• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maker's Mark

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

A fine handmade Southern bourbon.

I don't like it straight, I don't like it in Coke, or any other way that I might have had it.

The only way that I like it is this simple receipe:

One part Maker's Mark, three parts Fort Worth tap water. A couple of cubes of ice.

It makes a sweet and light drink, one usually takes me all the way home.

A

angellous_evangellous

It's also lovely on a cold night, sitting by the fire with my faithful Golden retriever...

maybe some fried or baked apples...

A

angellous_evangellous

Maize said:
Straight up, please.

Do you shoot it?

I like Jack striaght, but Maker's is a bit bitter and thick. Water seems to bring out its sweetness, and it's just as quick and strong - provided you drink the same amount.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
angellous_evangellous said:
Do you shoot it?

I like Jack striaght, but Maker's is a bit bitter and thick. Water seems to bring out its sweetness, and it's just as quick and strong - provided you drink the same amount.

I don't usually shoot it. Just pour some in a glass and sip on it a while.

Have you tried Woodford Reserve bourbon? Very smooth. In many ways I like it better than Makers, except for the price!

A

angellous_evangellous

I haven't tried the Woodward yet. I haven't even seen it before...

I'm trying to build up my stock, so I'll pick some up soon.