• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mistaken Identity and Jesus - doesn't require a look-a-like

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe nail prints in the hands identify well enough.

I believe he may not have considered that any more preposterous than someone performing miracles. However there is no record of John the Baptist doing any miracles.
John the Baptist indeed did not do any miracles. He only preached vehemently about the coming of the kingdom of God.

Herod only HEARD (wrongly) from people that ‘John the Baptist had been raise from the dead’… He, himself knew nothing about Jesus at that time so when ig was told to him that SOMEONE was preaching the SAME AS JOHN HAD, he could only THINK OF BELIEVING (hoping, actually, since he did not want to kill John in the first place - we all know the story of how he came to do it: He feared his wife more that God!!!)

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think that is only mentioned once in the gospels - in John, which was written last. That passage seems to be aware of its readers:
John 20:29
I believe John as an eyewitness is a reliable source. So what if the others forgot to mention it. No doubt by then there were already people saying it didn't happen and they needed to be answered. The only one who knows for sure is God and He seems to agree that it happened that way.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Spirits do not have flesh, obviously... That's precisely why Jesus had to materialize bodies of flesh to make himself visible to his disciples and show them that it was he himself who had come back to life.

The simple fact that he sometimes appeared physically different, unrecognizable, shows that he did not always use a body similar to his before he died... if that had been the case he would have always been recognizable, and would not have even needed to show marks on his hands and side, if his face and physical bearing had already been enough. In fact, the marks on his old body of flesh were not limited to his hands, side and feet, as he had been mistreated long before he died, on his back from whipping, on his forehead the marks from thorns, etc.

Furthermore, the fact that he disappeared in front of them showed them that he was no longer a man with a fleshly body, but a spirit, like the angels of ancient times who appeared materialized and then disappeared. The Jews know these stories well. Angels do not have flesh because they are spirits, and thus his disciples would understand that the new resurrected Jesus was no longer a human of flesh, but a spirit that appeared and disappeared.
I believe it is not just angels who are spirits and have bodies. We do also but we are not able to switch back and forth if that was what was happening. It could have been teleportation instead.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What happened to the body that was in the tomb? I thought in the story the body from the tomb and the body the disciples saw were the same bodies.
I believe since God is the creator He can simply change the existing body into whatever He wishes.