• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Menstrual blood on Australian TV

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yet blood from violence is totally okay? (groan)
Good point.
People being gunned down, slashed or killed in car crashes is wholesome fare, but an exposed breast -- think of the children! :eek:
With few exceptions, what's perceived as offensive or icky is learned.
I hate it when I am in there and I hear some noise that means nothing, but I have no way to find out immediately.
Perhaps you should invest in the handy, Acme waterproof gun rack, $19.95 from Amazon.:rolleyes:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Good point.
People being gunned down, slashed or killed in car crashes is wholesome fare, but an exposed breast -- think of the children! :eek:
With few exceptions, what's perceived as offensive or icky is learned.
Perhaps you should invest in the handy, Acme waterproof gun rack, $19.95 from Amazon.:rolleyes:
There's a thought. And a stainless steel handgun. Maybe they make one with a back brush. I'll have to check.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't particularly like blood of any kind, but I tolerate it. Boss faints at the sight of it.
It is really difficult to get cleaned out of carpets. Then you have to scrub deep into the underlayment so that there is nothing to show up in case they use luminol.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is really difficult to get cleaned out of carpets. Then you have to scrub deep into the underlayment so that there is nothing to show up in case they use luminol.

Easier to get rid of the carpet and just hope the sticky red stuff hadn't soaked into the floor

Audie

Veteran Member
The advertising watchdog has dismissed hundreds of complaints about a TV commercial for sanitary products which depicts menstrual blood for the first time on Australian television.
Complaints ranged from bad taste to inappropriate to vilification and humiliation of women by publicising a private matter, to concern for children being too young to see blood running down a woman’s leg in the shower. But the board found the ad did not breach any standards in its code of ethics.(BBC)
I surely agree with the complaining parents.It surely is in bad taste depicting on TV such a natural occurrence. What next male masturbation?

Oh how would they know how it tastes?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The advertising watchdog has dismissed hundreds of complaints about a TV commercial for sanitary products which depicts menstrual blood for the first time on Australian television.
Complaints ranged from bad taste to inappropriate to vilification and humiliation of women by publicising a private matter, to concern for children being too young to see blood running down a woman’s leg in the shower. But the board found the ad did not breach any standards in its code of ethics.(BBC)
I surely agree with the complaining parents.It surely is in bad taste depicting on TV such a natural occurrence. What next male masturbation?
Wouldn't it be more akin to nocturnal emissions, since it is a physiological response that does not require willful engagement. Male masturbation does not equate.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously, those people are giving us too much info!!
Thankfully, not a subject that comes up over lunch, but still nothing to get bent out of shape about. The frantic activity of young males is widely publicized and that is an event that is purposefully engaged in and not just a bodily response.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

And just how would you know this, lol?

Boss passed out in a walk-in clinic treatment room. Our daughter stepped on a chunk of glass, so we took her in. (In hindsight I shoulda left Boss behind) Her foot was wrapped tightly in a towel. My job besides trying to get kid to calm down, was to remove the towel, and hold the foot so doc could give her some local anesthetic before doing the stitches. But I was a miserable failure, so the gusher let loose with kid kicking like a fighting rooster. Blood on the walls, on the ceiling, on doc and nurses clothes, and that's about when Boss passes out.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No reason. Just hearsay. Why? What have you heard?
Boss passed out in a walk-in clinic treatment room. Our daughter stepped on a chunk of glass, so we took her in. (In hindsight I shoulda left Boss behind) Her foot was wrapped tightly in a towel. My job besides trying to get kid to calm down, was to remove the towel, and hold the foot so doc could give her some local anesthetic before doing the stitches. But I was a miserable failure, so the gusher let loose with kid kicking like a fighting rooster. Blood on the walls, on the ceiling, on doc and nurses clothes, and that's about when Boss passes out.
That is not unusual. My father was a Marine that saw combat and couldn't stand to see his children get hurt and bleeding.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
No reason. Just hearsay. Why? What have you heard?
That is not unusual. My father was a Marine that saw combat and couldn't stand to see his children get hurt and bleeding.
I know nuthing.

Yes it's common ... fainting at the sight of blood. Ever watched the British show Doc Martin?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I was pretty small and don't remember everything very well, but I suffered a laceration to the head that required stitches and fought like a caged animal when the doctor tried to stitch it up.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I know nuthing.
I'd stick with that story if anyone asks.
Yes it's common ... fainting at the sight of blood. Ever watched the British show Doc Martin?
I love that show. A surgeon that develops a blood phobia was funny in the context, but that would be a very difficult problem in reality.

I am not a big fan of blood outside the body much myself. Especially my own.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was pretty small and don't remember everything very well, but I suffered a laceration to the head that required stitches and fought like a caged animal when the doctor tried to stitch it up.
My brother hit me over the head with a hoe. Probably deserved stitches but town was too far to go.

Darkforbid

The BBC rules are the use of a non-blood coloured fluid usually blue, they had no involvement in approving this ad

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'd stick with that story if anyone asks.
I love that show. A surgeon that develops a blood phobia was funny in the context, but that would be a very difficult problem in reality.

I am not a big fan of blood outside the body much myself. Especially my own.

The actor is really good at looking like he's about to vomit.