• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mideast Terror Leaders to US: Vote Democrat

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme

While the terror leaders each independently urged American citizens to vote for Democratic candidates, not all believed the Democrats would actually carry out a withdrawal from Iraq.
Saadi stated, "Unfortunately I think those who are speaking about a withdrawal will not do so when they are in power and these promises will remain electoral slogans. It is not enough to withdraw from Iraq. They must withdraw from Afghanistan and from every Arab and Muslim land they occupy or have bases."
He called both Democrats and Republicans "agents of the Zionist lobby in the U.S." Abu Abdullah commented once Democrats are in power "the question is whether such a courageous leadership can [withdraw]. I am afraid that even after the American people will elect those who promise to leave Iraq, the U.S. will not do so. I tell the American people vote for withdrawal. Abandon Israel if you want to save America. Now will this Happen? I do not believe it."

What are your thoughts? This news source seems biased to me, but since this is a report based on interviews, it is a little more believable than a simple op ed piece. Does terrorists calling for democrats to be elected, change your opinion of who should be in control? Does this make any difference to you and your opinion of the political debate now taking place?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Maize said:
It's from WorldNetDaily... that should give you the answer right there.
So, it is all a lie and the interviews never took place in your opinion?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
BUDDY said:
So, it is all a lie and the interviews never took place in your opinion?

Is there a credible news source with this information?

I think believing anything WND says is like taking The Onion and quoting it as fact.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
How about the Washington Post, which said the following:
The Egyptian-born Masri wanted redoubled attacks "to have a great effect on the American elections," said Abu Islam al-Arabi, a local al-Qaeda leader reached by telephone Thursday in Anbar province.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Maize said:

Sorry, I must be missing where he says, "Vote Democrat!"
Well, just put one and one together. What other outcome could come from influencing the elections? You do so, so that the outcome is something other than the status quo. The implication being that he wants the opposite party to win.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
BUDDY said:
Well, just put one and one together. What other outcome could come from influencing the elections? You do so, so that the outcome is something other than the status quo. The implication being that he wants the opposite party to win.
No, I think he meant by attacks, he wants to keep everyone scared, which plays right into the administration assertion we should all be afraid and just let them take care of everything. If anything, more attacks would help the Republicans because everyone knows the Democrats don't want to be over there anymore.

Ulver

BUDDY said:

What are your thoughts? This news source seems biased to me, but since this is a report based on interviews, it is a little more believable than a simple op ed piece. Does terrorists calling for democrats to be elected, change your opinion of who should be in control? Does this make any difference to you and your opinion of the political debate now taking place?

Nice how Republicans could try to use this as a last ditch effort to get support even though they've screwed up so much already.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Since the Republicans came to power, the terrorist organizations have gotten windfall, after windfall, after windfall. They are immeasurably more powerful now, and immeasurably more appealing to moderates.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Djamila said:
Since the Republicans came to power, the terrorist organizations have gotten windfall, after windfall, after windfall. They are immeasurably more powerful now, and immeasurably more appealing to moderates.

I agree. I'm not sure if the Democrats will do any better, but then again, I'm inclined to think they can't do much worse.

Fluffy

A fool
Just a thought but wouldn't it be silly to let the opinions of terrorists dictate how you voted?