• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary's apparitions

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This thread has two goals: first to share opinions about the role of Mary and second to discuss about the apparitions, that only the Catholic Church approves.

As a Catholic I think that Mary is a very important figure in Christianity. I dare to say that she's as important as Jesus. Because without her, Jesus would have never existed.
Besides I do believe in Medjugorje apparitions, because my heart acknowledges that the words written in those messages derive from God
But Mary is not God's messenger. She has the free will so she decides to appear spontaneously, without God's approval. Because she loves us

outhouse

Atheistically
What credibility do any of your statements carry outside mythology?

The gospels were not written by any eyewitnesses, do you believe every word of the NT, and if not, why give credibility to this part?

Do you understand that the whole virgin part may be a purposeful mistranlation of the word maiden used by the gospel attributed to matthew?

ametist

Thats lovely. :) i am using my mobile and cant give frubals but still i wanted to say that i liked your post, it has a unique approach.:)
I think mary has importance in quran too. I remember her being the only woman whose name is mentioned in whole of quran. They can correct me if i am wrong though.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I love the Blessed Virgin. I often wear her medal (I am right now). She is the new Eve, just as Jesus is the new Adam. Without Mary humbling herself and following God's plan, our Salvation would not have been won. She submitted to God out of trust and so the Mission of Redemption of humanity went into motion on Earth, just as Eve disobeyed God and the Fall of Man went into motion.

She reminds me to always trust in God and to have hope, even when you don't quite understand what is happening and to strive to be chaste. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I love the Blessed Virgin. I often wear her medal (I am right now). She is the new Eve, just as Jesus is the new Adam. Without Mary humbling herself and following God's plan, our Salvation would not have been won. She submitted to God out of trust and so the Mission of Redemption of humanity went into motion on Earth, just as Eve disobeyed God and the Fall of Man went into motion.

She reminds me to always trust in God and to have hope, even when you don't quite understand what is happening and to strive to be chaste. :)

well, you are perfectly right. But I see more in Mary. Mary appeared to an Italian woman for ten years, in the fifties. She revealed that Mary is the one who has destroyed the concept of "nullification" of mankind. That is, she has believed in the potentialities of mankind and in the project of God on Earth. She was elected for that reason: she crushed the snake's head, that means that she erased Satan from her life. But we all are able to do that, if we want.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
well, you are perfectly right. But I see more in Mary. Mary appeared to an Italian woman for ten years, in the fifties. She revealed that Mary is the one who has destroyed the concept of "nullification" of mankind. That is, she has believed in the potentialities of mankind and in the project of God on Earth. She was elected for that reason: she crushed the snake's head, that means that she erased Satan from her life. But we all are able to do that, if we want.

Which alleged apparitions were these?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Which alleged apparitions were these?

Well, the seer is Angela Volpini. She saw Mary when she was only seven years old. Mary told her "I've come to teach you humans how to be happy in Earth". And then she showed to her (through a heart-to-heart communication) what happiness consists in. It consists in 1) choosing to love all mankind 2) identifying in oneself because we all are unique and unrepeatable beings.

This message is exactly the reason why I became Pelagian. Because I've understood that we can use our free will to change the world into a Heaven on Earth. And that we can erase sin from our nature, as Mary did. Through universal love. If we do, we become autonomous from God and we save ourselves without his help.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did any of these apparitions introduce themselves? How do we know they were Mary and not some 12th C Polish fishwife?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, the seer is Angela Volpini. She saw Mary when she was only seven years old. Mary told her "I've come to teach you humans how to be happy in Earth". And then she showed to her (through a heart-to-heart communication) what happiness consists in. It consists in 1) choosing to love all mankind 2) identifying in oneself because we all are unique and unrepeatable beings.

This message is exactly the reason why I became Pelagian. Because I've understood that we can use our free will to change the world into a Heaven on Earth. And that we can erase sin from our nature, as Mary did. Through universal love. If we do, we become autonomous from God and we save ourselves without his help.

I've never heard of her.

Mary was not sinless through any action of her own. God exempted her from Original Sin. We cannot save ourselves through our own work. But you know you're a heretic and not really a Catholic, anyway.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've never heard of her.

Mary was not sinless through any action of her own. God exempted her from Original Sin. We cannot save ourselves through our own work. But you know you're a heretic and not really a Catholic, anyway.

Well, also this seer must be a heretic, then. Because she and I agree on everything.
Mary is the image of our potentialities. We all can become like her; she's the most courageous and daring woman in history.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Did any of these apparitions introduce themselves? How do we know they were Mary and not some 12th C Polish fishwife?

Yes, she told her: I'm Mary, Jesus' mother.
But Angela identified her as "fulfillment of mankind" at the very first.

Fulfillment of mankind means that she's the perfection that we all men can attain. She's not a privileged human being, because our goal on Earth is to become like her. She became God's mother because she believed that man can become sinless and perfect. and...she did.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Mary to me is a metaphor, representing the pure essence within, from there the Christ consciousness is born, the virgin also represents the inner being that has not touched the outside world, or carnal self, to me it makes sense in this light.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Mary to me is a metaphor, representing the pure essence within, from there the Christ consciousness is born, the virgin also represents the inner being that has not touched the outside world, or carnal self, to me it makes sense in this light.

That is really interesting. Beautiful thought.