• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monster of the Dark

hannahrose1209

*~Forever Wondering~*
My soul is thrashing around like trees in the angry winds.I try to ignore the confusion and pain.I fight with all my mightto free myself from these chains that hold me, My insidess screaming fight to get outI feel possessed by demons as my soul contorts itself in twists and bends.All these rules I set, make me portrayThe person I am notAll this weighs on a young girls shouldersI feel like I am carrying a giant boulder.All aloneI fight wars and gain scars and battle wounds.Can someone save me and break these heavy chains.Beware of the lashing that might be freedAnger that I've let seed, everything builds upUntil it fills my cupThen I flip into someone I 'm notA monster in the dark.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
On first reading, I think your poem shows great self-insight and honesty.

I place it squarely in the category of teenage angst poetry, but teenage angst poetry with an unconventional insightfulness.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Like Laura says...lots of emotion expressed. I hope you felt better after writing it. :)

The first line is excellent! Bravo!

Catches your attention immediately and spins a visual very nicely.