• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's World Cup 2006

Who will win the 2006 WC?

• France

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Italy

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Maize said:

For a while and it will always be there. But Zidane was a legend even before this World Cup. People are not just going to forget what a greatt footballer he was.

True, but I don't think he'll be remembered as a Pele, a Ronaldo, a Gerd Muller, or a Jurgen Klinsmann. But you are right, he won't be forever shamed, but at least allow me my own time of happiness. I at least need another two weeks to celebrate the Shame of Zidane. lol

Maize said:
Everyone knew Rooney was a hothead, he's sending off was not a surprise. Yes, he embarrassed his team, but I think the bigger embarrassment for the England side was how poorly they played throughout the tournement.

Also true. :) But wasn't the guy he stepped on his club teammate?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Radio Frequency X said:
True, but I don't think he'll be remembered as a Pele, a Ronaldo, a Gerd Muller, or a Jurgen Klinsmann. But you are right, he won't be forever shamed, but at least allow me my own time of happiness. I at least need another two weeks to celebrate the Shame of Zidane. lol

Also true. :) But wasn't the guy he stepped on his club teammate?
Not for long! Did you see him getting booed every time he got the ball? He's never going back to Man U... they won't have him... the fans would revolt.

Mystic-als

I think Ranaldo played the game like a long-tailed cat in a saw mill. He was pathetic. I agree he has skill but he looked like such a wimp. Everytime he got nearly touched he fell over.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
ChrisP said:
Not for long! Did you see him getting booed every time he got the ball? He's never going back to Man U... they won't have him... the fans would revolt.
He's not going anywhere, ManU isn't going to let him go.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Mystic-als said:
I think Ranaldo played the game like a long-tailed cat in a saw mill. He was pathetic. I agree he has skill but he looked like such a wimp. Everytime he got nearly touched he fell over.

Both Ronaldo's did that. So did every player on the Italian and French teams. The only teams that really played like men were Ghana, USA, and Australia, imo. They'd take shots and keep on going. But dives have become a big part of international football, so what are you going to do?

SoyLeche

meh...
I watched a bit of Glenn Beck tonight, and they were replaying Monday's show. They showed a bit of what he did on his radio show: He called France (I'm not sure who he was talking to), and was asking them about the World Cup. He asked if it was true that they only lost because they were expecting the Americans to come in half way through and bail them out :biglaugh: I love good France jokes

Mystic-als

zidaneox4.jpg

The Zidane way :D

ChrisP

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
I watched a bit of Glenn Beck tonight, and they were replaying Monday's show. They showed a bit of what he did on his radio show: He called France (I'm not sure who he was talking to), and was asking them about the World Cup. He asked if it was true that they only lost because they were expecting the Americans to come in half way through and bail them out :biglaugh: I love good France jokes
Shame the french don't like 'em half as much :rolleyes:

Anyone know any good Yank jokes?

And yeah Zombie, there was a certain element of theatre in Matterazzi's ?sp? collapse.