• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Methamphetamine

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have just seen the News on television, on which it was announced that the apparent dreadful quantity of cases of people using Methamphetamine in America may well be on the way to England.

This is a new one on me, so I can only relate what I heard on Television; it was asserted that trying the drug on two occasions was sufficient to make the average user an addict, and a female prison warder in Tenessee was eaplaining that the number of childrem becoming 'parentless' (either through the death of their parents, or because they have been sent to prison is frighteningly high). ( I had never heard of this drug, and therefore had to look it up...........
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jump to: navigation, search
Methamphetamine is a synthetic stimulant drug that induces a strong feeling of euphoria and is highly addictive. Pure methamphetamine, a colorless crystalline solid or a paste, is sold on the streets as crystal, crystal meth, glass, ice, P or Tina. It is also sold as less-pure crystalline powder called crank or speed, or in rock formation termed dope, raw or tweak. It has become one of the world's most significant illicit drugs.

Methamphetamine

(S)-N-methyl-1-phenyl-propan-2-amine

CAS number

537-46-2ATC code

N06BA03Chemical formulaC10H15NSMILESCC(CC1=CC=CC=C1)NCMolecular weight149.24Melting Point175BioavailabilityDepends upon method of administrationMetabolismhepaticElimination half life4-12 hours, 8 hours on averageExcretionrenalPregnancy categoryC (USA)Legal statusSchedule II (USA)
Class B (oral) (UK)
Class A (injectable) (UK)
Schedule I (Canada)

Delivery5mg and 10mg tabletsIndicated for:
Recreational uses:

Other uses:

Contraindications:
Side effects: Severe: (with chronic use)

Cardiovascular:

Endocrinal:

Eye:

Gastrointestinal:

Neurological:

• altered brain chemistry
Psychological:

Skin:

Miscellaneous:

Methamphetamine found on the street may be pure, or diluted with the chemicals that were used to synthesize it; in some instances, it may be diluted or cut with inert substances like inositol.:(

Ormiston

My understanding is that it is easy to manufacture too. I watched a special where they showed addicts mug shots over a period of a few months and the physical effects on their faces was horrific. Their teeth collapsed and their skin got real nasty. They looked to me like people who had some form of leprasy. That stuff is pure poison.

I knew a guy about 15 years ago who was in his late twenties. He said he took enough of the stuff one night that it messed him up for three days. He couldn't sleep or eat and he thought he was going to die. From what I've seen, it has to be one of the worst substances available.

Zephyr

Moved on
Meth can be used responsibly. Unfortunately, most people can't seem to handle it. I have done it once myself. I spent hours doing meaningless tasks with my hands untill I decided to practice my cello. Bleeding fingers suck. I'm never doing that again. It's really nasty stuff.

And yes, it is extremely easy to synthesize from ephedrine or pseudophedrine, but the lithium used in its creation is really bad stuff. All the stores around where I live now keep a roster of who buys sudafed or any other pseudophredrine products. This means two good things.
1) Less meth, and
2) Less stupid kids trying to get high off of Pseudophedrine containing DXM products. Robotussin max is so much safer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've never heard meth called the "gay drug." I've always heard it being called "poor man's coke."

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Zephyr said:
Meth can be used responsibly. Unfortunately, most people can't seem to handle it. I have done it once myself. I spent hours doing meaningless tasks with my hands untill I decided to practice my cello. Bleeding fingers suck. I'm never doing that again. It's really nasty stuff.

And yes, it is extremely easy to synthesize from ephedrine or pseudophedrine, but the lithium used in its creation is really bad stuff. All the stores around where I live now keep a roster of who buys sudafed or any other pseudophredrine products. This means two good things.
1) Less meth, and
2) Less stupid kids trying to get high off of Pseudophedrine containing DXM products. Robotussin max is so much safer.
An American Lady spearheading the 'anti' brigade told how she had tried it once; she said it burned badly. Photos followed of addicts; teeth rotting from the inside; well, you wouldn't catcm me trying is all I can say..................

Ori

Angel slayer
The worst thing is that it can be easily created with off the shelf ingredients, easily availible to the majority.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Its been in England for years, how do I know? This was my down fall in drugs. :eek:
I was hooked on meth for years, and it very easy to find too.​

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
From my understanding, Hitler's armies where one of the 1st people to use it. His scientists developed it to keep his troops up fighting longer. I know that alot of the stores around here, if you buy 2 or more of the things used to manufacture the drug, (cold tablets, lithium batteries, starting fluid, coffee filters) they will call the police. They have busted at least 2 mobile meth labs in our wal-mart parking lot.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Damn, so if it would just happen that my flashlight needs batteries, and I have a cold, I'm out of coffee filters, and it just so happens my car needs a shot of starting fluid, then I'm screwed.

Zephyr

Moved on
michel said:
An American Lady spearheading the 'anti' brigade told how she had tried it once; she said it burned badly. Photos followed of addicts; teeth rotting from the inside; well, you wouldn't catcm me trying is all I can say..................
Yeah, if you snort it or smoke it, it can be pretty damn uncomfortable. I always did it orally and never had any problems. The rotting would probably be because once you're addicted you start forgetting about personal hygene. I'm no expert in chemistry, but I can't find anything that would cause the chemical to actually rot teeth. Then again, many people use very impure stuff. That's dangerous.

I don't suggest anyone EVER try it. There are some that can handle it, but it is very addictive and usually not worth the risk.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The gum deterioration characteristic of frequent users is probably due to the vasoconstriction produced by contact with smoked meth. If the blood supply is sufficiently restricted the tissues will die.

Zephyr

Moved on
Seyorni said:
The gum deterioration characteristic of frequent users is probably due to the vasoconstriction produced by contact with smoked meth. If the blood supply is sufficiently restricted the tissues will die.
That makes enough sense for me. Smoking meth is really not the best thing you can do. If someone thinks they can handle it, swallowing it is best. Apparently it's a less intense rush, but you could do worse.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the stuff you get on the streets contains so many toxic impurities only the foolhardy would use it. When I see a news story of some meth lab being busted there's a hazmat (hazardous materials) team in moon suits poking around the site.

I'd recommend sticking with pharmaceutical amphetamines or even good old fashioned cocaine if you must play with stimulants.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Zephyr said:
That makes enough sense for me. Smoking meth is really not the best thing you can do. If someone thinks they can handle it, swallowing it is best. Apparently it's a less intense rush, but you could do worse.
And yes that is right, mix the crystals with water. Slow build but not teeth grinding or paranoia. You don't get the Euphoria to the same degree though