• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mental or spiritual?

mr.guy

crapsack
gnomon said:
Well, if demonic possession is a unique phenomenon to those who are spiritual and is non-existent among those who are not than the predisposed belief is required in order to be demonically possessed. In other words, it can't happen to you if you do not believe it.
I think Boltwave has part of his answer. Unbelief of demons is the greatest insurance one can have against possession.

Fatmop

knockout.gif
smile.gif
bull
What?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Psychosis can subjectively feel like a possession by demons. I figure that demon possession is just another pre-scientific way of describing psychosis.

Boltwave

corrupt_priest said:
a religious experience is incredibly subjective to your own personal views

if you do not believe in spirituality, then you will be quick to claim science - and if you do believe in spirituality, you will be quick to acredit it to your faith

quite simply, if i have what i percieve to be a true experience of demonic possession, or speaking in tongues, or vissions - you will never know that experience, as human words are not sufficient for describing it

and if we cannot pin point what we are debating about, then logically speaking, no one can win

C_P

Wow, I've never heard such powerful words, this guy knows his stuff.