• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Messianic Judaism and Islam

Thazri1

Since Islam just like Jewish-Christian's believe Jesus to be the messiah,but not necessarily a God. Do you think that Islam evolved from a Messianic Jewish branch?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Evolved from is unlikely, but a good chance influenced by, specifically Ebionites.

Ebionites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to the section labeled 'Last days of the Ebionite sect"

Then one of the final entries is labeled 'Islam'

Then again, Islam might have come to the same conclusion as Ebionites independently, the result of viewing Yeshua from a strict monotheistic perspective.

Last edited:

Thazri1

Do you have any more information about Waraqah ibn nawfal, the cousin of Muhammad which is thought to be an Ebionite?

I mean if this cousin was his teacher, than that would be where he got his information from regarding judaism and christianity. Ebionites and Islam both have the same views on Jesus. Islam is basicly Messianic Judaism with a touch of pagan meccan traditions.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Do you have any more information about Waraqah ibn nawfal, the cousin of Muhammad which is thought to be an Ebionite?

Other than the link in the wiki article, I know nothing. Best to ask in the Islam DIR, they probably know much more.

... Ebionites and Islam both have the same views on Jesus. Islam is basicly Messianic Judaism with a touch of pagan meccan traditions.

But from the perspective of Ishmael. I doubt they have the concept of Yeshua as Messiah ben Yosef.

Skywalker

Evolved from is unlikely, but a good chance influenced by, specifically Ebionites.

Ebionites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to the section labeled 'Last days of the Ebionite sect"

Then one of the final entries is labeled 'Islam'

Then again, Islam might have come to the same conclusion as Ebionites independently, the result of viewing Yeshua from a strict monotheistic perspective.

Why were the Ebonites considered a Christian sect? They denied core Christian beliefs, like the divinity and virgin birth of Jesus.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Why were the Ebonites considered a Christian sect? They denied core Christian beliefs, like the divinity and virgin birth of Jesus.

Any sect which reveres and follows the teachings of Yeshua will be labeled under the term 'Christian'. Unfortunately.

I am Ebionite, but never Christian.

Skywalker

Any sect which reveres and follows the teachings of Yeshua will be labeled under the term 'Christian'. Unfortunately.

I am Ebionite, but never Christian.

Wouldnt that technically make Muslims also Christians since they view Jesus as a prophet?

LionofJuda

Islam evolved from a Messianic Jewish branch?
I dont think so. Islam have there Koran, the Messianic Jews have their Bible. Bible and the Koran teaches differently.