• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McConnell urges Senate GOP colleague to find common ground with Democrats on guns

We Never Know

No Slack
Will it happen?

McConnell urges Senate GOP colleague to find common ground with Democrats on guns

"WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said he has encouraged Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, to discuss the possibility of bipartisan action to address mass shootings with Democrats.

McConnell said on Thursday he had met with Cornyn, who flew back to Texas this week after a shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, west of San Antonio, left 19 children and two teachers dead.

"I’ve encouraged him to talk to Senator [Kyrsten] Sinema, Senator [Chris] Murphy and others who are interested in trying to get an outcome that’s directly related to the problem," he said in an interview with CNN, in reference to two Democrats who have called for bipartisan talks on gun safety legislation.

"And so I am hopeful that we could come up with a bipartisan solution that’s directly related to the facts of this awful massacre."

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Will it happen?

"WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said he has encouraged Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, to discuss the possibility of bipartisan action to address mass shootings with Democrats.

McConnell said on Thursday he had met with Cornyn, who flew back to Texas this week after a shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, west of San Antonio, left 19 children and two teachers dead.

"I’ve encouraged him to talk to Senator [Kyrsten] Sinema, Senator [Chris] Murphy and others who are interested in trying to get an outcome that’s directly related to the problem," he said in an interview with CNN, in reference to two Democrats who have called for bipartisan talks on gun safety legislation.

"And so I am hopeful that we could come up with a bipartisan solution that’s directly related to the facts of this awful massacre."

As your first words stated, "Will it happen?"

F1fan

Veteran Member
From what I have heard reported one or more of the House bills on gun safety need just 4 more republicans to pass a vote in the Senate. Might happen. I'm not sure which of the bills have a chance.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hopefully something good will come of it, but Republicans have shown what they mean by common ground and compromise.