• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary Magdalene, “Apostle to the Apostles,” Given Equal Dignity to Apostles in Feast

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The Gnostic texts are almost incomprehensible to any one not tutored in Gnostic imagery and linguistics.
Their meanings are probably intentionally obscure so as to only be intelligible to the initiated.
To read and understand them in direct translation, is to confer on them meanings far from those intended.
Few people have any concept at all as to their meanings.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
1. Yes.
2. Liars are liars. Satan has been a liar from the beginning. That those dispute the Gospel are those that wish to deceive.
3. I'm not looking to win anything. I simply speak the truth and expose Satan for the liar he is.

Catholic scholars, know as well as all the other scholars of the scriptures, that their authorship is problematic.
However whilst they do not have the clear authority of Authorship, they do have the Authority of the church.

The understanding and confirmation of details, with in the various scriptures, are difficult to reconcile with each other.
This is no more so, than the comparison of any eyewitness accounts of today's events or histories. All such remembrances and accounts vary from the perspective of the raconteur. They are not so much edited, as recollections of the particular events seen by the witness. This become even further refined when seen through the mind of collated stories, from other eyewitnesses. Such variations do not make an account untrue, if anything, they reinforce its reality and authenticity.

Aiviu

The Gnostic texts are almost incomprehensible to any one not tutored in Gnostic imagery and linguistics.
Their meanings are probably intentionally obscure so as to only be intelligible to the initiated.
To read and understand them in direct translation, is to confer on them meanings far from those intended.
Few people have any concept at all as to their meanings.

I not easy ok. but also not that difficult. There stands what i want to hear and what i dont want to hear. its to prove what i know.

Kapyong

Disgusted
Gday Aiviu and all :)

Thanks. http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html ... Are the [ ... ] parts physically missing or unreadable?
EDIT: oh, i found two other translators on the same site who filled the gaps.

Yes, those lacunae (gaps) are physically absent (possibly eaten by ants?)

So it's an intriguing mystery as to just where Jesus kissed Mary.
But it seems highly likely that 'lips' or 'mouth' are correct - this IS a family Gospel after all.

Kapyong

Kapyong

Disgusted
Gday Priestess of Lucifer and all :)

Hm I see then.

Just to be clear -
Although it is generally agreed that much of G.Mark comes from the Tanakh,

I go further and take the minority view that Jesus was a entirely myth.
That G.Mark was religious literature based on :
  • The Jewish scriptures (Tanakh, in Greek - the LXX)
  • Paul's writings
  • Greek myths
That Jesus Christ belief developed from a non-historical beginning in several phases :
  1. Jesus Christ was initially a purely heavenly or spiritual being - with a few details known to an early mystery-like cult of proto-Christians which included a Peter, and a James entitled 'brother of the Lord';

2. expanded by Paul's visionary journey to Paradise in the Third Heaven - to a son-of-God who really was crucified, died, buried, and finally resurrected - all in Paradise in the Third Heaven;

3. further expanded into a grand religious myth by the seminal Gospel of Mark - woven from the Jewish scriptures and the Greek mysteries - so good it was copied and expanded by others.
The Gospels and their stories spread slowly among the earlier Jesus Christ communities, and were increasingly thought to be historical. There was no conspiracy, no hoax, no fraud or lies - just a series of beliefs and mis-understandings and gullibility turning a heavenly or mythical being into a supposedly historical person.

You can read more here :
http://kapyong.5gbfree.com/ParadiseTheory.html

Kapyong

Kapyong

Disgusted

Hi Kapyong,
Huh?! hmm? What do you mean by that?

Well, I certainly wouldna want to offend -

but I was partly making a NSFW joke,
and partly referring to other kisses such as at the base of the spine - sometimes associated with esoteric practices.

Kapyong

Aiviu

Well, I certainly wouldna want to offend -

but I was partly making a NSFW joke,
and partly referring to other kisses such as at the base of the spine - sometimes associated with esoteric practices.

Kapyong

*urg* ok i got it.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Gday Priestess of Lucifer and all :)

Just to be clear -
Although it is generally agreed that much of G.Mark comes from the Tanakh,

I go further and take the minority view that Jesus was a entirely myth.
That G.Mark was religious literature based on :
  • The Jewish scriptures (Tanakh, in Greek - the LXX)
  • Paul's writings
  • Greek myths
That Jesus Christ belief developed from a non-historical beginning in several phases :
  1. Jesus Christ was initially a purely heavenly or spiritual being - with a few details known to an early mystery-like cult of proto-Christians which included a Peter, and a James entitled 'brother of the Lord';

2. expanded by Paul's visionary journey to Paradise in the Third Heaven - to a son-of-God who really was crucified, died, buried, and finally resurrected - all in Paradise in the Third Heaven;

3. further expanded into a grand religious myth by the seminal Gospel of Mark - woven from the Jewish scriptures and the Greek mysteries - so good it was copied and expanded by others.
The Gospels and their stories spread slowly among the earlier Jesus Christ communities, and were increasingly thought to be historical. There was no conspiracy, no hoax, no fraud or lies - just a series of beliefs and mis-understandings and gullibility turning a heavenly or mythical being into a supposedly historical person.

You can read more here :
http://kapyong.5gbfree.com/ParadiseTheory.html

Kapyong

I bet you believe in conspiracy theories too.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Gday all,

Another drive-by one-liner ?

BTW -
Do you believe rich and powerful people never conspire ?

Kapyong

It really only rated a one-liner

The concept that Jesus was a put up job by the rich and powerful is even more ludicrous.
And is not really related to the topic of the thread.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Therefore?

Actually this is a rather intriguing news Item, and quite a departure from previous thought.
Not least because it brings closer the question of the Authority of women in the church.
In virtually every way an Apostle holds far greater authority than a bishop or priest.
And by association, was even used as a measure in the selection of scripture included in the biblical cannon.
Accepting that Mary Magdalene is on at least the same level as her male brethren Is a step that has been avoided for over 2000 years.

Kapyong

Disgusted
Gday Terrywoodenpic and all,

It really only rated a one-liner
The concept that Jesus was a put up job by the rich and powerful is even more ludicrous.
And is not really related to the topic of the thread.

Well,
I'm glad you agree with me.

That concept is indeed ridiculous, and has nothing to do with what I wrote at all.
Don't members here read posts before commenting ?

Kapyong