• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mueller investigation

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The Southern District of NY has no jurisdiction over a sitting President.
There are ... incidental powers, belonging to the executive department, which are necessarily implied from the nature of the functions, which are confided to it. Among these, must necessarily be included the power to perform them, without any obstruction or impediment whatsoever. The President cannot, therefore, be liable to arrest, imprisonment, or detention, while he is in the discharge of the duties of his office ...

Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, § 1563 (1833)
It seems that Trump agrees with you: I've read more than one source quoting him saying that he needs to win in 2020 to avoid being indicted.

... which suggests to me that he doesn't think he's been "cleared."

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'll tax Tax fraud for $100

Surely Trump had a very well paid tax preparer take care of this for him.

Wonder why the IRS doesn't seem too concerned

could it be because what he did was completely legal?
It's already been established that he committed tax fraud. He and his foundation agreed to a deal that conceded this:

Trump Foundation to dissolve amid allegations of 'shocking' illegality | CBC News

This particular case was only referred to the IRS in December, so I'm not surprised at all that they haven't pursued criminal charges yet... especially considering the impact Trump' shutdown had on the IRS.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I'm not surprised at all that they haven't pursued criminal charges yet... especially considering the impact Trump' shutdown had on the IRS.

It might have something to do with the fact Trump made his intentions known to the IRS regarding the foundation in 2016.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It was filed in 2016

Btw, it is determined that Trump did not collude with the Russians
We've been over this: no, that isn't determined.

Trump's fraudulent activity with his charity wasn't generally about Russia. Trump's illegal activities aren't limited to Russian collusion.