• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Many Faces

One of the things I apsire to is the wearing of masks. A popular chaoist reasoning is that all humans inately have multiple personalities. As example, angry Morelia is almost unrecognizable psychologically from Happy Morelia.
In a healthy person, all of these selves share the same memory and basic reasoning. But they are quite different none the less.
A skilled person can allow these selves reign as appropriate. This can be viewed shallowly as similar to anger managment, but makes an experienced chaoist a mercurial and terrifying person, capable of shifting between these selves with startling and disarming celerity, truly being in that mindset when he/she does so.
Whether metaphorically or psychologically viewed, this is an exceptional weapon, and allows for the mastery of many situations.
Doing so, however, frightens most people as they view it as a degredation of the self. As we view there being no single self, this is a form of fulfillment to us. A popular way of looking at it is that the 'self' that others consider you is but a chakti bag of sorts for your many true selves.
Your thoughts on this?

Fra. Yndel

I believe that we have spoken of this in the past Fra. Morelia. I am still just a little confused as to how far you take the "many faces" reasoning. Do you believe that each face is a distinct and seperate Morelia? Or do you believe that each face comes together to complete who Morelia is?

Let me see if I can explain the questions a little further by sharing my thoughts on the subject. I believe that I am me, I am Fra. Yndel. However there are many different aspects of myself that must come together to form the whole. I have different faces as you mentioned earlier, but each one is a subordinate structure to my whole. I can put on one face and take off another but the whole time that i am changing faces I am still Fra. Yndel at the core. I do not believe in seperate entities for every single face that I possess, but every different face that I have adds up to form the complete Fra. Yndel.

Come one, Fra Yndel, you know me.
:mrgreen:
I believe it is a potentially useful view. it is the same as paradigm shifting and whatnot. adapting to the need at hand. I use the view to help sculpt my overall mentality and control of my emotions. i hold nothing true save fossil fuel and gravity.