• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 24:40-42 and Paying the Piedpiper

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No place like a home free of fundies, indeed!
O king, live forever. guard the treasure of your keep.

they can never loosen the strings of the heart except they submit in kind.

had they known at what hour the fool would come, ...........................

cataway

the problem i find with the Rapture is the thought that every one who calls them selves christian one day get removed from earth . that simply does not fit with all other scripture .
(Matthew 5:5) “Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth." this verse speaks to the vast majority of people that believe that Jesus is the Christ.
yes there are some that will be going to be with Jesus in heaven . they will be helping Jesus to then govern the earth through the 1000 year period of his kingdom rule . scripture does speak of the last of these people that would yet be alive who would at some point in the future being collected.
does this mean that there will be a “rapture” ?? Many would like to believe that . according to this teaching, that Christians will be bodily caught up from the earth, they also expect that Jesus will visibly return to rule the earth. however, the Bible clearly shows that “the sign of the Son of man” will appear in heaven and that Jesus will come “on the clouds of heaven.” (Matt. 24:30) both of these expressions imply invisibility or unseen . So those who will be taken to heaven will first need to be “changed, in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet.” so, while we do not use the term “rapture” here because of its wrong connotation.

cataway

then how do the dead bury the dead? obviously the body is still mobile in some; so then what is dead if it's not speaking of the body, the flesh?
no . actually you are having a misunderstanding of what Jesus was saying

Etritonakin

the passage explains that both pair are in the body and basically alive on earth. why would you want to raise the body up at the last day; when the flesh counts for nothing?

aren't you confusing regeneration with resurrection?

At the first resurrection, the dead in Christ are raised first -then the living in Christ are caught up with them...

and they will then be made immortal -no longer flesh.....

1 Cir 15:50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Phil 3:21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

cataway

then how do the dead bury the dead? obviously the body is still mobile in some; so then what is dead if it's not speaking of the body, the flesh?
Then another of the disciples said to him: “Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father.” 22 Jesus said to him: “Keep following me, and let the dead bury their dead.”
“Let the dead bury their dead,” Jesus replies, “but you go away and declare abroad the kingdom of God.” The man’s father evidently had not yet died, for if he had, it would be unlikely that his son would be here listening to Jesus. The son apparently is asking for time to await his father’s death. He is not prepared to put the Kingdom of God first in his life.
As they proceed on the road toward Jerusalem, another man tells Jesus: “I will follow you, Lord; but first permit me to say good-bye to those in my household.”
In answer Jesus says: “No man that has put his hand to a plow and looks at the things behind is well fitted for the kingdom of God.” Those who will be Jesus’ disciples must have their eyes focused on Kingdom service. Just as a furrow likely will become crooked if the plowman does not keep looking straight ahead, so anyone who looks behind at this old system of things may well stumble off the road leading to life.

Etritonakin

ah so they get to go to heaven and then get kicked out and have to go back to the earth ?
The meek shall inherit THE EARTH.

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Ezek 34:23And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. 24And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. 25And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.

Ezek 37:25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore

Later, the children of God will also inherit the entire universe....

Isa 45:18For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Rom 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. 22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time.

Last edited:

cataway

The meek shall inherit THE EARTH.

Later, the children of God will also inherit the entire universe....

Isa 45:18For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Rom 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. 22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time.
the meek will inherit the universe ? i have no reason to believe man will ever leave the earth

Etritonakin

the meek will inherit the universe ? i have no reason to believe man will ever leave the earth
It is nearly impossible for MAN to leave the Earth in any practical, feasible -much less enjoyable -way.

Humans will continue to reproduce on Earth -and will continue to be made immortal -given a body which is not bound to Earth.
Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.

John 3:4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

cataway

It is nearly impossible for MAN to leave the Earth in any practical, feasible -much less enjoyable -way.

Humans will continue to reproduce on Earth -and will continue to be made immortal -given a body which is not bound to Earth.
Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.

John 3:4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
i often wonder why people continue to use bibles with archaic language.
in today's English it reads.
John 3:8 ''The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who has been born from the spirit.”
Jesus knew that understanding spiritual truths is not easy. So in order to make things clearer, he used an illustration about the wind. “The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So is everyone that has been born from the spirit.” (John 3:8) Nicodemus could hear, feel, and see the effects of the wind, but he could not understand its source or its final destination. Yet, the reality of the wind was beyond question. Similarly, those who lack spiritual insight would find it difficult to grasp how Jehovah, by means of his spirit, could cause a person to be born again and what the ultimate destiny of such a one would be. However, with the help of inspired Bible writers, we can comprehend such matters.—John 16:13.

What did Jesus have in mind when he spoke about being “born from water and spirit”? Birth means beginning. A new birth means a new beginning. In the case of Jesus’ disciples, their first step toward being born again began once they repented of their sins, turned away from a wrong course, and were baptized in water. Starting at Pentecost 33 C.E., in response to such action, Jehovah gave them what Peter referred to as “a new birth to a living hope . . . reserved in the heavens.” (1 Peter 1:3, 4; 3:21) Jehovah’s holy spirit implanted in them a conviction that they would eventually live with Jesus Christ in heaven. This gave them a whole new outlook on life—a new beginning.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
At the first resurrection, the dead in Christ are raised first -then the living in Christ are caught up with them...

and they will then be made immortal -no longer flesh.....

1 Cir 15:50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Phil 3:21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
the resurrection has to do with the Spirit and not the body. regeneration has to do with the body.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Then another of the disciples said to him: “Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father.” 22 Jesus said to him: “Keep following me, and let the dead bury their dead.”
“Let the dead bury their dead,” Jesus replies, “but you go away and declare abroad the kingdom of God.” The man’s father evidently had not yet died, for if he had, it would be unlikely that his son would be here listening to Jesus. The son apparently is asking for time to await his father’s death. He is not prepared to put the Kingdom of God first in his life.
As they proceed on the road toward Jerusalem, another man tells Jesus: “I will follow you, Lord; but first permit me to say good-bye to those in my household.”
In answer Jesus says: “No man that has put his hand to a plow and looks at the things behind is well fitted for the kingdom of God.” Those who will be Jesus’ disciples must have their eyes focused on Kingdom service. Just as a furrow likely will become crooked if the plowman does not keep looking straight ahead, so anyone who looks behind at this old system of things may well stumble off the road leading to life.
when the spirit is born into a body it is entombed in the grave. not everyone awakens to this. that is the first death and those who wake from it are raised to everlasting life. the apocalypse is about self. the uncovering, the great reveal by the name.

time to wakee wakee.

cataway

if god destroyed the temple in jerusalem, what do you think he'll do to the watch tower and its leading the sheep astray?
God did not destroy the temple. thats something the Romans did . please read the bible

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
the problem isn't man leaving earth. the problem is man believing the absolute doesn't exist here and now

i will dwell in the house of the lord forever. in my fathers house there are many such keeps. nothing exists/is apart from it.

o man you have divided yourself for a fall

judges 8:9

Last edited:

cataway

when the spirit is born into a body it is entombed in the grave. not everyone awakens to this. that is the first death and those who wake from it are raised to everlasting life. the apocalypse is about self. the uncovering, the great reveal by the name.

time to wakee wakee.
please .you have got to tell us where you get all your half-cocked ideas . please read the bible