• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana Consumtion

Sorry if this is a stereotype but can one be a Rastafarian and not partake in the consumption of marijuana?

Why do people smoke marijuana for religion sorry Im not too familiar with the concept of rasta I'm just going by a generalization from the media

TurkeyOnRye

Marijuana expands our perception of consciousness. It gives us a glimpse into the true nature of the things which we objectify and therefore the consumption of pot may be regarded by some people to be a means of getting closer to what they call "god." I would think that its relevance to panentheism is quite strong.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
***MOD POST***
Please bear in mind that this is the Rastafari DIR. Anyone who doesn't identify as Rastafarin, please limit your posts to respectful quesions.

Dunemeister

Does Rastafarianism restrict drug use to marijuana or are other drugs considered to be helpful as well? Are there any drugs a Rastafarian would avoid on religious grounds because that drug either hindered or even harmed one's spirituality?

Arnack

We are our Own Creation
Does Rastafarianism restrict drug use to marijuana or are other drugs considered to be helpful as well? Are there any drugs a Rastafarian would avoid on religious grounds because that drug either hindered or even harmed one's spirituality?
Usually kept just to marijuana ;)
But I don't like speaking for a whole group of people.

We only smoke the ganja, drugs such as crack and cocaine and LSD are unacceptable

yonah34

Is anyone familiar with this?

New Film: The Fire Baptism and the Lost Sacraments

The Holy Oil of God Illegal? The Fire Baptism Illegal?
This shocking film traces the history of the Fire Baptism of Jesus Christ and the Holy Oil, through the earliest Christian Fathers, Gnostic Christians, and early Roman Catholic Church Councils.

This Film Documentary brings together the worlds foremost researchers on Cannabis in the Holy Anointing Oil as described in Exodus 30:23. The Holy Oil includes an ingredient translated as calamus. This translation is incorrect. Calamus contains a poison called asarone. The term Calamus was mistranslated in the earliest Greek Bible the Septuagint. The Hebrew in this case is Kaneh Bosem or cannabis.

The Fire Baptism of Jesus Christ is illegal to obtain today. The Holy Anointing Oil of God is illegal to manufacture Worldwide. The very anointing whereby we were called Christians, according to the earliest Christian fathers, is denied. Not one Christian Church on the planet uses Gods Holy Anointing Oil, as described in Exodus 30:23, making every Christian on the planet a false anointed or not anointed at all. Is the Anti-Christ upon us? This 1700 year old deception is exposed.

The Chrism or (anointing) is superior to baptism, for it is from the word Chrism that we are called Christians. Gospel of Phillip.

"Are you unwilling to be anointed with the Oil of God? Wherefore we are called Christians on this account, because we are anointed with the oil of God." Theophilus of Antioch (181AD)

Saint Tertullian of Carthage (160 - 225 AD) writes that after water baptism, " We are thoroughly anointed with a blessed unction, (a practice derived), from the old discipline, wherein on entering the priesthood, then were wont to be anointed with oil from a horn, ever since Aaron was anointed by Moses. Whence Aaron is called "Christ." Tertullian of Carthage "On Baptism."

Producer/Director:
Terry Winger

Cast:
Chris Bennett, Professor Carl Ruck, Chris Conrad, Mikki Norris, Reverend Mark Stevens, Reverend Baldasaro, Reverend Tucker, and others.

Full information is available at............Please feel free to quote or link to my research. My research is online.

Thanks

1am1ion

Many religions use psychotropic plants.
We might say most do.

In answer to the OP
Perhaps not ... necessary to smoke pot to be a Rasta Coptic.
The plant is used to reach a state, and within the guidelines of that religion is used in a sacred ritual, not as a recreational/social vice. Some people beings reach such a state of awareness that the use of entheogenic/psychotropic plants becomes counter-productive
Some need it, others don’t.

I am an [quazi]-initiate of a world famous shaman [deceased 3o yrs now]
and wish to state that the way I see western users using such plants would make most truly shamanic teachers role in their graves. For example the Native American Indians used cannabis [mixed with other herbs] in their peace-pipe. This ceremonial use was employed during the signing of peace treaties.

The daily use of cannabis in my view constitutes psychological addiction
Not religious use, I cannot post the ritual employed by those who taught me as it is secret
But you may [as have I] find some references in texts such as the bible.

I authored a book on this subject examines the Hebrew use of 2 psychotropic plants, and it detailed exactly the ritual context in which they were used, which is why it’s out of print as it violates the secret held in shamanic circles. Suffice to say you can indeed attain the enhanced awareness without the plants and once it has been attained continued [heavy use] becomes counter-productive to keeping it.

This is not from a Rasta perspective but a Mazatec one mixed with Hebrew and Hopi knowledge but they all merge in the understanding of these common principles.

There is a thing called 'peer-pressure' in which friends want you to participate in their practice. To be one of the crowd, [a team player] and they and or you can be made to feel uncomfortable or insecure by refusal to participate. This however has nothing to do with enhanced awareness, something that comes with age anyways, No need to rush it along with plants. Shamanism is now a 'fad' in western society; it is losing its value as a tool to wider understanding, That is my view.

I know Chris personally see his views as one-sided. An excellent documentary on studies into cannabis called 'the down side of high' by David Suzuki shows the side addicts and advocates don’t mention studies showing that the [almost GMO] hybridization of cannabis [I live near Chris] is creating mutant forms high in THC but low in CBDs

This is now shown to be triggering schizophrenia in some subjects and is the result of the cloning of plants in an unnatural. Setting [contrary to shamanic practice] ... on the flip side the same studies show that the CBDs in cannabis can cure schizophrenia.

The people Chris works with are major international suppliers of cannabis [a multimillion dollar trade] and have an 'agenda' This agenda is contrary to the true shamanic application of the plant, its money to them. The shaman I met refused to take money for spiritual guidance and described this as akin to 'spiritual prostitution'.

The people at cannabis culture love to refer to the bible as an ancient reference of shamanic use of cannabis ... A practice they left behind according to my teachings long ago when money came into the picture. Just adding another layer of understanding here.
Some shamanic tribes 'do' allow trade [money] of the plant but we might also look at plants like coffee.
Coffee is one of the worst environmental curses ever.
  • 1st deforestation,
  • 2nd foreign corporates come in plant coffee.
  • 3rd the coffee plants acidify the soil so [almost] nothing natural grows anymore
The deforestation then causes erosion and flash-flooding.
The acidified soil has exterminated several thousand plants, many of which were known by Zapotecs to have many healing qualities. Those have been lost forever.

BUT Maxwell House told you on TV that you want coffee
THAT’S MIND CONTROL ... Mr. CONSUMER.
Your consumer mindset tells you the destruction of vast wildernesses doesn’t matter.
Research on coffee shows that it doesn’t increase alertness awareness except the first few times, after that the brain adjusts and the consumption of coffee only brings the user back to a 'normal plateau' hence the user is addicted to regain normal cognitive function, the coffee is essential. Because 1 live amongst the coffee plantations much of the year 1 see the damage Americans do with their drug habits. Long ago 1 met the son of a Mexican biologist who documented the plants on the newly made road from Oaxaca City to Potchtla, his son told me how most of those smaller plants are extinct now.

That’s what drinking coffee gets ya.
Deforestation
Species Extinction
Flash Flooding
Erosion
Population of Wilderness for Corporate Gain
Drought from cutting Rain Forest [for coffee]
Climate change
Toxic Rivers from soil/chemical/feces input
http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=20888

I have spent 35 years in Latin America and met the son of a Mexican botanist who documented the destruction done by planting coffee.
My experience is first hand, I am in Latin America now.

Cannabis is like coffee in the respect that where Chris lives it is grown indoors under electric lights in unnatural conditions. Shamanistic practices almost always require the initiate go to the region where the plant lives naturally. Gather it in a ritual manner with great care to not harm the environment and cure it in further ritual loving practice.

Lets not kid ourselves, the cannabis is about money, the guys [I know personally] in Canada [where I live] are into money and power and not interested in the aspects mentioned by the Suzuki documentary or myself for example.
When mosses Aaron and Christ were initiated they were in the region where the plant occurs naturally, not the case in Canada where the sale of this plant constitutes over 60% of the provinces income, is traded 1 for 1 kilo for coke in LA, and [according to info] organized crime and the governments and bankers are involved up to their necks?

Guess what?
This is NOT religious/shamanic use.
Let’s not kid ourselves.

Last edited:

1am1ion

but then again who am i to judge ?
often the purpose of events becomes visible long afterwards.
1m not judging Chris and his circle, dont get me wrong.
Just adding another layer to the topic.