• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many non-Christians keep the "entire law"

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I always thought so. Of course Paul hates himself so what does it mean then?(to clarify he hates the flesh)
Yes he did seem like a self-flaggeIator. I don't get Paul sometimes.

Anyway, I'm trying to be a good Christian but I'm driven mad by other Christians. I see such close-mindedness, bigotry, division, confusion, judgements, and condemnation, it drives me nuts!

All from an ancient text that contradicts itself, and is notorious for leading people to opposite beliefs. It drives me nuts!

I see pagans, heretics, and unbelievers keeping the law better than people who know Scripture inside out.

Oh yes, and then good heroic examples like Ghandi are burned in hell for trillions and trillions of years for not accepting Jesus as their Lord and savior. I've never heard of something so depressing and sickening as what so many Christians are promoting.

idav

Being
Premium Member

Anyway, I'm trying to be a good Christian but I'm driven mad by other Christians. I see such close-mindedness, bigotry, division, confusion, judgements, and condemnation, it drives me nuts!

All from an ancient text that contradicts itself, and is notorious for leading people to opposite beliefs. It drives me nuts!

I see pagans, heretics, and unbelievers keeping the law better than people who know Scripture inside out.

Oh yes, and then good heroic examples like Ghandi are burned in hell for trillions and trillions of years for not accepting Jesus as their Lord and savior. I've never heard of something so depressing and sickening as what so many Christians are promoting.
Well to be fair I think most people just stick to the words of Christ, literally some don't even want to hear what John the Baptist has to say. I think it's pretty telling what needs to be done when one of our smartest founding fathers chose to just take the life and morals of Jesus, by taking scissors to the Bible. That's not necessary for us we can see the Jefferson Bible online.
The Jefferson Bible (The Life & Morals of Jesus of Nazareth)

idav

Being
Premium Member
Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
There is also the golden rule.
Matthew 7:12
Then pertaining to the OP which essentially says the same thing, love thy neighbor as they self and there law and there prophets hang by that. Pretty straightforward I think.
Matthew 22:39-40

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I distinguish between "Christians" and "followers of Christ". The former are those who superficially repeat dogma. The later try to live the Christ's message more and more.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well to be fair I think most people just stick to the words of Christ, literally some don't even want to hear what John the Baptist has to say. I think it's pretty telling what needs to be done when one of our smartest founding fathers chose to just take the life and morals of Jesus, by taking scissors to the Bible. That's not necessary for us we can see the Jefferson Bible online.
The Jefferson Bible (The Life & Morals of Jesus of Nazareth)
True! I'm focused on some of the Christians I've known or heard while forgetting that there are many rational, humble, charitable Christians who follow Christ.

I guess I gotta quit being so negative and shift my focus :)

Hawkins

Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

It says the "entire law". It's quite simple.

No. No one is righteous in front of that piece of law.

Children are dying of hunger in Africa. They are your earthly neighbors your knowledge can reach. If you love them enough, you shouldn't have the money to surf the net.