• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael

:tsk: Why should we have this debate........the message of the coming of God's son is love thru sacifrice, if we understand this we abtain the father(bhagvan-vasudeva-sri-krsna) as well as the son(jesus) so it does not matter what jesus's designation was before his lila on earth.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Moses the God Archetype* said:
From a logical point of view yes, but from a spirtual point of view no, in terms of growth.:tsk:
Not that my intent is to participate in debate...I thought I'd state that for some...spritual growth can actual result from debating. I've grown quite a bit spiritually through debates.

Aqualung

Tasty
From a logical point of view yes, but from a spirtual point of view no, in terms of growth.:tsk:
You can grow a lot debating. You have to think out your position very well to be able to hold your ground at all. Plus, does everything I do actually have to make me grow? No, it just better not make me shrink.

Listen......oh children the corse of debate is nessesary for the process of intellectual growth, but not on trival matters such as what was jesus's designation before his lila on earth, what he did here, on behalf of the father(bhagavan-sri-krsna) is what truely matters, in order to move forward on a spirtual basis yes.

FFH

Veteran Member
Michael is Adam. He is the archangel, or chief angel.

Doctrine and Covenants 107: 54

"And the Lord appeared unto them, and they rose up and blessed Adam, and called him Michael, the prince, the archangel."

FFH

Veteran Member
Elohim is God the Father.
Jehovah is God the Son, or Jesus Christ.
Michael is the archangel, or Adam.

Michael means one who is lIke God, not one who is God.

Jehovah means self-subsisting.

FFH

Veteran Member
Adam means earthy or red.

Jesus means savior, or deliverer.
Christ means annointed.

Jesus Christ was anointed to be our Savior

may

Oh may just because this may appear to be a jw thread as you say, it does not mean that people from other faiths cannot offer there opinion on thee issue at hand.:149:
oh ,ok then , i thought it said no debating maybe i am wrong.

may

dawny0826 said:
Jesus Christ and Michael are NOT one in the same.

Michael is the most esteemed angel. The name Michael means "he who is like God". But that doesn't make him CHRIST.
yes you are right ,being like God does not make him God thats because he isnt ,he is Gods first-born son .
In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God. john 1;1-2

Jesus—A​
Godlike One; Divine

Joh 1:1—"and the Word was a god (godlike; divine)"
Gr., κα
ι θεοςηνο λόγος (kai the·os´ en ho lo´gos)

deelo505

he is also Gods first-born , yes he was a man but now at this point in time he is a mighty warrior king in the heavens
Jesus, in his prehuman existence, was "the first-born of all creation." (Colossians 1:15, NJB) He was "the beginning of God’s creation." (Revelation 3:14, RS, Catholic edition).

1 Pet. 3:18, RS: "Christ also died for sins once for all, . . . being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit ["in the spirit," NE, AT, JB, Dy].

The word in Greek for "first-created" is "protoktistos". This term is NOT used in connection with Jesus. The term "firstborn" means in Greek, "Preeminence in rank". Christ was preeminent before all creation and is therefore the Creator. Read John 1:3-4 and Colossians 1:16-17. "...the beginning of the creation of God says this" (Revelation 3:14)