• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mexican refugees

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

I've been meditating on Mexican emigrants that are so hated and persecuted by Americans that they are denied even the most basic human courtesies - such as water and safe passage - and a chance at a better life by working hard here in the states.

I'm seeing the drug cartels as Hezbulla, alienating common citizens by their violence and control over everything in the border cities' infrastructure. There's no chance for a good life in Northern Mexico - one's only hope is America. But our doors are closed. Emigrants face death in the desert or deportation once they get here... we're denying citizenship just like the Arabs deny citizenship and shelter to their Palestinian brothers. We're tolerating an enemy army right on our border - bloodthirsty drug-warlords that kill with impunity.

The only answer I can think of is to persuade Mexico to allow our military to clean up the border towns and shut down the cartels - something that the Mexican army and police are too corrupt to do themselves. And we need to help rebuild their infrastructure. It's only a matter of time before the violence spills over the border, and then we'll be in a world of ****.

Another thing that we can do is devalue the drugs by making marajuna legal.

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
Wow I never thought of it that way, but really aren't we just keeping america from getting to that state?
I mean we have to take precautions.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Isn't it interesting that we will willingly invade or intervene, uninvited, in countries halfway around the world to stop "injustice" and "overt criminal behavior". Yet our solution to similar activities on our own doorstep is to lock the door whine about refugees climbing through our windows.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
More like the arms that are used by cartels in Mexico's hot spots are mainly supplied by American arms dealers.

"Pastor and Hakim note that the United States helps fuel the violence, not only by providing a ready market for illegal drugs, but also by supplying the vast majority of weapons used by drug gangs.
Pastor says there are at least 6,600 U.S. gun shops within 100 miles of the Mexican border and more than 90 percent of weapons in Mexico come from the United States." -2009 report By Arthur Brice CNN-

Money talks. They are selling to foreign illegals.

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

I have considered expatriating to Mexico, or maybe Belize.
I find that Mexico is a far better place than many give it credit for. Sure you have bad parts, but so does every country.

As for the OP, I say let them in if they REALLY need the help.

A

angellous_evangellous

Wow I never thought of it that way, but really aren't we just keeping america from getting to that state?
I mean we have to take precautions.

No. When we're tightening emigration laws, we're not helping anyone. We are spending our dollars on the deportation process [the symptom] rather than addressing the real problem.

If we help make Mexico a better place to live, there would be less immigrants.

A

angellous_evangellous

I have considered expatriating to Mexico, or maybe Belize.
I find that Mexico is a far better place than many give it credit for. Sure you have bad parts, but so does every country.

As for the OP, I say let them in if they REALLY need the help.

As for me - no friggin' way.

I am trying to get to Canada.