• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memory: Now what was I thinking?

What age were you for your very first childhood memory?

• Total voters

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
My first memory was @ my nanna's condo on my second birthday. I remember the mickey-mouse highchair, and the cake. It was a yellow cake with chocolate icing. It was really good!!!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My earliest is 3 - 6 months, at my old house, my brother and dad were working on the house, found a penny, gave it to me, and i swallowed it.
Im 19 right now.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
My mom thinks I am crazy for all the stuff I remember from when I was very young. My earliest memories are from about 1. Lets just say its over 2 decades ago! It is a curse and a blessing to remember so much I suppose.

BrandonE

King of Parentheses
I answered 3-4 though I have some extremely vague recollections that could be sooner. I'm not really sure how early my first clear memory is, but I'm sort of in the boat with Booko and whoever else said they don't remember much from their childhood. I have a spotty memory of childhood at best. My cousin on the other hand has a phenomenal memory that often surprises the family with the level of detail she recalls.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
BrandonE said:
My cousin on the other hand has a phenomenal memory that often surprises the family with the level of detail she recalls.
I have to admit that I am in the same boat as your cousin. I have a tremendous amount of memories from my pre-kindergarten period. It is sort of like I had a little mini-cam in my brain always recording... Curiously, I don't remember Chirstmas's or birthdays until I was quite a bit older (7 to 9). I remember a LOT of times of my sisters chasing me around the house over something I had just done to them. If you can believe it I was a bit of an imp.

finalfrogo

3-4 years, of a lesson I learned in preschool about red, yellow, and green traffic lights. I'm currently 16. Hm I think this is the first time I've revealed my age on RF. :D

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
YmirGF said:
I am putting this thread here, because I can't think of a better place to put it. If the mods can think of a more suitable location, feel free to move the thread.

The poll question is this:

What age were you at your very earliest childhood memory?

Pity that two choices could not be made. (First memory age; current age) as that might be interesting as well. If you like, and the memory is not painful, please feel free to tell us what your very earliest memory was and how old you were.
I was just over two years old. My parents and I (I was an only child at that point) were at a church function during the Christmas season. It was a Christmas dinner and program. My memory is of my father holding me in his arms at the back of the room. The room was dark except for the stage, which seemed so far away to me. It glowed with a kind of golden light and the people on stage were depicting the nativity scene. Obviously, I didn't realize that at the time, but I do remember that it was the first time I ever heard the song "Silent Night" sung.

My next earlier memory is from the following spring. I would have been just over 2 1/2 years old. My parents and I were in the front yard of our house. It was a warm spring day, probably early in June. They were planting pansies and I was playing nearby. I was wearing red shorts and a white bare-midriff top trimmed with white eyelet embroidery. To this day, I love pansies. I also love the colors I remember from that day: Yellow, purple and green. Finally, I have a real afinity for white eyelet embroidery.

I am positively amazed that so many people here can recall things from when they were less than a year old. That's absolutely incredible!

Peace4all

Maize said:
I'm not sure what I really remember and what I think I remember but really have just seen from photographs of when I was little.
Lol thats very true... but im 13 so i remember alot of my childhood but its slipping away :help: Im starting to get more homework every year!!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Peace4all said:
Lol thats very true... but im 13 so i remember alot of my childhood but its slipping away :help: Im starting to get more homework every year!!
HEHE. Yep, that is how it happens. You might REALLY appreciate it if you made a short journal now, while it is all fresh, for your amusement when you are my age. :) (An infantile 50 year old!)

I am still working through my old journals and am up to Dec. 1976. At the time it seemed so strange to be writing them. Now I see why I did. They are invaluable to writing my story. Trust me, you will never regret it.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Hey Paul,

It's been a while so I just wanted to say hi. Had a question for you ask a question of Mighty Mouse thread... but I forgot.

In truth my earliest memory is either falling down a flight of stairs or having our dog eat my ice-cream while I was sitting on the lawn... or it could be the hedge round our property... they're not really chronological that far back.

Hacker

DIdn't remember much before 5 years old except one time I was trying to get out of my crib, at the age of 2 and succeeded and I remember thinking wow , I can go wherever I want, and just wandered all around the house, lol.:p