• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Model Agnostic[ism]

Kenaz

I Am
This defines my stance when it comes to all "models" we use to understand and organize our reality and consciousness quite nicely, at least the best I've come across or am aware of at this moment. Thought I'd share it with you all, as I've not seen it much anywhere, and hopefully it will be helpful for another. )(

model agnosticism - the view that philosophical and metaphysical questions are not ultimately verifiable, but that a model of malleable assumption should be built upon rational thought. Note that this branch of agnosticism differs from others in that it does not focus upon the question of God's existence.

ktf

I too have found model agnosticism a very good map to work with. I discovered it through the brilliant writings of the great guru and magician Robert Anton WIlson. Where did you come across it? My friend Daelach has pulled my coat to a philosophical system that streamlines quite well with model agnosticism--radical constructivism. It is definately worth checking out. I would also mention that a basic familiarity with the principals of general semantics can give one a good method through which to apply model agnosticism in day to day life. Good stuff!

Once one gets a grip on these ideas it becomes close to impossible to believe in a big "T" truth (as my darling wife like to say) again. It can also provide one with a great B.S. (belief system) detector!

Kenaz

I Am
ktf-

Indeed! I was introduced to Robert Anton Wilson's "Maybe Logic" documentary on these very forums, and I fell in love. He he. I will have to check out 'radical constructivism' and look deeper into 'general semantics.' I've already been introduced to the concept of E-Prime and keep ePrimer on my toolbar for use when I would like to preview my posts/thoughts and see how I am doing at watching my certainty in all my communication. ;-)

Thanks for your most helpful and insightful reply.

ktf

The e-primer..that is awesome. I spent roughly 3 months doing all of my magical journals and personal correspondence in E-Prime. If you have not conducted this experiment I would highly recommend it.

And I know what you mean about "falling in love". Whenever I am listening to my R.A.W. cd's or videos my wife always says, "Oh, hanging out with your boyfriend again". Definately.

Kenaz

I Am
Hogwash:
The e-primer..that is awesome. I spent roughly 3 months doing all of my magical journals and personal correspondence in E-Prime. If you have not conducted this experiment I would highly recommend it.

And I know what you mean about "falling in love". Whenever I am listening to my R.A.W. cd's or videos my wife always says, "Oh, hanging out with your boyfriend again". Definately.

E-Prime Gold:
The e-primer..that appears awesome to me. I spent roughly 3 months
doing all of
my magical journals and personal correspondence in E-Prime. If you
have not conducted this experiment I would highly recommend it.

And I know what you mean about "falling in love". Whenever I choose to
listen to
my R.A.W. cd's or videos my wife always says, "Oh,
hanging out with your boyfriend again". Definately.

:angel2::D

ktf

Hey I think I did pretty good for not even trying! E-Prime serves to remind one of the great koan, "Who minds the store?".