• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mojopalin

Perversity

I'm not new here. Several years ago I posted under the name 'Mojopalin'. I changed names because I forgot my password. :facepalm: Anyway, I don't think my interests or life or personality has changed much since then. But then again, I wasn't around long enough for anyone to get to know me. So, who am I? My name is Tony. I live in Nashville. I enjoy horrible music, pulp science fiction and horror art, art-deco, 30s to early 50s style cartoon animation, and just bits and pieces of Americana. I hate it when people needlessly suffer [be it through wars, others' greed, corruption, bigotry, racism, sexism, drugs, violence, and politics]. I loathe those who are willfully ignorant and people who don't stick to their convictions and morals.

I have no religion because I am convinced that religion as a whole is a conspiracy designed to control society, blah, blah, blah - yaaaawwwn...

There you have it. I'm here. I just hope I'm smart enough to casually inch myself into some of these conversations. Have a happy!

Kurohige

I have no religion because I am convinced that religion as a whole is a conspiracy designed to control society, blah, blah, blah - yaaaawwwn...

There you have it. I'm here. I just hope I'm smart enough to casually inch myself into some of these conversations. Have a happy!
this is what they said XD...
"Through Divine Messengers, God has revealed His laws and teachings for humanity in order that the individual soul can draw near to Him and society can advance spiritually and materially. Throughout history, the revelations of the Messengers of God have renewed religion so that humanity can come to understand its true purpose. "

Welcome bro and where do u live in Nashville, I live minutes to Nashville... it'll be fun to exchange some words one day ^^..

Perversity

this is what they said XD...
"Through Divine Messengers, God has revealed His laws and teachings for humanity in order that the individual soul can draw near to Him and society can advance spiritually and materially. Throughout history, the revelations of the Messengers of God have renewed religion so that humanity can come to understand its true purpose. "

Welcome bro and where do u live in Nashville, I live minutes to Nashville... it'll be fun to exchange some words one day ^^..

On Charlotte Pike. Although, I will be moving in a month to the Madison area, which I think is somehow more 'ghetto'. :thud:

Perversity

Indeed my friend XD... haha do u have a meeting group to discuss religion? would u like to start one ^^...

I don't have one, actually. I was thinking about running for mayor of Nashville. This last Monday I went to the post office to register to run for mayor but they told me that I needed to start a petition in order to run for mayor or get votes via write-ins. So I'm in the midst of working up a strategy for that. I don't have the money or campaign contributions to run as a Republican or Democrat, so I may go independent or something of that nature.

I was involved in a meeting group with members of the 'green party' last fall, but that fell through as fewer and fewer people began to attend. So I guess at this point you can tell I'm prone to following/discussing politics a lot closer and more thoroughly than I am to following/discussing religion. I look at religion from a legal/political stand point. I have no problem with people who believe in any faith, but when they start legislating and/or stifling the national debate in the name of their religion that is when I get involved.

Kurohige

Nice... that is really interesting.. i don't really know u to be consider one of ur voters but it sound like u have a big personatily and u can work that pretty well... when ever u do a meeting or something please.. inform me of the place i might go and not just meet u but get to know u and maybe hel ur cause...

I'm faith we are not alow to do politics.. and by not alow I mean no chossing a side.. we vote for the candidate and for its deeds, we do not vote for partys, religions background or anything that doesn't identify someone as a good or bad person.. based on a personal judment.

Perversity

Thank you very much. And I noticed your religion was Baha'i. which I think I began to hear about when I was 19, but not too clear on it's actual beliefs. I would look it up but the internet is notorious for bad information.