• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miracles (Does God Exist?)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Evidence of life is evident. I myself see evidence of God all around me. You see nothing but fancy chemistry. How do people come to such opposing views all while given the same substance to taste? I guess some like tofu while others don't. Perhaps some people just have a dull palate, and are unable to experience the subtle flavors that some are able to enjoy.
Your love of tofu is all in your head. Is God?

What specifics would you like to know, and why would the details be so important for those of you who do not believe in a creator at all?

I believe in God (Creator of all things) and I believe in love. The rest is inconsequential baggage. Most people are in sinking ships refusing to toss out the baggage (Religion) in order to keep the boat afloat, while others (Atheists) choose to swim the span of the ocean without so much of a life jacket to hold them up. We have two extremes with most people, both of which lead to the same end.
False dichotomy. Belief in God is religion. You haven't thrown religion overboard; you've only thrown away the parts you don't like while keeping the rest.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I appreciate life very much; I don't think that acceptance or rejection of the supernatural has anything to do with how much we appreciate life.

Actually, now that I think about it... IMO, if you only appreciate life if you think it was a gift from some heavenly father-figure, then you don't really appreciate it for what it is.

nice.

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
I think the problem is attributing everyday occurrences, especially unexplainable occurrences, or random events with favorable outcomes to a divine source. I call it the Big Brother Syndrome. ;) Additionally, the debate is who or what do we thank? Are the circumstances that led to our creation or existence (if you prefer) by the hand of an entity what is looking for or capable of hearing our thanks?

It is in everyday occurrences that we experience God. I think in order to live ones life fully, there must be gratitude and appreciation for what is. Otherwise, there can be no joy in what we've been given. Whether you believe in God or not, appreciation for life itself is vital if you wish to find happiness.

Jeremiah

What specifics would you like to know, and why would the details be so important for those of you who do not believe in a creator at all?

I believe in God (Creator of all things) and I believe in love. The rest is inconsequential baggage. Most people are in sinking ships refusing to toss out the baggage (Religion) in order to keep the boat afloat, while others (Atheists) choose to swim the span of the ocean without so much of a life jacket to hold them up. We have two extremes with most people, both of which lead to the same end.

Tre-L

Wow you are so smart, not only do you know the answers to the miracle mystery of creation, you have the right religious beliefs. You are so much better then all of us.

NeoSeeker

Searching Low & High
It is in everyday occurrences that we experience God. I think in order to live ones life fully, there must be gratitude and appreciation for what is. Otherwise, there can be no joy in what we've been given. Whether you believe in God or not, appreciation for life itself is vital if you wish to find happiness.

Everyday I appreciate the joy of living. I walk outside and marvel at the Earth. If this is a gift handed to me, I'll be happy to thank whomever is responsible once I can identify the party in question. Admittedly I have it pretty good by virtue of where I live. I imagine there are locations on this Earth where people wonder why they are being punished.

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
Your love of tofu is all in your head. Is God?

False dichotomy. Belief in God is religion. You haven't thrown religion overboard; you've only thrown away the parts you don't like while keeping the rest.

Belief in God is religion? Sorry, penguin but belief in God is simply acknowledging a creative force greater than self. It is hardly religion. Religion (My definition of) is a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects. Belief in God, or rather a creative force behind life itself is not what I would call religion. Unless of course one thinks this force demands worship, sacrifice, and/or should be feared.

Jeremiah

Belief in God is religion? Sorry, penguin but belief in God is simply acknowledging a creative force greater than self. It is hardly religion. Religion (My definition of) is a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects. Belief in God, or rather a creative force behind life itself is not what I would call religion. Unless of course one thinks this force demands worship, sacrifice, and/or should be feared.

Let's see, you are unjustly passing judgment of other becuase they don't believe in your pet god. Sure the heck sounds like religion to me.

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
Wow you are so smart, not only do you know the answers to the miracle mystery of creation, you have the right religious beliefs. You are so much better then all of us.

Please ..... Save the sarcasm and condescending attitude for someone else, Jeremiah. I have my beliefs, you have yours. you would label me delusional for my belief in god, so don't play these childish games with me. Hypocrite much?

NeoSeeker

Searching Low & High

The Devil is in the details. :D

Jeremiah

Please ..... Save the sarcasm and condescending attitude for someone else, Jeremiah. I have my beliefs, you have yours. you would label me delusional for my belief in god, so don't play these childish games with me. Hypocrite much?

"you would label me delusional for my belief in god"

Yes, I would. See a direct and real answer, now you try.

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
Everyday I appreciate the joy of living. I walk outside and marvel at the Earth. If this is a gift handed to me, I'll be happy to thank whomever is responsible once I can identify the party in question. Admittedly I have it pretty good by virtue of where I live. I imagine there are locations on this Earth where people wonder why they are being punished.

I don't think it necessary to thank anything, but rather to have a heart filled with gratitude. Even those in third world countries are often times grateful, and even more so than many who have been given more.

Last edited:

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
Let's see, you are unjustly passing judgment of other becuase they don't believe in your pet god. Sure the heck sounds like religion to me.

Passing judgement? LOL I'm delusional according to you ..... Is that religion? You seem confused.....

waitasec

Veteran Member

well how do you suggest one to show gratitude and appreciation for this opportunity to be alive?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Evidence of life is evident. I myself see evidence of God all around me. You see nothing but fancy chemistry. How do people come to such opposing views all while given the same substance to taste? I guess some like tofu while others don't. Perhaps some people just have a dull palate, and are unable to experience the subtle flavors that some are able to enjoy.
Yep, like Insane Clown Posse says "Magic everywhere in this B*TCH". I'll stick to Barry Manilow.....

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
well how do you suggest one to show gratitude and appreciation for this opportunity to be alive?

Live, Love, and Laugh

Be wise, strain the wine; and since life is brief, prune back far-reaching hopes! Even while we speak, envious time has passed: seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in tomorrow!

Tre-L

ninerbuff

godless wonder

Tre-L
You don't happen to be a gangsta god lover?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Live, Love, and Laugh

Be wise, strain the wine; and since life is brief, prune back far-reaching hopes! Even while we speak, envious time has passed: seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in tomorrow!

Tre-L
In other words go blow your money on everything you want because tomorrow is only possible....:rolleyes:.