• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Menstrual blood on Australian TV

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Now poop jokes, those are funny.
Age 7 my dad put poop in my mouth:imp:

Poop jokes....funny?:shrug:

Next incarnation it might be your turn:eek:

Still funny?

Maybe yes, maybe no

I learned a lot from eating poop though

Once when eating only raw food, I thought let's face this old emotional trauma head on and eat my own poop.

Yummy, quite surprisingly
Healthy diet makes delicious poop... that's a fact.

Kind of nutty taste. Not like peanut butter though. I might have eaten almonds;)

No joke:p

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The advertising watchdog has dismissed hundreds of complaints about a TV commercial for sanitary products which depicts menstrual blood for the first time on Australian television.
Complaints ranged from bad taste to inappropriate to vilification and humiliation of women by publicising a private matter, to concern for children being too young to see blood running down a woman’s leg in the shower. But the board found the ad did not breach any standards in its code of ethics.(BBC)
I surely agree with the complaining parents.It surely is in bad taste depicting on TV such a natural occurrence. What next male masturbation?
The only thing wrong here are the complaints. Time to grow up and stop stigmatizing the female body. None of us would be here without it. Generations of women have been traumatized by society's stigma against menstruation. My mother wasn't even told about menstruation by her mother and thought she was dying when she had her first period. My grandmother then told her it was God's curse on women for Eve's sin. How disgusting! It's normal and healthy and should be normalized. It's society that's sick.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Age 7 my dad put poop in my mouth:imp:

Poop jokes....funny?:shrug:

Next incarnation it might be your turn:eek:

Still funny?

Maybe yes, maybe no

I learned a lot from eating poop though

Once when eating only raw food, I thought let's face this old emotional trauma head on and eat my own poop.

Yummy, quite surprisingly
Healthy diet makes delicious poop... that's a fact.

Kind of nutty taste. Not like peanut butter though. I might have eaten almonds;)

No joke:p
They are funny, but what you are describing is no joke. However, I was being deliberately satirical using one natural bodily function often seen as funny in opposition to another that is often looked on with disgust for no valid reason.

I have heard that. Though for the life of me, I have to wonder why I run into information like that. Worse, that it sticks in memory.

Edit: There are valid reasons that people have for being squeamish about blood, but I see nothing valid about the way that a natural bodily function of females, like menstruation should be stigmatized as it has been.

stvdv

There are valid reasons that people have for being squeamish about blood, but I see nothing valid about the way that a natural bodily function of females, like menstruation should be stigmatized as it has been.
If you ask a baby before he is being born, I think he would not be squeamish about bodily fluids.

The 'not yet borns' might heartely laugh:D or maybe be totally cool:cool: about such immature thoughts some 'old' people have:D

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
If you ask a baby before he is being born, I think he would not be squeamish about bodily fluids.

The 'not yet borns' might heartely laugh:D or maybe be totally cool:cool: about such immature thoughts some 'old' people have:D
Then they get old themselves.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Children seem to think that many bodily fluids are funny, while some are yucky. I have seen the chain reaction that occurs when one child in a group suffers emesis. It is sort of like the telephone game, though not any fun.

stvdv

Children seem to think that many bodily fluids are funny, while some are yucky. I have seen the chain reaction that occurs when one child in a group suffers emesis. It is sort of like the telephone game, though not any fun.
You talk about the age that parents already brainwashed the "yucky" words into them.

Hence I said "before being born":)

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You talk about the age that parents already brainwashed the "yucky" words into them.

Hence I said "before being born":)
I have no knowledge that a gestating fetus has much thought on the environment or conditions it exists in, but I suppose if they did, they would not see anything strange about.

Most of the comments about being yucky that I have heard from children are spontaneous and the result of their own ideas as near as I know. Of course, it is true that they learn behaviors and attitudes from adults, they are quite capable of having their very own as well.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
The advertising watchdog has dismissed hundreds of complaints about a TV commercial for sanitary products which depicts menstrual blood for the first time on Australian television.
Complaints ranged from bad taste to inappropriate to vilification and humiliation of women by publicising a private matter, to concern for children being too young to see blood running down a woman’s leg in the shower. But the board found the ad did not breach any standards in its code of ethics.(BBC)
I surely agree with the complaining parents.It surely is in bad taste depicting on TV such a natural occurrence. What next male masturbation?
BBC sounds suspiciously British but random jabs at Brits aside, do you have a link?
I haven’t watched regular TV since Netflix and the only ads I like are the over the top beer ones.