• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May Be The Problem Is, That We Are Seeking For God In This Material World.

So far God has proven to be nothing palpable, nothing "material", nothing compose of the elements that we all know. I think that to believe in God is to have still some imagination and love in our hearts. I believe in God, i also believe that i'm not going to find It no-where but inside of me. God is an image of The Good, the Supreme, The perfect that we create for ourselves.
There are two worlds, one of the real, and one of the "unreal", the finite and the infinite, I believe that God is in that one of the Infinite, of the "Unreal", of those stuff that we imagine, God does exist because we keep him alive everyday. Because we never lose this innocense of believing in him. I say that anyone who does not believe in God(or a supreme being who is kind and guides you) has lost his own innocense completely.

see i am not saying that God does not exist, he does, He lives in me, He is that voice, that something that reflects our "good" side. that is why He made us to his image, Because He does, or rather, we make ourselves to His image...He exist, but i'm never going to find him in this world, nor outside in some remote place of the universe, he is in my mind, i create hIm, i feed from Him.........

i don't know it just came up to my mind........"Make the best God out of you"-me

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
God is that empty space between everything. The space between every molecule on earth and in the universe. The space within each and every cell of your body.

EnhancedSpirit said:
God is that empty space between everything. The space between every molecule on earth and in the universe. The space within each and every cell of your body.

What is space to you, Air?, oxygen?...there is not such thing as an "empty space", everything is full of life and everything interacts with each other, we just can't see everything, so we guess that is empty. So if what you are trying to say if that God is "space" you might say as well that he Is everything, the molecule on earth and the universe. You would rather say that he is each and every cell of my body....i mean, if that is what you were trying to say.....
isn't God a feeling????????????????

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Carlos Andres Restrepo said:
So if what you are trying to say if that God is "space" you might say as well that he Is everything, the molecule on earth and the universe. You would rather say that he is each and every cell of my body....i mean, if that is what you were trying to say.....
isn't God a feeling????????????????
I am saying that God is everything. God is the space between you and I. He is the space between the nucleus and the cell wall. As for God being a feeling. God is love, but not the love that humans experience on a daily basis. Human feelings are to God, like a thermometer is to temperature.

Emotions are a very important aspect of our relationship with God. But the OP was about seeking God in a material world, and my explaination of why it's so difficult for people be aware of God is because he is the space between that which you can see, or smell, or hear.

Understanding 'matter' helps us understand our relationship with God. Everything in the material world is a collection of molecules vibrating at a certain level. Happiness is your energy vibrating at high levels (which promotes physical and mental well being.) Unhappiness is a lower vibration (causes physical and mental illness).

EnhancedSpirit said:
I am saying that God is everything. God is the space between you and I. He is the space between the nucleus and the cell wall. As for God being a feeling. God is love, but not the love that humans experience on a daily basis. Human feelings are to God, like a thermometer is to temperature.

Emotions are a very important aspect of our relationship with God. But the OP was about seeking God in a material world, and my explaination of why it's so difficult for people be aware of God is because he is the space between that which you can see, or smell, or hear.

Understanding 'matter' helps us understand our relationship with God. Everything in the material world is a collection of molecules vibrating at a certain level. Happiness is your energy vibrating at high levels (which promotes physical and mental well being.) Unhappiness is a lower vibration (causes physical and mental illness).

I LOVE YOU!...DOES THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, BECAUSE IT DOES MAKE ME HAPPY, ISN'T GREAT EVERYTIME WE SAY IT?...YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU THANX FOR YOUR POST, GREAT IDEAS;)

Arben

God is real. He is the creator of the universe. He has revealed HImself in three ways over the centuries - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Father came up with a plan to save mankind from himself and the Son came to earth to implement the plan. He lived as a human and was crucified. He gave up His life willingly to pay the sin debt for us. He rose again and now sits by His Father in Heaven. He loves us, and if we believe that He died for our sins and rose again then all we have to do is ask Him to be our Lord to be saved, and have an eternal heavenly home with Him.

God's nature is loving and forgiving, but He also has a side that hates sin, and all those who reject Him will spend eternity In Hell. God does not want this but He will not allow anyone to spoil eternity for those who love HIm.

The problem is most people do NOT seek Him, but make up their own theories about Him, instead of reading about Him in the Bible. It is possible to know God, through Jesus Christ.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
ES said:

I LOVE YOU!...DOES THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, BECAUSE IT DOES MAKE ME HAPPY, ISN'T GREAT EVERYTIME WE SAY IT?...YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU THANX FOR YOUR POST, GREAT IDEAS;)
Yes, as a matter of fact, that does make me happy to hear that. We tend to shy away from love because it can be painful at times. We think we have to know someone to love them.

Anyone searching for God, can find him here in CAR's post, just read between the lines.

And Carlos, I love you more :p

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
see i am not saying that God does not exist, he does, He lives in me, He is that voice, that something that reflects our "good" side. that is why He made us to his image, Because He does, or rather, we make ourselves to His image...He exist, but i'm never going to find him in this world, nor outside in some remote place of the universe, he is in my mind, i create hIm, i feed from Him.........

I call that little voice "me", or perhaps my "conscience" or "daimon". I've never had any good reason to think it was something apart from my own mind.

eudaimonia,

Mark

So far God has proven to be nothing palpable, nothing "material", nothing compose of the elements that we all know. I think that to believe in God is to have still some imagination and love in our hearts. I believe in God, i also believe that i'm not going to find It no-where but inside of me. God is an image of The Good, the Supreme, The perfect that we create for ourselves.
There are two worlds, one of the real, and one of the "unreal", the finite and the infinite, I believe that God is in that one of the Infinite, of the "Unreal", of those stuff that we imagine, God does exist because we keep him alive everyday. Because we never lose this innocense of believing in him. I say that anyone who does not believe in God(or a supreme being who is kind and guides you) has lost his own innocense completely.

i don't know it just came up to my mind........"Make the best God out of you"-me

What you are saying in your post - in a rather clumsy and unwitting way - is something with which every rational person would agree. It can be summarised as follows: 'God is all in my mind'.

We know he is. And you are correct.

If you read my post The Christian Ventriloquist in General Religious Debates it will help to throw some light on your delusion.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Arben said:
God is real. He is the creator of the universe. He has revealed HImself in three ways over the centuries - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Father came up with a plan to save mankind from himself and the Son came to earth to implement the plan. He lived as a human and was crucified. He gave up His life willingly to pay the sin debt for us. He rose again and now sits by His Father in Heaven. He loves us, and if we believe that He died for our sins and rose again then all we have to do is ask Him to be our Lord to be saved, and have an eternal heavenly home with Him.

God's nature is loving and forgiving, but He also has a side that hates sin, and all those who reject Him will spend eternity In Hell. God does not want this but He will not allow anyone to spoil eternity for those who love HIm.

The problem is most people do NOT seek Him, but make up their own theories about Him, instead of reading about Him in the Bible. It is possible to know God, through Jesus Christ.

God's nature is loving and forgiving, but He also has a side that hates sin, and all those who reject Him will spend eternity In Hell

I would be fascinated to see your 'denomination' (the faith you follow). If the above is a true reflection of what you believe, and the choice was still open to me, I would want to have nothing to do with your God. Why ? because he would be two faced.

It is possible to know God, through Jesus Christ.

Now that, I agree with, whole heartedly.
Can you honestly imagine Jesus turning people away from heaven, because they hadn't subscribed to believe in him ?..................I certainly can't.

St. Thomas

Now let`s get one thing straight, before I start.
I may call HIM `GOD` here in this forum, but I just might as well have chosen the name `ALLAH`, or `JHWH`. I chose to use `GOD` because it is the best known, most widely used name for HIM. By using this name, all here will understand who I am talking about.

Now, about your point.
You base your entire argumentation on the assumption that "if it can`t be perceived, then it must not be there".
When is exactly the last time you perceived an atom(for example). I guess never. Still this `reality` as you prefer to call it, is packed to the brim with them.
Yes, science CAN prove the existence of atoms. But can science provide proof for the existence of love? No, still it is `there`!
See what I mean?
IMHO it also has nothing to do with `real` and `unreal` worlds. It is all a matter of the frequency with which the energy (out of which each entity exists) vibrates. The faster the vibration, the harder it is to perceive by those of a `lower vibration frequency`. Just think of water. In it`s solid form (ice) it is easily perceived. It`s atoms vibrate at a very low frequency, when it is in this state.
Heat up that ice and it will turn into water(with a higher vibration frequency than ice). Still fairly easy to perceive, but a little harder to grab hold of.
Now heat it up some more and it evaporates and takes on a new form(gas), with the coherent, even higher vibration frequency of the same atoms we started out with. But now, we can`t see it, hear it, taste it, smell it or touch it.
In this example the only constant factor is the observer. It`s not the waters fault it can no longer be perceived by the observer and it most certainly hasen`t disappeared. It is still `there`.

St. Thomas said:
Now let`s get one thing straight before I go on. I say GOD, because it is the most comonley used name for HIM, but I just might as well have said ALLAH, or JHWH.
To me it`s all just a bunch of letters. The meaning of them differs per individual.
That`s why I think not one of them can be HIS real name. The name is of no importance. What is, is the intention with which you use that name.

But back to you`re point. You base your statement under the assumption that if it can not be perceived, it is not there. Or at least not `real`.

I apologize, i did not mean to post this from the point of view of a christian. I know God is just letters, is just a name. That is what i say, that people is looking for "someone" with that name. "God" could be a feeling, couldn't He?

that is what i mean, we are looking for a "God" somewhere. Maybe God is just inside of us, he does not live anywhere, there is not such thing as heaven. I think that the peace of heaven can be reached in here on earth. We are just to lazy so we rather wait till we die to get to this beautiful place, instead of trying to change the things in here........may be that is all about, maybe (thinking as a christian now) the heaven or hell that is waiting for us is right here, you decide what you want to make out of your life.............

now, is love real??????????....is happiness real???????......we don't see it right? they are not part of the human perception trhought eyes. YOu feel those things. it doesn't mean they are real. the same i think with God, he has to be something like our feelings, something that we cannot see, because when we see we are really seeing from the point of view of society. for example when we see a nice shirt, we like it because society tells us that is nice. if we see a picazzo paint, we like it because society tells us that is beautiful, almost noone says: what the hell was picazo thinking about?, that paint is hideous!..........the same with everything, we have to see throught the eyes of the feelings, of your spirit, that is why God is not going to be introduce to us in a material way, but in an incredible spiritual extasi........is just my opinion

St. Thomas

I apologize, i did not mean to post this from the point of view of a christian. I know God is just letters, is just a name. That is what i say, that people is looking for "someone" with that name. "God" could be a feeling, couldn't He?

that is what i mean, we are looking for a "God" somewhere. Maybe God is just inside of us, he does not live anywhere, there is not such thing as heaven. I think that the peace of heaven can be reached in here on earth. We are just to lazy so we rather wait till we die to get to this beautiful place, instead of trying to change the things in here........may be that is all about, maybe (thinking as a christian now) the heaven or hell that is waiting for us is right here, you decide what you want to make out of your life.............

now, is love real??????????....is happiness real???????......we don't see it right? they are not part of the human perception trhought eyes. YOu feel those things. it doesn't mean they are real. the same i think with God, he has to be something like our feelings, something that we cannot see, because when we see we are really seeing from the point of view of society. for example when we see a nice shirt, we like it because society tells us that is nice. if we see a picazzo paint, we like it because society tells us that is beautiful, almost noone says: what the hell was picazo thinking about?, that paint is hideous!..........the same with everything, we have to see throught the eyes of the feelings, of your spirit, that is why God is not going to be introduce to us in a material way, but in an incredible spiritual extasi........is just my opinion

In your opinion, what constitutes something to be `material`?

is easier for me to say what is not material; our feelings, happiness, love, hate, our dreams, the past and the future. just the things we imagine. i believe i imagine God, and i believe in it.

St. Thomas

is easier for me to say what is not material; our feelings, happiness, love, hate, our dreams, the past and the future. just the things we imagine. i believe i imagine God, and i believe in it.

Ok by me, but then still arises the question:
What is it, from your point of view, that makes certain things(for example those mentioned by you above) belong to the catagory "unreal", or as you called it "not material?

they are real, they are very real. But perhaps, they are not feel it with our simple senses. The same with God. you can't touch it, smell it, or see it. you can feel it......but i realy don't know, and now since i don't know i rather tell you you are right, i will keep thinking about it....