• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message to Potatoes

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Dear potatoes

You who have been trying to kill us
you fiends producing lectins
We will defend our children

I would burn every tree, kill every grape.
I don't care who you are.
Stop trying to kill us

Dastardly nighshades.
You insignificant germs.
You plan to kill us?

We are your gods

We were your brothers but no more.
We were you friends.
We loved you, and you betrayed us.
In betraying us you have betrayed yourselves.

Goodbye

Ellen Brown

Dear potatoes

You who have been trying to kill us
you fiends producing lectins
We will defend our children

I would burn every tree, kill every grape.
I don't care who you are.
Stop trying to kill us

Dastardly nighshades.
You insignificant germs.
You plan to kill us?

We are your gods

We were your brothers but no more.
We were you friends.
We loved you, and you betrayed us.
In betraying us you have betrayed yourselves.

Goodbye

Having a severe attack of Diverticulitis, and was just told that peeled potatoes are good for me. If the Diverticulitis doesn't get me then perhaps the COPD, or Kidney Failure then. Just hanging around for the fun.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
More for me, I guess. Unless you're eating a truckload at once, eating ones that have greened, or wild ones, they aren't going to kill you. Not, unless that is, you plan on engorging your belly with a sack of raw potatoes. Then the lectin may give you some problems. But the lectin in raw plants (it's found in WAY more than potatoes) is destroyed in the cooking process.
And if lectins are your concern, you'll want to throw some other foods out long before potatoes. But even a toxic raw kidney bean becomes non-toxic once it's cooked.

Ellen Brown

More for me, I guess. Unless you're eating a truckload at once, eating ones that have greened, or wild ones, they aren't going to kill you. Not, unless that is, you plan on engorging your belly with a sack of raw potatoes. Then the lectin may give you some problems. But the lectin in raw plants (it's found in WAY more than potatoes) is destroyed in the cooking process.
And if lectins are your concern, you'll want to throw some other foods out long before potatoes. But even a toxic raw kidney bean becomes non-toxic once it's cooked.

I was told that the buds on potatoes are poison.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I was told that the buds on potatoes are poison.
Yup. Those too. But otherwise potatoes are safe.
And it has to be considered we've been eating them for about 4,500 years, it's been very important to a few cultures such as the Irish, the Swedes turned it into alcohol, and the potato quickly became a staple food as its presence expanded around the world. Of course just because we've been doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily make it a good thing, but unless you're diabetic or over eating them potatoes haven't been shown to be bad (but rather a healthy food option). They're a complex carbohydrate, low calorie, a good source of a few vitamins and minerals, no cholesterol, and delicious when cooked in various ways and paired with various herbs without resorting to fryers, fatty oils, or high-sodium seasonings.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member