• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meat is Murder, Dairy is Rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
michel said:
I couldn't agree more. I have come to the conclusion that eating anything that gows is equally as bad; as humans though, we need to eat. If ever the day comes when I can eat totally 'engineered' food, I must give thanks for the sacrifice that all living beings have made for me to live.

Forget the rape thing....that is absurd.
Oh I agree, Yes we do need to eat, and in my eye's ALL things that grow are living.
If I could live off fresh air alone, I surely would

A

angellous_evangellous

Jensa said:
It doesn't matter two flips if an animal is killed humanely if it's lived a terrible life.

I agree.

That's why I said:

The treatment of animals has also greatly improved in the slaugherhouses.

mr.guy

crapsack
It's worth noting that animals ethical exemption works two ways: they cannot be held to any standard that requires them to acknowlege ethics. Any law requiring large dogs to wear underpants would completely undermine that, though.

Magurk

xALFx Soldier
Someone said earlier that humans were higher than animals. In my mind we are not and we do not deserve the right to think so. If a cow eats grass it obviously has a will to live, it is not here to serve you, its here to live freely and safely.

I also recall someone posting that Mcdonalds uses products but doesnt know if the animals are being hurt. THey usually are. When it comes to commercial production animals well being are not taken highly.

A

angellous_evangellous

Magurk said:
Someone said earlier that humans were higher than animals. In my mind we are not and we do not deserve the right to think so. If a cow eats grass it obviously has a will to live, it is not here to serve you, its here to live freely and safely.

I also recall someone posting that Mcdonalds uses products but doesnt know if the animals are being hurt. THey usually are. When it comes to commercial production animals well being are not taken highly.

What about lions eating deer?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
If you choose not to eat meat, cool. But life is choices. I choose to eat meat. I choose to eat dairy products. I choose to live in ky. I choose to drive the car I drive. I don't force anyone to do what I think is proper.

Ori

Angel slayer
Magurk said:
If one was torturing an animal in front of me, yes i would kill them.

Yes Dairy is rape, the cows are hooked to machines and sucked of their milk. Their calfs are also sold to the dairy industry.

And yes i will force veganism onto people, its standing for something right and something that needs to be recognized.

So basically it's a case of peace by waving a gun around?

I agree that if an animal was being tortured for no reason I might kill too.

A

angellous_evangellous

Magurk said:
And yes i will force veganism onto people, its standing for something right and something that needs to be recognized.

A little advice: stay out of Texas.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
McDonald's doesn't control how the animals are treated, since they don't raise them.
Just what I heard. It wouldn't make since, but supposedly they look at everything to temputer, how much they are feed/watered everyday, to even an inspection to see if thier are any visible bruises.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
angellous_evangellous said:
The treatment of animals has also greatly improved in the slaugherhouses.
You're aware that animals aren't raised in slaughterhouses, right?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
angellous_evangellous said:
I am simply pointing out what dehumanisation does, and why ethicists recognize the difference between humans and animals, and how it is consistently applied.
And you pointed it out in a completely wrong context, which is why it is so ridiculous. As I already pointed out, I don't view humans as somehow less precious just because I find nonhuman animals to be equally precious.

A

angellous_evangellous

Jensa said:
You're aware that animals aren't raised in slaughterhouses, right?

My knowledge, though quite impressive, is not exhaustive.

I was aware of that, but I can see how my posts can be read otherwise. I will be more clear.

Slaughterhouses for cattle, for example, have been reconstructed so as to reduce fear and encourage the cows to walk willingly to their death. They are often sedated before slaughter.

I suspect that similar actions have been taken for pigs and other animals in the history of slaughterhouse construction.

A

angellous_evangellous

Jensa said:
And you pointed it out in a completely wrong context, which is why it is so ridiculous. As I already pointed out, I don't view humans as somehow less precious just because I find nonhuman animals to be equally precious.

You can be as inconsistent as you want to with your own personal ethic. However, when we try to apply an ethic to broader contexts, which is what ethics are designed for, the same ethic becomes the basis of genocide if it is consistently applied.

If we all accepted the radical absurd madness that animals are equal to humans, then we are dehumanising humans, which is the basis for genocide.

Status
Not open for further replies.