying that the Bible is corrupt and then trying to find Muhammad prophesied in the Bible, it doesn’t work that way as he is not prophesied anywhere in the Bible.

Read about some of Muhammad prophets brutalities for those that think he was very good!
The Muslims have closed their eyes and ears so don’t want to listen and hold to their lifeless faith which only leads to spiritual death.
Isaiah 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

The Good news: One of my brothers has become a believer of Jesus Christ.
The bad news: After 4 yrs of bickering and fighting and trying to reconcile I lost half of my family, I got divorced from my wife who as a Muslim could not live with me because of pressure from her family and lost my house and children, 17yrs of marriage finished in an instance. In Islam the time you convert your marriage is dissolved, though my wife stayed with me for a time but the pressure became unbearable and now she has gone back to her Islamic culture to her Muslim heritage, I tried and tried to change her so we could reconcile our marriage but alas she did not see the truth as I saw it, in the end we are called to peace.

Thank you Islam for breaking my marriage and wrecking my family that is the fruit of Islam not the fruit of the living God, God will deal with you in his appointed time and you shall know the Lord your God the God of Israel who exists and acts and every knee shall bow to the Lord Jesus Christ who came to die on the cross and rose again and is living in heaven and will come again soon to Judge both the living and the dead, halleluyah.

We Christians who come to the Lord Jesus Christ from a Muslim background have to pay a heavy price so truth comes at a price and though I am sad for a time but I love the Lord my God with all my heart and all my soul that he saved me through the Lord Jesus Christ who died for my sins and continue to pray for my family. I have a sure hope of a resurrection and eternal life through my saviour and that is the blessed hope I live for daily.
I have a sure hope of resurrection after death. Halleluyah.

I do not expect all my family to come to Christ, but there will be believers from them so the work has begun to show them the truth, Who knows, someday they may realize and change.

May the Lord God give them guidance and wisdom to discern the truth

chookyman

So much to read and so much to reply, so I will keep it short. I b4 I came to islam was a buddhist. I married an Indonesian lady who came from a strict islamic family. In the beginning I thought not much and was excited at the chance of learning about islam. But as the time went on I realised alot about the people of the religion and got more and more dishearted.

I read the koran a lot, I have much knowledge of many religions. I was oftern suprised how a lot of the stuff written was just reproduced and reworded from many other religions, especilly the jews. Yet the muslims hate jews so much, but their religion is no more jewish then the christians. I oftern found how in the front of the koran it would condradict itself towards the back by saying the oppersite to what it siad in the front. The funniest parts I found where when the so called prohphet would go so far to start mouthing of negitively about the jews or the christians, but always stopped short because he new it would cause problems.

And there are the terriost, well they are as much the religion as everyone else. If the muslims do not like what they are doing, why have they hardly lifted a finger to crush them like the christians did with those cults??? Question marks every where. Islam is far from perfect as it claims to be, it is no more then a jewish cult just like the million and one christian cults. Muhhumard is no more a fraud as much as his religion and his followers are so brain washed with the religion since childbirth it is hard for a muslim to have a very wide few on life or accept anything outside the koran. I will say this, and I agree with what they guy wrote above. I could go on and on and on... but I know I have pissed of many readers who are muslim, but this is what this forums about Free speach, opinion, and debate.

****MOD EDIT****

Reason: language

smoozy said:
I don't think the link goes to the page that I found, so here is the story:

My Quest to the Truth

Firstly, like most Muslims I was taught to recite the Qur’an in Arabic like a Parrot with little understanding of what is written in it, this always left me dissatisfied. Most Muslim clerics will tell you that it is good to do this purely on the basis of reading it in the pure language of Arabic to please God which I find illogical and has no basis what so ever.
Actually I find that illogical as well, and have never been taught to recite the quran just like a parrot without understanding the meaning.

When you study the Qur'an you will find that it has Hebrew and Syriac words and the Qur'an is not in pure Arabic at all but then again would God not understand English anymore then Punjabi or Arabic?

Actually most languages have a little mixture of other languages in them. In english we have french words mingled in as well. what then is pure anything? its just arabic used 1400 years ago, nothing more.

The fact of the matter is that their thinking is seriously flawed as you should read the Qur'an in your language of upbringing and with understand what you read to get a better knowledge of your faith, .

ROFL. Well the quran has many translations, I gather there is a reason for that.

Sura 33.37": And when you said to him to whom Allah had shown favor and to whom you had shown a favor: Keep your wife to yourself and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; and you concealed in your soul what Allah would bring to light, and you feared men, and Allah had a greater right that you should fear Him. But when Zaid had accomplished his want of her, We gave her to you as a wife, so that there should be no difficulty for the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished their want of them; and Allah's command shall be performed.

Now what God allows a woman to be divorced to be married to a prophet?

Actually if this fool knew the whole story he/she would know that the Prophet arranged this marriage with Zaid and his wife. The 2 were NOT getting along however the Prophet kept insisting he keep his wife. Eventually their marriage failed and the prophet felt personally responsible for it all. The prophet never asked or told zaid to divorce his wife, but rather keep her.

Bukhari vol. 7, #64: "Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)." Muhammad was 49yrs old when he married Aisha and consummated when he was 52yrs old.
Obviously these things would raise serious questions about a claimed prophet of God!

Actually if this person who became a christian would read the bible and know anything about Jewish law, a girl can be married @ the same age as well.

These things were deeply disturbing to me and as I read more I discovered more on how Muhammad lived his life which is not what Muslims are led to believe. I realised that we have two Muhammad's the historical Muhammad and the Imagined Muhammad. one is the imagination of Muslims who is good, righteous, highly esteemed , some great kind of guy, a prophet ordained by God etc etc the Muslims almost worship praise and adore but in actual fact there is the real historical Muhammad who was nothing like the one the Muslims are taught about who is nothing short of barbaric, superstitious and evil in his ways, yes he may have started off with honesty but ended up with depravity when he acquired more power.

Garbage.

Look at Pakistan's elite, look at their background. They are so called good Muslims but they commit the worst offences known.

Says who?

Does anybody question them? Of course not! If you did then you might disappear mysteriously. People's rights are suppressed, freedom is just a word without meaning in Islamic countries. There is no real freedom because you can't speak your mind, it is a myth to say we have democracy because there is no such thing as democracy in any Muslim state according to the Qur'an this is a by word. I often wondered why is it that Muslims though rich in many Islamic states but are still unable to compete with the West, they have oil, money power but I only realised the truth when I read Genesis in the bible.

well if we want to talk about power and control. the christian empire fell as well. so wow, can i say that God hates the christian! lol.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

The problem lies with them rejecting Israel as a nation and even hating and persecuting the Jews

um....and what was the inquisition about?

If we look at Islam, Jihad is part of Islam, forced conversion to Islam in Muslim dominated countries, persecution of Christians and Jews, Muslims believe in visiting shrines of Pirs giving money and food, it's like giving bribe to God, they even persecute and kill their own i.e the Shi'ites who they claim are not Muslim and they kill the Ahmadis so why should a Christian expect any better treatment by the Muslims who have been indoctrinated to hate rather then to love and their uttermost hate is to the Jews.

Garbage and propganda as usual. yawn

The Muslims are driven by fear where as we who choose to follow Jesus Christ are driven by love, what a contrast? I remember one of my brother in laws who solely started to practice Islam and leave his immoral life because he read a book about the punishment in the grave and he was so frightened that he started to pray five times a day to avoid this. There is no love for God or mankind but just selfish desire to get to heaven to drink the wine from rivers and have the seventy two houris, the carnal lust that is waiting in the Muslim paradise, things that God would never allow us to do on earth but have the lust orgies in heaven near his holy presence, what a contradiction!

oh wow , if the fear of punishment doesnt scare you, then you have no regard for God. oh yes, and the wine in heaven is not toxicating. and what source is this 72 virgin thing from?

Actually I cannot go throught this whole article. lies and propaganda as usual. i've heard this same story time and time again. hmmm.....how about the christians becoming muslim. now there's a lot of them. here is a link for you to read about all the ex christians who have become muslim, if we're going to go this route: http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsection/

Lightkeeper

chookyman said:
So much to read and so much to reply, so I will keep it short. I b4 I came to islam was a buddhist. I married an Indonesian lady who came from a strict islamic family. In the beginning I thought not much and was excited at the chance of learning about islam. But as the time went on I realised alot about the people of the religion and got more and more dishearted.

I read the koran a lot, I have much knowledge of many religions. I was oftern suprised how a lot of the stuff written was just reproduced and reworded from many other religions, especilly the jews. Yet the muslims hate jews so much, but their religion is no more jewish then the christians. I oftern found how in the front of the koran it would condradict itself towards the back by saying the oppersite to what it siad in the front. The funniest parts I found where when the so called prohphet would go so far to start mouthing of negitively about the jews or the christians, but always stopped short because he new it would cause problems.

And there are the terriost, well they are as much the religion as everyone else. If the muslims do not like what they are doing, why have they hardly lifted a finger to crush them like the christians did with those cults??? Question marks every where. Islam is far from perfect as it claims to be, it is no more then a jewish cult just like the million and one christian cults. Muhhumard is no more a fraud as much as his religion and his followers are so brain washed with the religion since childbirth it is hard for a muslim to have a very wide few on life or accept anything outside the koran. I will say this, a I agree with what they guy wrote above. I could go on and on and on... but I know I have pissed of many readers who are muslim, but this is what this forums about Free speach, opinion, and debate.

*****MOD POST*****

This particular forum is for learning and discussing. If you want to debate Islam, then take it to the debate forum. I have edited out your foul language. Please no belittling.