• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Martin Luther once wrote...

alive

Martin Luther wrote of Christianity that the church,

“…once the holiest of all, has become the most licentious den of thieves, the most shameless of all brothels, the kingdom of sin, death, and hell.
It is so bad that even Antichrist himself, if he should come, could think of nothing to add to its wickedness”

do you feel the same 'condition' remain in the christian church today?
also
the truth is Jesus was never a 'christian' - christianity is not the religion of Jesus.

alive

Jesus did not come to give birth to a new religion.
NO, Jesus came to DELIVER MEN from the law of sin and death
to transform and redeem men from death - i.e.those wages that are paid out because of sin.
the religion of christisnity has been unable to do this.

perhaps it would be better to name the 37000 + sects as 'churchianity' as the CHRIST IS MISSING.

4consideration

Premium Member
to transform and redeem men from death - i.e.those wages that are paid out because of sin.

perhaps it would be better to name the 37000 + sects as 'churchianity' as the CHRIST IS MISSING.

I would be interesting in hearing just what type and how much specific research you have done into the theology and actual practice 37,000 Christian sects you mention, in order to determine that Christ is missing in all of them.

I think it would be OK for you to just focus on the theological concepts of each of these 37,000 Christian sects, since this is in the Theological Concepts section, but personally, I'd also like to see your assessment of the practical application of these concepts, as well.

alive

I would be interesting in hearing just what type and how much specific research you have done into the theology and actual practice 37,000 Christian sects you mention, in order to determine that Christ is missing in all of them.

I think it would be OK for you to just focus on the theological concepts of each of these 37,000 Christian sects, since this is in the Theological Concepts section, but personally, I'd also like to see your assessment of the practical application of these concepts, as well.

thank you for your reply
My 'theological concepts' are based upon the 4 gospels of the NT [we are told that this goodnews abolished death] also, on the NT actions and ministry of the Saviour and how He desired all men to BE AS HE IS,namely, transformed from the laws of sin and death, and attaining to eternal life - fashioned upon His image alone.

He said ''Follow me'' and the redeemed shall follow NO other.

He left a pattern to follow, and when practiced, daily the result would be ''an imitation of christ'' formed in a people.
A sonship would result, that allowed converts to pass into ''the Order of Melchedezek'' under His High priestly intercession - and this new order contained IMPERISHABLE LIFE for those who ''died to self''= the ''self life'' being condemned by the wages of sin = death.
DEATH IS AN EMPLOYER who pays out wages to its workers.
To escape such a cursed employer, Jesus had written down His advice so others could follow Him and Be as He is.
ofcourse we know christ is NOT JESUS 2ND NAME... but THE POWER FROM ON HIGH to overcome all things as he overcame.
CHRIST IS A VERB
the fact is Martin luther, saw, the apostate condition of a system that failed the test - to reproduce THE CHRIST POWER within its people and who had remained under the laws of sin and death and suffered at the hands of this ruler -death.
Ofcourse, we have the proclaimation of the Saviour Himself in rev 3- riling against this man ruled over church monster '' the Nicolatians'' -man power INSTEAD OF CHRIST POWER.
Again, we are told '' I stand at the door and knock'' so WHO IS INSIDE preaching, when he is outside these aposate establishments.
Ofcourse, the cry goes out ''come out of her My people'' and dont not suffer her sins.
updated
however to be practicle............
there is a way of escaping so great a corruption
there is a way into eternal life and it is by the daily practicing of His sayings, that abolished death - john 8 v 51
The 4 gospels are the core of life forevermore, and when practiced daily, stop corrupt practices, stop sin florishing, stop death from murdering its victims of sin.
the Gospels [when put into daily practice] develops faith and we know '' what is not of faith is sin'' - therefore Jesus style of faith has to be developed within.
why?
for without faith it is impossible to please God.
The lord came to ''set the captives free'' - that was His ministry.
free from what exactly?
the law of sin and death.- Jesus walked outside these laws, i.e. sin did not touch Him, death fled at His word. [ This is His Ministry that set men free from adamic curses]
AN amazing 3 1/2 yrs, and an astonishing time never repeated.... so we have substitutes made by religious man and a counterfeit posing in Christ's place - adding to this truth ''My people perish from the lack of knowledge'' - therefore ''if we had christ knowledge we would not perish.''

Last edited:

Swordfall

Or, you just have the apostolic succession of Peter, who founded the actual, historical Church of Christianity.

Church is written in the Bible: Peter is the rock in which Christ will build his church, and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. See Matthew 16.

You are just way off with your thread. You are condemning church, when it is explicitly told of in scripture. That is sort of the problem with people always playing at dismissing 'church' and 'religion'- such arguments are definitively wrong.

Last edited:

4consideration

Premium Member
thank you for your reply
My 'theological concepts' are based upon the 4 gospels of the NT [we are told that this goodnews abolished death] also, on the NT actions and ministry of the Saviour and how He desired all men to BE AS HE IS,namely, transformed from the laws of sin and death, and attaining to eternal life - fashioned upon His image alone.

He said ''Follow me'' and the redeemed shall follow NO other.

He left a pattern to follow, and when practiced, daily the result would be ''an imitation of christ'' formed in a people.
A sonship would result, that allowed converts to pass into ''the Order of Melchedezek'' under His High priestly intercession - and this new order contained IMPERISHABLE LIFE for those who ''died to self''= the ''self life'' being condemned by the wages of sin = death.
DEATH IS AN EMPLOYER who pays out wages to its workers.
To escape such a cursed employer, Jesus had written down His advice so others could follow Him and Be as He is.
ofcourse we know christ is NOT JESUS 2ND NAME... but THE POWER FROM ON HIGH to overcome all things as he overcame.
CHRIST IS A VERB
the fact is Martin luther, saw, the apostate condition of a system that failed the test - to reproduce THE CHRIST POWER within its people and who had remained under the laws of sin and death and suffered at the hands of this ruler -death.
Ofcourse, we have the proclaimation of the Saviour Himself in rev 3- riling against this man ruled over church monster '' the Nicolatians'' -man power INSTEAD OF CHRIST POWER.
Again, we are told '' I stand at the door and knock'' so WHO IS INSIDE preaching, when he is outside these aposate establishments.
Ofcourse, the cry goes out ''come out of her My people'' and dont not suffer her sins.
updated
however to be practicle............
there is a way of escaping so great a corruption
there is a way into eternal life and it is by the daily practicing of His sayings, that abolished death - john 8 v 51
The 4 gospels are the core of life forevermore, and when practiced daily, stop corrupt practices, stop sin florishing, stop death from murdering its victims of sin.
the Gospels [when put into daily practice] develops faith and we know '' what is not of faith is sin'' - therefore Jesus style of faith has to be developed within.
why?
for without faith it is impossible to please God.
The lord came to ''set the captives free'' - that was His ministry.
free from what exactly?
the law of sin and death.- Jesus walked outside these laws, i.e. sin did not touch Him, death fled at His word. [ This is His Ministry that set men free from adamic curses]
AN amazing 3 1/2 yrs, and an astonishing time never repeated.... so we have substitutes made by religious man and a counterfeit posing in Christ's place - adding to this truth ''My people perish from the lack of knowledge'' - therefore ''if we had christ knowledge we would not perish.''

Thank you for your reply. (Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed it.)

You didn't actually answer my question, though.

I asked you how and what type of research you had made into all those many sects of Christianity you seem to think is missing in what you think of as the real point of the message/mission of Jesus. IMO, in order to determine something crucial to be missing, one would have to have a thorough understanding of the beliefs/practices of those sects. Otherwise, it just seems like a guess.

Personally, I think Jesus taught in such a way for his messages to have various levels of meaning and understanding, depending upon who was receiving the message. While some of his teachings may be applied more readily to the external -- to action, I think much of his mission was to teach people about walking an internal path -- which would automatically be connected and observable in their actions.

I think we may have some level of agreement in that I think there is a Christ Consciousness (power) one is in touch with when applying those teachings internally, and also among the community when practiced as a sort of rulership under the guidance of love within any community. I think often the messages of Jesus are misused, and fashioned into weapons to be used against people one disagrees with, does not like, does not understand -- and unfortunately, I think, as an excuse to exclude others from the love of God, which I think, is contrary to what he stood for and taught.