• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Aquino on ATS

Daelach

Setian
Having read into the stuff a bit more:

He seems not to have understood the point of war - speaking of cooperation being a better solution. Let's just take the current geostrategic oil wars. If everyone on this planet wanted to live like a US citizen, we would need five earths. For a Western European style to everyone, we would still be in for 2.5 earths.

Means: if we wanted cooperation and drop the wars, the US would have to drop their overall resource consumption to 20% of their current level, Western European countries to 40%. Now tell that to the voters, that will be fun. The voters maybe don't want war, but they are also unwilling to drop the harvest of the wars. Because while this world order is cool for the West, it isn't acceptable for the rest. Means, they won't play it this way unless they are forced.

Another point, he hasn't understood relativity theory, this is obvious. He tells of possible future propulsion using antimatter, they would be much more powerful. Now if an object gets closer to the speed of light, its mass becomes bigger. Relativistic effect, proven in particle accelerators. As the mass gets bigger, the acceleration goes down because F = m_rel*a (relativistic mass). Just reaching (not even passing) the speed of light just for something so small as an electron would require not "big", but infinite amounts of energy because the relativistic mass gets infinite. For reaching this goal in a finite time, you would overmore need infinite power.

Before putting relativistic theory on the dumpster of the 20th century, it wouldn't be the worst idea to actually attend some university physics lectures. First year of physics will do fine.

While I don't want to put his PsyOp knowledge into question (that was his profession, after all), maybe he should stick with what he really has knowledge about instead of making up a crackpot.

Last edited:

Sireal

Setian
I am sure if you contacted Dr. Aquino directly he would be more than open about clearing up any misconceptions you may have about his qualifications for what he speaks to. Have you read Mind War?

Having read into the stuff a bit more:

He seems not to have understood the point of war - speaking of cooperation being a better solution. Let's just take the current geostrategic oil wars. If everyone on this planet wanted to live like a US citizen, we would need five earths. For a Western European style to everyone, we would still be in for 2.5 earths.

Means: if we wanted cooperation and drop the wars, the US would have to drop their overall resource consumption to 20% of their current level, Western European countries to 40%. Now tell that to the voters, that will be fun. The voters maybe don't want war, but they are also unwilling to drop the harvest of the wars. Because while this world order is cool for the West, it isn't acceptable for the rest. Means, they won't play it this way unless they are forced.

Another point, he hasn't understood relativity theory, this is obvious. He tells of possible future propulsion using antimatter, they would be much more powerful. Now if an object gets closer to the speed of light, its mass becomes bigger. Relativistic effect, proven in particle accelerators. As the mass gets bigger, the acceleration goes down because F = m_rel*a (relativistic mass). Just reaching (not even passing) the speed of light just for something so small as an electron would require not "big", but infinite amounts of energy because the relativistic mass gets infinite. For reaching this goal in a finite time, you would overmore need infinite power.

Before putting relativistic theory on the dumpster of the 20th century, it wouldn't be the worst idea to actually attend some university physics lectures. First year of physics will do fine.

While I don't want to put his PsyOp knowledge into question (that was his profession, after all), maybe he should stick with what he really has knowledge about instead of making up a crackpot.

Daelach

Setian
I am sure if you contacted Dr. Aquino directly he would be more than open about clearing up any misconceptions you may have about his qualifications for what he speaks to. Have you read Mind War?

I just read what he has been posting on the page you linked. I guess he will get enough replies from people who actually had some physics lectures anyway. Had the cobbler been sticking to his last, it may well have been worth reading for me.

Daelach

Setian
Damn.. I'd not even consider this if he had only his PhD in political science.. but his army background is what intrigues me. ^^ In fact, I respect his Lt.Col. much more than his PhD. What a pity that the collision with Helms had cost him the rest of his career back then.

Did you already read it?

Edit: Just saw that it is available on German Amazon, sparing the customs' hassle. It's ordered, I'll look to it. Just finished Spengler's mainworks, and my to-read-list is a bit empty anyway. :)

Last edited: