• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matthew 16:28

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Does one mean, if I have correctly understood, that the Christians invented the term " Apologetics" and used it as " Lying for Jesus" or " Lying in the name of Jesus " as did Hellenist Paul acknowledge*, please?:
*Romans 3:7 King James Version
7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
ROMANS 3:7 KJV "For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"

Right?
Apologetics is an English term. I do not know what term defenders of the faith would use in non-English speaking countries. Maybe your countries do not have such rather disgusting people. So it is incorrect to only use the term "Christians" when you speak of who invented the term. And they did not openly agree to becoming liars, but that is what it became over the years when it became obvious that certain claims in the Bible were false.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Apologetics is an English term. I do not know what term defenders of the faith would use in non-English speaking countries. Maybe your countries do not have such rather disgusting people. So it is incorrect to only use the term "Christians" when you speak of who invented the term. And they did not openly agree to becoming liars, but that is what it became over the years when it became obvious that certain claims in the Bible were false.
I amend my post one responded, please. Right?
Regards