• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mathematical Proof of God?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As that, the limit of your ability to count. You can take off your shoes and continue counting.

You are worthy with a touch of humor of this insult.

And yet another insult, i think I'll get staff involved to moderate.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Laws describing the quantum world are time symmetric, in the sense that they can be used to describe the same processes run forward or backward. While retrocausal theories tend to provoke more than a few incredulous stares, physicists keep revisiting this area.

https://phys.org/news/2017-07-physicists-retrocausal-quantum-theory-future.html

First of all, that is not a real-world example but instead a wildly speculative hypothetical that is currently only being entertained by a small minority of physicists.

Secondly, that paper does not say what you are pretending it is saying...
First line of the third paragraph: "First, to clarify what retrocausality is and isn't: It does not mean that signals can be communicated from the future to the past"

Third, even if we are going to be very superficial about this and pretend it IS talking about causality, then still it is dealing with temporal contexts. Because for there to be a "past", time needs to exist.

This paper is still dealing with stuff IN the universe.
While the "causality" argument from religious apologetics is trying to make claims about a context where the universe does NOT exist.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Considering multiverse hypothesis are untestable and hence unfalsifiable how are they science instead of pure speculation?

Just pointing out: a multi-verse is not so much a hypothesis as it is a prediction from other theories / hypothesis.

It is not some idea that some physicist came up with. Instead, it's something that is suggested / predicted by actual theories that deal with the universe. Like inflation theory.

To put it in extremely simplistic terms...
Consider the following.
We have a theory that says that A is bigger then B and B is bigger then C.
Suppose we have no way of testing / measuring if A is bigger or smaller then C.
Nevertheless, from the theory a prediction naturally flows that A should be bigger then C.

"A > C" would be the equivalent of the multi-verse.
Not directly testable, but if the theory about A >B and B > C is correct, then it follows that A > C.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
2 something can be science and "not falsifiable " falsifiablility is useful but not completely necessary , you can have an unfalsifiable model and this model could still be scientifically valid and sound ...... for example the claim that humans and bannas share a common ancestor is unfalsifiable, but is still a valid claim

That claim is very testable and falsifiable through genetics.

Being willfully ignorant about that is not going to change that fact.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
There are many possible (debatable examples) but I don’t need a real observable example in order to show my point.

:rolleyes:

in other words: you have no such example.

As an analogy you can’t show an example of life coming form none life, but we know that necessarily at some point (somehow) this event happened.

Because we know that at some point life didn't exist and then later on it did.

This analogy is ridiculous.
That life at some point, in some way, originated is a fact. A demonstrable fact.

Cause and effects can be simultaneous there is no other option.

Bare assertion with no evidence and no facts to support it.

There are only 3 options

I sense a false trichotomy coming up.

Ether time had a cause

Nonsensical statement.
It's like talking about north of the north.

or time has always existed form infinite past or time doesn’t exist (please let me know if there is a fourth option)

Time is a property of the universe.
All your options are wrong since they all ignore that fact.

1 If time has a cause, then both the cause and the effect began to exist at T=0

Nonsensical statement.

2 if time has always existed form infinite past then and cause that occurred an infinite amount of time ago would be simultaneous with its effect (for example Kant talks about a heavy ball resting on a couch form infinite past causing a curvature in the couch ) the cause (ball resting on the couch) and the effect (the curvature) are simultaneous there is no period of time where the caus existed and the effect didn’t

Nonsensical statement.

3 if time doesn’t exist and it is just a human construct, then time is subjective and I can apply any rules that I personally like, including simultaneous causation

Nonsensical statement.

Again, all 3 points ignore that time is a property of the universe. Just like space is.
Why do think that the universe is also called "space-time"?

So no matter what your view is, simultaneous cause and effect have to be real

Bare assertion based on nonsensical statement. And from the looks of it: also based on intellectually dishonest willful ignorance.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Ok what would falsify the claim that bananas and humans share a common ancestor?

We have previously in many many threads referenced scientific the common ancestry of humans references concerning the genetic and paleontological evidence of common ancestry and you have ignored the evidence and failed to respond. Your agenda is Biblical only and NOT remotely related to science. As a matter of fact, you reject science concerning many facts of the history of life,our earth and the universe, You do not even understand what it means to falsify a hypothesis based on Methodological Naturalism ;

leroy

:rolleyes:

Because we know that at some point life didn't exist and then later on it did.

This analogy is ridiculous.
That life at some point, in some way, originated is a fact. A demonstrable fact

In the same way we know (with high degree of certainty ) that the universe originated

I sense a false trichotomy coming up.
But you will not offer a fourth alterative, so unless you do provide another option the trichology will be taken as real.

Again, all 3 points ignore that time is a property of the universe. Just like space is.
Why do think that the universe is also called "space-time"?
No, all the alternatives that I provided are happy to accept that time is part of the universe.

Bare assertion based on nonsensical statement. And from the looks of it: also based on intellectually dishonest willful ignorance.
But offered no solution to the point that I raised.

“it doesn’t matter if the universe (including time) had a cause or if it´s eternal or if time is just man made subjective concept in all 3 cases simultaneous cause and effect have to be a reality.

And given that you offered no 4th alternative nor refuted any of the 3 points my point remains solid and valid.

leroy

We have previously in many many threads referenced scientific the common ancestry of humans references concerning the genetic and paleontological evidence of common ancestry and you have ignored the evidence and failed to respond. Your agenda is Biblical only and NOT remotely related to science. As a matter of fact, you reject science concerning many facts of the history of life,our earth and the universe, You do not even understand what it means to falsify a hypothesis based on Methodological Naturalism ;
Nobody is denying that there is solid and conclusive evidence for the claim that humans and bananas have a common ancestor

All I am saying is that the claim is not falsifiable. And the fact that you didn’t offered an example of something that would falsify that claim strongly suggest that I am right

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Nobody is denying that there is solid and conclusive evidence for the claim that humans and bananas have a common ancestor.

That was not your question

All I am saying is that the claim is not falsifiable. And the fact that you didn’t offered an example of something that would falsify that claim strongly suggest that I am right

You lack any knowledge of the science related to evolution and the falsification of hypotheses. Your assertions are based on a Biblical agenda only. You have never presented a scientific per reviewed source to justify your claims,

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Yes, all religion is against unity.

A kind and peaceful faction is still a faction.

Most religions claim to be peaceful, that it's all about love etc.., this is never the reality. Once someone imagines they know what a deity wants, they invariably try to coerce others into living according their own beliefs, we see it all the time.

Kharisym

Ok what would falsify the claim that bananas and humans share a common ancestor?

I didn't read page 2 through 12, so please forgive me if this is a meaningless response, but...

The idea of humans and bananas sharing a common ancestor is a conclusion from the idea of universal common ancestry--that all life on the planet shares a common ancestor. To prove that bananas and humans do not share a common ancestor, you must show that one or the other is not part of the family tree of this planet. A secret ancient laboratory with notes on the original creation of bananas, or finding evidence of bananas on another planet prior to their emergence on our planet would disprove this hypothesis of common descent for humans and bananas.

May I invite you to my secret banana laboratory?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
No humans is exact by terms when humans as intelligence is thought upon. When I had not existed as a human.....the status what was existing is stated. Exact. Only because you do exist exactly placed first.

The created existence is thought upon. No human. No numbers just mass of anything exists.

Intelligence exact no argument.

A human applied factoring. Lying says I do to add first + and it's positive. A lie. Positive is natural highest.

Natural present is created creation highest greatest coldest. So he says zero. Owns no status to define as created creation is great.

Said by humans intelligence as I know I'm intelligent versus scientific just humans thinking.... also .....machine liars. Intent is what I want is first. Not what is natural.

So it's Human controlled only. Who were told they act in human behaviour as coercive liars by use of humans only words first. About states they named as a human.

Yet no words were said first and natural existed first and not words. Unnamed.

Just themes stories are human said.

Legal position of a natural humans life continuance the argument. Purpose to save humanity from human scientists machine status only.

A man. Agreed by human brother said falsely by two. Two brothers false agreement position. Legal.

In human life by two with God is in life a man human and woman human. Exact and legal. Natural life first.

He taught I'm wrong. I taught Satanism. Man's confession. Science. I changed the nature garden with God and my human life.

Legal statement a confession.

So when we had human sex after reactive science our inherited human baby life proved men of science had changed the God heavens holiness. Life support. The teaching.

Eviction of human biology notified by sex sin.

The legal teaching that any as all nations had agreed. Jesus teaching. Stated. Men had theoried mass change as an energy reaction. No man owned the mass.

So position calculus first lies.

You then calculate against a mass reaction yet you only apply a machine controlled small reaction.

Then mass what you calculated against first is eventually changed in nature. Life gets destroyed. Machines blow up.

The teaching already legally taught was against scientists. Was already legally advised by actual intelligent humans. Not theists.

No human owned mass first position theist.

Mass is the agreed energy position natural terms.

Man wasn't using mass status in machines reaction.

Sun origin made sin holes as reactive ground earth. Man inside machine reaction calculates small holes to do reaction. Equals eventual same position.

So ground theists lied as no life began in lights origin earth position ground chemistry change as sink holes had.

Life had not began then.

What lying as science meant.

Teaching nature garden grounded in exact natural position ground as life first and is not a human. So dont theory against it.

Legal terms of the legal system to allow human life's equal mutuality to exist. Against man's history of chosen unlawful coercion of the rich man scientist owned forced beginnings.

As the teaching is human versus theist human satanist. Science.