• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many new agers on this forum?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
- New age belief is that God is universal og beyond religion
- New age belief is that God's presense is everywere, that God's presense is also in the soul.
- New age belief is that both the souls to human and souls to animals is divine because we are God's children.
- New age belief is that God are love.
- New age belief is reincarnation. Reincarnation is both just and loving .
- New age belief is that omnism is true, the belief that no religion is the only truth, but that truth is found within them all.
I think those beliefs are beautiful and will help humanity very much. There are a couple I believe differently to but I want to focus on what we have in common.

Now what is omnism? I would prefer to hear it from you than google it. I love your profile name too Starlight.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I think those beliefs are beautiful and will help humanity very much. There are a couple I believe differently to but I want to focus on what we have in common.

Now what is omnism? I would prefer to hear it from you than google it. I love your profile name too Starlight.
Omnism is the belief that no religion is the only truth, but that truth is found within them all. How is that possible?

Omnists do not believe one spesific religion (for example Christianity or hinduism is 100% literaly true.). if that was the case then it is not logical.

An analogy that support omnism is this:

Four blind men who discover an elephant.
Since the men have never encountered an elephant, they grope about, seeking to understand and describe this new phenomenon.
One grasps the trunk and concludes it is a snake.
Another explores one of the elephant's legs and describes it as a tree. A third finds the elephant's tail and announces that it is a rope.
And the fourth blind man, after discovering the elephant's side, concludes that it is, after all, a wall.
Each, in his blindness, is describing the same thing: an elephant. Yet each describes the same thing in a radically different way.

According to religious pluralists or ominsts, this is analogous to the different religions of the world: They are describing the same thing in radically different ways. Thus one should conclude that no individual religion has the whole truth, but truth is found in them all and that all should be viewed as essentially equally valid.
If God is infinite and we are finite it is reasonable to believe that none of us can fully capture His nature.

This was written by David Horner The Blind Men and the Elephant

What the religions share of belief:
Belief in a higher power/God, be kind to your neigbour, forgiverness, kindness, morality laws, prophets or holy souls of God, prayers to God, Heaven/hell/reincarnation, that the most important is to serve God and loving each other

Thank you very much for liking my profile name :blush:

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Omnism is the belief that no religion is the only truth, but that truth is found within them all. How is that possible?

Omnists do not believe one spesific religion (for example Christianity or hinduism is 100% literaly true.). if that was the case then it is not logical.

An analogy that support omnism is this:

Four blind men who discover an elephant.
Since the men have never encountered an elephant, they grope about, seeking to understand and describe this new phenomenon.
One grasps the trunk and concludes it is a snake.
Another explores one of the elephant's legs and describes it as a tree. A third finds the elephant's tail and announces that it is a rope.
And the fourth blind man, after discovering the elephant's side, concludes that it is, after all, a wall.
Each, in his blindness, is describing the same thing: an elephant. Yet each describes the same thing in a radically different way.

According to religious pluralists or ominsts, this is analogous to the different religions of the world: They are describing the same thing in radically different ways. Thus one should conclude that no individual religion has the whole truth, but truth is found in them all and that all should be viewed as essentially equally valid.
If God is infinite and we are finite it is reasonable to believe that none of us can fully capture His nature.

This was written by David Horner The Blind Men and the Elephant

What the religions share of belief:
Belief in a higher power/God, be kind to your neigbour, forgiverness, kindness, morality laws, prophets or holy souls of God, prayers to God, Heaven/hell/reincarnation, that the most important is to serve God and loving each other

Thank you very much for liking my profile name :blush:
Thanks for explaining that. So true.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
I am new ager, it is more people here who also identify as new ager?

I identified myself as a New Ager when I was a senior high school student; it was during my “baby hippie” days. I still have bits of overlap as to some of the things I engage with even as a Bahá’í (e.g. crystals, chakras, astrology, numerology, mindfulness meditation, psychedelic music, the broadminded sense of spirituality, investigating vegetarianism).

And yes, I’m still a hippie.

Last edited: