• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missing The Point?

huajiro

I just want to stop and ask if I am missing the point.

My philosophy is never affect any other living being in a negative manner, and believe it or not, I am pretty successful in accomplishing this.

I have nothing against any racial group at all, yet I have been the victim of racism from everyone even my own race (as I speak different languages).

Although I am heterosexual, I hold nothing at all against anyone for their sexual preferences (as long as children are not involved).

I have no religious preference, I believe all are valid and have the same basic principles, yet I have been told I will burn in almost any form of Hell....because I don't decide on one.

I believe that all living beings should be treated equal, I don't push this belief anywhere, but here on RF.......if people I know find I am a vegetarian, I get a lot of crap.

I don't believe in abortion. I think people should put their baby's life ahead of their own vanity....their own bodies....their own finances....their own life. This belief doesn't come from what a religion tells me, or a political party, or other people....it comes from me, from what I know is right.

I believe in conserving the environment at all costs.....I am not perfect, but i do my part.

On the freeway, I avoid getting close to people, to try to avoid conflicts....yet people are attracted to me like magnets.....they cut me off, move in front of me at 30 MPH less than I am going....etc.

I don't believe in war, you can imagine how that comes across in a country full of so-called "patriotic" people (it is in style now).

I have no political party.....I think you lose with whomever you chose. If true Communism were possible, I would be the first Communist to sign up.

In a nutshell, I just don't understand why life is so difficult, and why so many people worry about all the details of it. I believe that if we stopped thinking about ourselves and started worrying about each other, we could save the planet. I am having a real hard time understanding why everyone else doesn't feel the exact same way. I know that is very immature, but I have felt that way for 35 years, and it is eating me up.

Am I missing something? :confused:

Melody

huajiro said:
In a nutshell, I just don't understand why life is so difficult, and why so many people worry about all the details of it. I believe that if we stopped thinking about ourselves and started worrying about each other, we could save the planet. I am having a real hard time understanding why everyone else doesn't feel the exact same way. I know that is very immature, but I have felt that way for 35 years, and it is eating me up.

Am I missing something? :confused:
Huajiro,
I can only respond from my belief system which says humans have sinful natures....which is why we need to accept Christ's sacrifice for our salvation. Only He can change our nature. Oh, it won't make us perfect but when we do slip up, He convicts us and we try harder.

This earth will never be a utopia without massive legislation, enforcement and heavy penalties (a la Singapore style) and then is it such a utopia even though every one demonstrates enforced courtesy and respect for each other and the planet? Even then, some will find a way to beat the system.

Ori

Angel slayer
Thats a lot to swallow, so let me try and chew my way through...

In short, I agree with you, not about all the little details mind, but peoples egos.

Bear in mind that if Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, Lao - Tzu, Mohammed, Moses, Martin Luther King Jr and many, many more couldn't change people for the better, no one can.

huajiro

orichalcum said:
Bear in mind that if Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, Lao - Tzu, Mohammed, Moses, Martin Luther King Jr and many, many more couldn't change people for the better, no one can.
Very good point, these are people that dedicated their lives to change and improvement, and look where it got them. Sometimes I think me beliefs are a burden....but I can't change, I don't want to.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
huajiro,
Yes, you are.:D

I am not unlike you -except not half as good at you, by the sound of it.

........"
My philosophy is never affect any other living being in a negative manner, and believe it or not, I am pretty successful in accomplishing this.

I have nothing against any racial group at all, yet I have been the victim of racism from everyone even my own race (as I speak different languages).

Although I am heterosexual, I hold nothing at all against anyone for their sexual preferences (as long as children are not involved).

I have no religious preference, I believe all are valid and have the same basic principles, yet I have been told I will burn in almost any form of Hell....because I don't decide on one."....................

I can take all the above on board - I am much like you - except for a religious preference - Christianity. I don't like the fact that you have been told you will burn in hell - that is an idea that comes out of a very polarized, and to my mind, sad view of God, on the part of the person/s telling you that - it upsets me to think that people go round saying things like that...........

................"
............................"I don't believe in abortion. I think people should put their baby's life ahead of their own vanity....their own bodies....their own finances....their own life. This belief doesn't come from what a religion tells me, or a political party, or other people....it comes from me, from what I know is right.

I believe in conserving the environment at all costs.....I am not perfect, but i do my part.

On the freeway, I avoid getting close to people, to try to avoid conflicts....yet people are attracted to me like magnets.....they cut me off, move in front of me at 30 MPH less than I am going....etc.

I don't believe in war, you can imagine how that comes across in a country full of so-called "patriotic" people (it is in style now).

I have no political party.....I think you lose with whomever you chose. If true Communism were possible, I would be the first Communist to sign up.

In a nutshell, I just don't understand why life is so difficult, and why so many people worry about all the details of it. I believe that if we stopped thinking about ourselves and started worrying about each other, we could save the planet. I am having a real hard time understanding why everyone else doesn't feel the exact same way. I know that is very immature, but I have felt that way for 35 years, and it is eating me up".............

again, except for a few very minor differences, I can say the same about myself; abortion, I can handle if the mother is likely to die giving birth. Having said that I understand, as a man that I have limited say in how a pregnant woman should behave - except for maybe the question ;"Why did you get pregnat then?"

I used to be politically inclined, and have lost pretty much faith in all parties - very much like you, I believe in the fudamental Ideal of Communism; the troube is that once you put that into practice some are more equal than others..............

Conservation, curtesy while driving - yes, again I wagree with you. I have learned to count upto whatever number it takes me to 'defuse'.........:D

your last paragraph, I do not find immature in the slightest - perhaps over optimistic - but hey, that hurts no one. I must admit to feeling a bit 'alone' like you, seeing everyone rushing by madly spending as much as possible - without a care in the world for their neighbour; it all seems focussed on 'Ego'. I can understand that you feel this is 'eating you up' - I think this way of thinking has 'feasted on me' for quite a few years now! - but I have learned to accept that there must be something different about me - and that I must be content to try and get through life, sticking to my own principles as much as possible, whilst trying to ignore all the people arounfd me, forever telling me how and what to do.

I agree with you, it is lonely, and if you allow it to, it will eat you up; as far as I am concerned, I try to 'accept' - as in Buddhism. I think the prayer " "God give me strength to change what I must, the patience to endure what I cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference" is the one to apply here, to keep an even keel.

Well, if nothing else, you know there is someone who feels pretty much as you do; you are not alone, my friend - and I expect that there are many like us, hiding in corners............:eek:

huajiro

michel said:
Well, if nothing else, you know there is someone who feels pretty much as you do; you are not alone, my friend - and I expect that there are many like us, hiding in corners............:eek:
Well, why don't we all come out together and change the world?

I believe that as passionate as we are, we could do more than any of the others who are trying to ruin the world, as they are not united, and do not truly believe in what they are doing.

I am very serious about starting some sort of organization, or group to work together for the goals that I mentioned.......I will put time and money into it......I want to improve the world for my children!!!!!

DreamQuickBook

huajiro said:

Idealists and Dreamers destroy the world every day, trying to oppose the nature of things, including the nature of man. How many are you willing to kill to make the change? Because if you want to change the world with witty sayings and good will, then you hope too much. :) Just study history.

However, the trick is to learn to change what you can. Always begin small. Work with what you can.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
orichalcum said:
...Bear in mind that if Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, Lao - Tzu, Mohammed, Moses, Martin Luther King Jr and many, many more couldn't change people for the better, no one can.
One person cannot change another, but each one of us like the people you mentioned can set the best example possible and do what he can to make the world a better place. The point is that you don't have to be Jesus Christ to change the world...you just have to be you and take action.:162:

huajiro

Jocose said:
Idealists and Dreamers destroy the world every day, trying to oppose the nature of things, including the nature of man. How many are you willing to kill to make the change? Because if you want to change the world with witty sayings and good will, then you hope too much. :) Just study history.

However, the trick is to learn to change what you can. Always begin small. Work with what you can.
The idea is to not kill...to not hurt....just to change....by example.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
huajiro said:

I believe that as passionate as we are, we could do more than any of the others who are trying to ruin the world, as they are not united, and do not truly believe in what they are doing.

I am very serious about starting some sort of organization, or group to work together for the goals that I mentioned.......I will put time and money into it......I want to improve the world for my children!!!!!
Jocose has a point, however pessimistic and cynical as it sounds.

When I was twenty, I was in the process of arranging to gather like-minded people to drop everything in Europe, and we would go to some quiet unblemished corner of the world, to start a 'commune'. I am not a speaker, neither do I have the necessary atributes to be a leader of men, but amongst the group of people I had found, in England, Belgium, and France, we were getting well on the way to have a realisticly self supporting group of people, each with necessary skills.

When push came to shove, My Belgian uncle died. My three cousins, who were to be in the group, so committed to the thought that greed was a despicable human attribute, found that their father had left a will (He was wealthy)...........

An English friend found himself a young girl with whom he fell in love; all he could think about was mortages, pensions - he too had been an advocate of the evil of greed. The others dropped out one by one, each with some excuse. I was heartbroken; but I got over it - not to do so would have been foolish.

Your motives are very noble, and I still believe that there is a validity in forming some form of society (Internet based) - where we could share Ideas such as these.

What am I talking about ? There is!!!! Go and log in to www.religiousforums.com.:)

fromthe heart

Hi Buddy, You aren't missing ANY point...you've got the right outlook and I fully agree with your lifes principals. The kicker is we are only a few and for everyone who has these views as we have there are 3 times as many who would oppose it because they like the excitement of trouble...some such as we end up dead for our beliefs in wanting a better world for the children to live in...but it's the lack of GOOD politicians to take this to where it needs to go. There is so much greed in the world and too many look out for only themselves that the mind set is unchangeable. It's tough my friend but perhaps if we all live the best life we can in spite of it all we can win over 1 person in our lifetime and it will not be for nothing.

You said you've been a victim of ill-minded people...remember it's THEY who have the problem not you. YOU are a good person...don't let other's anger defeat your spirit.

Hugs,:)
FTH

Melody

orichalcum said:
The difference between Jesus and the others is that Jesus did not come to change this *world*.

huajiro

michel said:
Jocose has a point, however pessimistic and cynical as it sounds.

When I was twenty, I was in the process of arranging to gather like-minded people to drop everything in Europe, and we would go to some quiet unblemished corner of the world, to start a 'commune'. I am not a speaker, neither do I have the necessary atributes to be a leader of men, but amongst the group of people I had found, in England, Belgium, and France, we were getting well on the way to have a realisticly self supporting group of people, each with necessary skills.

When push came to shove, My Belgian uncle died. My three cousins, who were to be in the group, so committed to the thought that greed was a despicable human attribute, found that their father had left a will (He was wealthy)...........

An English friend found himself a young girl with whom he fell in love; all he could think about was mortages, pensions - he too had been an advocate of the evil of greed. The others dropped out one by one, each with some excuse. I was heartbroken; but I got over it - not to do so would have been foolish.

Your motives are very noble, and I still believe that there is a validity in forming some form of society (Internet based) - where we could share Ideas such as these.

What am I talking about ? There is!!!! Go and log in to www.religiousforums.com.:)
Money ruins people, that is why I try to earn as much as I can and give it to my wife. I am poor, my family is fine.

huajiro

fromthe heart said:
Hi Buddy, You aren't missing ANY point...you've got the right outlook and I fully agree with your lifes principals. The kicker is we are only a few and for everyone who has these views as we have there are 3 times as many who would oppose it because they like the excitement of trouble...some such as we end up dead for our beliefs in wanting a better world for the children to live in...but it's the lack of GOOD politicians to take this to where it needs to go. There is so much greed in the world and too many look out for only themselves that the mind set is unchangeable. It's tough my friend but perhaps if we all live the best life we can in spite of it all we can win over 1 person in our lifetime and it will not be for nothing.

You said you've been a victim of ill-minded people...remember it's THEY who have the problem not you. YOU are a good person...don't let other's anger defeat your spirit.

Hugs,:)
FTH
Thanks......I appreciate that

huajiro

Melody said:
The difference between Jesus and the others is that Jesus did not come to change this *world*.
If you read what I said in my initial post.....focusing on details ruins everything. The message is what counts.

Ori

Angel slayer
Melody said:
Nevertheless he has changed it though, for better or worse.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I have only one question about your first post Huajiro . Why would you want a world where everyone thinks the same as you do ? Think about it . Wouldn't that be very boring ? .... Ok , two questions . ;)

Seriously , I may disagree with some of your views , but I do respect them , and you . I even respect your choice to be a vegetarian . { just don't get between me and my dinner or you could loss an arm ;) } . Perhaps , in a way , we all are each others conscience ? I mean that everyone is , not just you and me . And hopefully , somewhere along the line we all can find some kind of balance , and make this world a better place ? But to truely make it a better place , it would have to be a better place for all living things , not just a few . As I see it at lest . And I guess that would be the hard part , right there ? How do we arrange for EVERYONE to have the same goal , and allow for individualism ? How does one create , without destroying ? Even if what is destroyed is only idealism .

huajiro

kreeden said:
I have only one question about your first post Huajiro . Why would you want a world where everyone thinks the same as you do ? Think about it . Wouldn't that be very boring ? .... Ok , two questions . ;)

Seriously , I may disagree with some of your views , but I do respect them , and you . I even respect your choice to be a vegetarian . { just don't get between me and my dinner or you could loss an arm ;) } . Perhaps , in a way , we all are each others conscience ? I mean that everyone is , not just you and me . And hopefully , somewhere along the line we all can find some kind of balance , and make this world a better place ? But to truely make it a better place , it would have to be a better place for all living things , not just a few . As I see it at lest . And I guess that would be the hard part , right there ? How do we arrange for EVERYONE to have the same goal , and allow for individualism ? How does one create , without destroying ? Even if what is destroyed is only idealism .
It isn't that I want everyone to think just like me in everything, just the important things. Who cares what clothes you wear.....what music you like, etc....if the air is clean, you don't have people trying to kill you, and you treat your children right.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
huajiro said:
Money ruins people, that is why I try to earn as much as I can and give it to my wife. I am poor, my family is fine.
Money only ruins people if they allow it to do so; you are your family - you deserve everything as much as your wife.

I see FTH sent you a hug; do you mind one from a guy ? - if you dont mind ,*hugs* to you.:D
(better not trll my wife, she might be worried)

huajiro

michel said:
Money only ruins people if they allow it to do so; you are your family - you deserve everything as much as your wife.

I see FTH sent you a hug; do you mind one from a guy ? - if you dont mind ,*hugs* to you.:D
(better not trll my wife, she might be worried)
LOL, hugs are hugs......I am not afraid of people. :)