• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monkeys learn in the same way as humans

Zeno

"Like humans, monkeys benefit enormously from being actively involved in learning instead of having information presented to them passively," said Nate Kornell, a UCLA postdoctoral scholar in psychology and lead author of the study, which appears in the August issue of the journal Psychological Science. "The advantage of active learning appears to be a fundamental property of memory in humans and nonhumans alike."

Link for the rest of the article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070801161511.htm

Random

Why are atheists so obsessed with monkeys?

(Mods, please don't give me a warning for that, I am being facetious and I am an adult -- really I am!)

Thanks So Much!

Conor

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
*shrug*...nothing new.

If you have a monkey begin to read, call me.

Would you be interested in a parrot that's learning to read?

But what is this obsession with the ability to read? Some people can't, does that make them less than human?

Zeno

Would you be interested in a parrot that's learning to read?

But what is this obsession with the ability to read? Some people can't, does that make them less than human?

Of course they're less human! Personally I think they should be put into slave labor or executed. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm not posting this to disprove God (atheists are interested in other things too!!*gasp* ) just sharing knowledge.

I don't find it that impressive that it had to memorize an order. Nor the article about spears/tools. Is it that impressive that a bird builds a home? It's certainly more difficult than killing a small animal with a stick. I think if you found a an animal that created art outside of a lab/research facility, I would be intrigued. Something like a chimp painting a gazelle or lion, or a bird recreating Gothic architecture.

~matthew.william~

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I don't find it that impressive that it had to memorize an order. Nor the article about spears/tools. Is it that impressive that a bird builds a home? It's certainly more difficult than killing a small animal with a stick. I think if you found a an animal that created art outside of a lab/research facility, I would be intrigued. Something like a chimp painting a gazelle or lion, or a bird recreating Gothic architecture.

~matthew.william~

May I please see a painting of a gazelle or lion you have done along with the blueprints for your originally designed Gothic-style architecture.

May I please see a painting of a gazelle or lion you have done along with the blueprints for your originally designed Gothic-style architecture.

Why? All I was saying that it's not impressive that an animal was conditioned to preform a task in a lab facility.

~matthew.william~

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Why? All I was saying that it's not impressive that an animal was conditioned to preform a task in a lab facility.

~matthew.william~

Because if you're going to judge them by those tasks I would assume you would be able to accomplish them yourself.