• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Rewards for Streaming Music

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I got an idea. Now, here me out.

Spotify now offers merch on artists' profiles. What if they started to offer a new plan, call it, Spotify Premium Plus or Spotify Premium+, that was $15 rather than $10, and while on this new tier, when you stream music on that plan, you get a small credit every month to purchase Spotify merch or audiobooks?

Say, you pay $15 a month now for this new plan, and if you listen one hour on average every day on this plan, you make up the $5 difference. But if you listen two hours on average every day, you get $10 credit for Spotify? And if you listen three hours on average every day, you get $15.

There would be restrictions to this plan. The money you get cannot help you pay off the Premium Plus plan (you must pay $15 every month), but, the Spotify credit you do get from it could be used to spend on any merch or audiobooks from the website. And if you listen more than three hours a day, it caps at that point and you receive no additional benefit from Premium Plus.

This would mean more money from Spotify, by offering a new higher tier plan, more money from the artists whom people will listen more often to gain credit, and more money for you to buy merch or audiobooks.

I think overall this could work really well, especially now that Spotify offers audiobooks. I realize that some people would just play music while they're sleeping to gain credit, but even then, it still counts as a play for the artists too. Heck, half of the time I'm listening to music I'm not really paying much attention to the music anyways.

And of course, this would be an opt-in service. The original Premium plan would still exist, and the ad-supported Free plan would still be available too.

Is this a good idea?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I got an idea. Now, here me out.

Spotify now offers merch on artists' profiles. What if they started to offer a new plan, call it, Spotify Premium Plus or Spotify Premium+, that was $15 rather than $10, and while on this new tier, when you stream music on that plan, you get a small credit every month to purchase Spotify merch or audiobooks?

Say, you pay $15 a month now for this new plan, and if you listen one hour on average every day on this plan, you make up the $5 difference. But if you listen two hours on average every day, you get $10 credit for Spotify? And if you listen three hours on average every day, you get $15.

There would be restrictions to this plan. The money you get cannot help you pay off the Premium Plus plan (you must pay $15 every month), but, the Spotify credit you do get from it could be used to spend on any merch or audiobooks from the website. And if you listen more than three hours a day, it caps at that point and you receive no additional benefit from Premium Plus.

This would mean more money from Spotify, by offering a new higher tier plan, more money from the artists whom people will listen more often to gain credit, and more money for you to buy merch or audiobooks.

I think overall this could work really well, especially now that Spotify offers audiobooks. I realize that some people would just play music while they're sleeping to gain credit, but even then, it still counts as a play for the artists too. Heck, half of the time I'm listening to music I'm not really paying much attention to the music anyways.

And of course, this would be an opt-in service. The original Premium plan would still exist, and the ad-supported Free plan would still be available too.

Is this a good idea?

I have Spotify, but only to listen to music. I doubt that I'd be interested in buying any merchandise or audiobooks from them. I can't really do audiobooks anyway. I'm kind of old school, reading words on a printed page - or sometimes on a computer screen.