• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Calico Cat

Titanic

Have you ever owned or seen a male calico cat? I heard they are one of the more rare felines.

freethinker44

Both of my grandmothers had two of them each over the course of my life. I had no idea they were rare. Kind of weird coincidence two family members owned four of them.

Titanic

Both of my grandmothers had two of them each over the course of my life. I had no idea they were rare. Kind of weird coincidence two family members owned four of them.

That is a pretty weird coincidence. I have a female calico, I have never knew anyone who had owned a male one though. I guess your grandmothers knew how to find cats!

freethinker44

That is a pretty weird coincidence. I have a female calico, I have never knew anyone who had owned a male one though. I guess your grandmothers knew how to find cats!

I guess. My one grandmother didn't even like cats, she only had them because they were on their way to the pound and she didn't want them to be put down. The one she had for a few years until it went out one day and just never came back (it probably died in the woods), and then a year or so later she got the other one from a different friend, it was the last one left from a litter she didn't want, and I think it also left and never came back.

Titanic

I guess. My one grandmother didn't even like cats, she only had them because they were on their way to the pound and she didn't want them to be put down. The one she had for a few years until it went out one day and just never came back (it probably died in the woods), and then a year or so later she got the other one from a different friend, it was the last one left from a litter she didn't want, and I think it also left and never came back.

Well it is good she took them in. What can I say, I am a animal person.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
There are some types of cats that usually come in female. Calicos and tortoise shells are good examples.

And then orange marmelade cats are usually male.

Last edited:

Titanic

There are some types of cats that usually come in female. Calicos and tortoise shells are good examples.

And then orange marmelade cats are usually male.

Yeah that is what I heard. I really did not know orange marmalade cats are usually male, I guess I never really thought about.